• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This week's Quiz. Lenin

Missed one and I cry foul - They asked about which country Lenin conquered, lying between itself and Germany, from 1919-1921. The question implies the country was conquered in that timeframe, but Russia didn't actually conquer the "correct" answer until 1939. Poorly phrased at best . . .

I just wonder how many correct answers most of today's high school or even college students might get. Probably not much of Lenin's background covered in Women's Studies or even social justice.

One of my favorite trivia questions: In which month was the October Revolution held? Answer - November (by a quirk of calendar versions!).

Missed one and I cry foul - They asked about which country Lenin conquered, lying between itself and Germany, from 1919-1921. The question implies the country was conquered in that timeframe, but Russia didn't actually conquer the "correct" answer until 1939. Poorly phrased at best . . .

I just wonder how many correct answers most of today's high school or even college students might get. Probably not much of Lenin's background covered in Women's Studies or even social justice.

One of my favorite trivia questions: In which month was the October Revolution held? Answer - November (by a quirk of calendar versions!).
Less that 50% Id wager, and not much world history covered in basketweaving 101.

Too easy for old farts who grew up during the Cold War. Too stressful for millennials.
it reminded me of this, and many "adults" these days don't remember the ussr.