• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thompson Center Compass

CJS-6.5

Full auto flintlock user.
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2017
I need a spare coyote gun for when a buddy visits. I see Cabelas is selling these for 299 minus 75 rebate for a total of $224! Are they ok enough to get one in .243?

I got the 308 a month ago for my son . Yup they shoot. But your gonna have to work in the trigger. But for $225 it's cheaper than most .22's

Attachments

• photo68432.jpg
    photo68432.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 24
Is the trigger totally junk or can I just polish the friction surfaces and shorten the spring and be gtg?

I stoned then polished mine got it to bout 4lbs good trigger for the kid. I didn't mess with the spring figuring it would be a pain in the ass to get another one. Also bedded the front lug.

Getting the .308 also. Cabelas also has the Leupold 3x9 40mm VX-1 long range duplex with a couple of mil dots for $180. Should be a nice compact light combo for about $400. And actually, the rifle will only cost about $204 after the rebate and the $20 coupon I got for buying the rifle and doing a survey. Cheapest .308 I've ever had by far!

Last edited:
Its almost sad how cheap a guy can get into a new bolt action today...until you realize once you have one you have to have 20 and then you can see that the big gun companies are getting smart.

My finding with inexpensive rifles is that just because you paid a pittance for the rifle doesn't mean that the scopes are any cheaper. It's the glass that gets you, man... it's the scope companies, I tell ya...

getting one also from sportsman's guide with 3-9 crap lens for $280ish before rebate.

I stoned then polished mine got it to bout 4lbs good trigger for the kid. I didn't mess with the spring figuring it would be a pain in the ass to get another one. Also bedded the front lug.

Getting the .308 also. Cabelas also has the Leupold 3x9 40mm VX-1 long range duplex with a couple of mil dots for $180. Should be a nice compact light combo for about $400. And actually, the rifle will only cost about $204 after the rebate and the $20 coupon I got for buying the rifle and doing a survey. Cheapest .308 I've ever had by far!

I got the 308 a month ago for my son . Yup they shoot. But your gonna have to work in the trigger. But for $225 it's cheaper than most .22's

Been about a year. Curious how these Rifles are holding up. Done any upgrades or are they really just a backup rifle you set up then set aside until a buddy needs to borrow it?

I didn't buy one. I was disappointed in the stock, the trigger, and the barrel contour. Other than that they are probably fine.

They are hunting guns, not precision rifles. For what they are designed for, they are an amazing value and good shooters. Have two in 6.5cm and 300wm as cheap, light elk and deer guns I don't have to worry about babying. I can also lend them out and not care if I ever see em again.