• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thompson Center's new Tactical Rifle

Re: Thompson Center's new Tactical Rifle

I have nothing to add in respect to how the tactical version of the Icon is coming along, or what pricing will be like but I will say that a recently purchased sporter style Icon in .308 is impressing the heck out of me. It's always great to have a rifle out of the box that doesn't need a bunch of stuff done to improve accuracy. Lots of great features that are useful,the adjustable trigger breaks crisply. It only makes sense that the design is going to catch on with the tactical users.

another bump.. any more news on how it's coming along?

nice looking rifle I own an icon in 308 it will shoot 1-in. or better with 3 or 4 different brands of ammo and that is with out hand loading Looking forward to the new rifle

I would prefere a 1 in 10 twist for the .308 I like the option to shoot heavy bullets

Sorry, bumped this due to a convo on the Optics forum, without any explanation. November GUNS N AMMO has the Warlord on its cover as TC's "new tack driver". TC has been offering the Warlord from its custom shop for nearly 2 years now, at $3000.00

I was wondering if this is just very slow to press, or if TC is offering a regular production model Warlord now for less $. (Can't find the NOV G&A here locally yet)

Anybody read it or in the know?

Anyone seen one of these for sale? Are they only offered through the Custom Shop. They had them at the Dallas Safari Club show in January and one of my best buds fell in love with it. I am trying to help his wife find him one for Christmas (I know, awesome wife, huh?).

Thanks!

I bought that issue off the stands the other day. The article was very good. They dont quote an MSRP in the article or on their website. I have a dealer calling on one so I will let you know. It seems like a great rifle, interesting action, and full of features you would pay a premium price for. Just looking at the features I am guessing $2500-$3000 I just wish for that price I knew whose barrel it was. If it was TC or someone elses.

Bring a thread back from the dead.

Jays in Clare, MI has one of these on stock. Nice looking rifle, everything about is bad to the bone, exept the 3k price tag.

WedFeb24155333EST2010.jpg

WedFeb24155355EST2010.jpg

Was looking real hard at this for a while. They often have them on gunbroker. I dont think the price is too out of line when you tally up the components, Manners, Badger ,Rock 5R.

I placed a call to GAP and spoke to George about modifying it to use AW magazines as it was originaly suppose to. He said it can be done butinvolves quite a bit of machine work. Thats what sunk it for me, had it accepted the AW magazines I would be running one now.

Can I get a Contender barrel in .375 CheyTac?

The AW mag is double stock, and slightly longer?

This one didn't have an AI mag, unless they do not mark them for T/C. Looked like an accurate mag to me, unless an employee swapped them out.

In the April 2010 <span style="font-style: italic">Shooting Times </span>article they were priced at $2999, but I see that T/C has them at $3499 (full retail price of course) on their website and a dealer on GunBroker wants $3300. I like the idea of an aluminum bedding block that is keyed to the receiver. I'd like to see a close up of the bolt. Seems like a very nice rifle and could be a good seller if the price is made "right." At $3500 it competes well with the Remington 40X-S, but not with with "custom" rifles from GAP and others.

I'd like to know how well the mags feed and what the LOP is - anyone know for sure?

The same issue had some nice words to say about Jared Joplin at APA in another article.

Manual
"http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals/current/Icon_Warlord_Manual.pdf"

Pics
"http://www.tcarms.com/media/productPhotos.php?Display=001_Icon"

Custom shop addition on new Icon. When ordering you can choose twist since TC is a master match barrel manufacturer. 1/2 minute guarantee for 2995.00 usd. Caliber offering rumors 308win, 6.5 creed and possibly other common .30 rounds in different lengths, I would assume 6.5 x 47. and 338 lapua, hmm if price for 338 remains 2995 I am very drawn in to the prospects of owning this piece.