• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THOR M310R .408 CheyTac Questions

GlockSlap

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2006
FL
CheyTac M310R - .408 CheyTac; looking at this and have some questions on experiences here with this particular already built rifle. The action is Stiller, the barrel Benchmark, the stock McMillan, the trigger Jewel bottom safety. I'm told it is capable of 3/4 MOA, but know little about the sum of parts on the rifle, and parts on the whole. Comes with 2 magazines, aluminum case, no bipod.

Length - 53.5 inches
Weight - 19 lbs w/ scope rail
Barrel - 29 inch with 1:13 twist
Repeater with 7 round magazine

420220_10150603554894120_119979424119_10781289_2085738745_n.jpg

396720_10150542662989120_119979424119_10532382_625273197_n.jpg

Re: THOR M310R .408 CheyTac Questions

I don't know about the sum either, but that is one kickass rifle.
How much are they asking for it?

I really need someone to weigh in on this thing-it ain't cheap, but I am still in negotiations for it. I need to know as I am ignorant at this level-was going to originally looking at a AI 338 Lapua, and the .408 caught my eye.

I don't have one, but I haven't heard a single complaint about anyone owning an AI 338 Lapua Mag.

If ammo weren't such an issue, I think I'd do a 375 Cheytac before I did the 408. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, the .375 seems hard to come by and the .408 has more long term legs. But I don't really know.

Both are hard to come by for factory loads, but the reason the .375 is more popular now than the .408 is because the .375 outperforms it at ELR distances. Until recently, components for either were available in reasonable volume, but a dispute between Cheytac and Jamison Intl appears to have halted the flow of brass. The one upside to all this is that .408-based cartridges (for clarity, the .375 is just a necked down .408) now have a much wider availability of bullets than in the past. There are now several manufacturers making high BC solids for either.

I guess I would love to hear more about the rifle from owners, places to get ammo (either) in stock NOW, and do the parts mentioned sound worthy?

Plus I guess I am partially concerned with the prospect of a long range weapon combo that only generates 3/4 MOA? Or is it the big bores just are no as precise?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockSlap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I would love to hear more about the rifle from owners, places to get ammo (either) in stock NOW, and do the parts mentioned sound worthy?

Plus I guess I am partially concerned with the prospect of a long range weapon combo that only generates 3/4 MOA? Or is it the big bores just are no as precise? </div></div>
UP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kristian55</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockSlap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I would love to hear more about the rifle from owners, places to get ammo (either) in stock NOW, and do the parts mentioned sound worthy?

Plus I guess I am partially concerned with the prospect of a long range weapon combo that only generates 3/4 MOA? Or is it the big bores just are no as precise? </div></div>
UP</div></div>

generally the big bores don't produce the tiny groups (even after accounting for the bullet diameter)... nobody owns the THOR rifles yet, the pictures you have are of the first two built, the components are solid, all the work on these rifles was done by people here on the hide ( that you've probably talked to or heard of )... ammo is available, you just might not be able to go buy it at your local shooting supply, hell a LOT of guys can't buy FGMM 308 locally.