• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Those pesky life saving firefighters are at it again!

The cop got butt hurt and pulled a power play.... Its like the 3rd grade hall monitor telling the line leader I'm the boss of you. REDICULOUS!!!

People like that have no place in the law enforcement community

When a man has only one tool, if that tool is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail. I think this cop might be OK at pounding nails, but somebody should have put a wrench and a screwdriver in his toolbox.

I'm not defending his actions but I'm also not going to jump on the ensuing bandwagon that is eventually going to call for his head. Especially not off a 20 second video clip.

Perhaps before we all demonize this officer maybe we should take a step back and ask ourselves what transpired before the camera started rolling. It doesn't take 23 (random number) firemen to treat two injured motorists. Maybe, just maybe, the officer wanted to keep SOME traffic following so that the ambulances could access the scene. I've been to jobs where these guys show up with 6-7 pieces of apparatus and completely shut down the highway. To the point where EMS has to respond southbound in northbound lanes creating an even bigger hazard.

Maybe in the fireman's zeal to be the hero, he parked his rig haphazardly and being that the motorists were being treated by the other 22 firemen he was asked to move his rig to facilitate the flow of traffic, again perhaps to get ambulances or other resources to the scene. Some firetrucks while highly visible from the front and sides all but disappear at night and I've witnessed people rear ending them for due to this very reason.

I highly doubt that patient care was at all affected by this guy being asked to move the truck or by the fact that he was placed in cuffs for not doing so. I've seen shit like this play out too many times during the course of my career and often times it also comes down to big egos on both sides. Maybe they were both assholes. But before you start painting firemen as saints (they're anything but) and swinging from their collective nutsacks, I figured I'd give a different perspective. Not that reason matters when it comes to cops around here.

Now let the shit show commence.

I'm not defending his actions but I'm also not going to jump on the ensuing bandwagon that is eventually going to call for his head. Especially not off a 20 second video clip.

Perhaps before we all demonize this officer maybe we should take a step back and ask ourselves what transpired before the camera started rolling. It doesn't take 23 (random number) firemen to treat two injured motorists. Maybe, just maybe, the officer wanted to keep SOME traffic following so that the ambulances could access the scene. I've been to jobs where these guys show up with 6-7 pieces of apparatus and completely shut down the highway. To the point where EMS has to respond southbound in northbound lanes creating an even bigger hazard.

Maybe in the fireman's zeal to be the hero, he parked his rig haphazardly and being that the motorists were being treated by the other 22 firemen he was asked to move his rig to facilitate the flow of traffic, again perhaps to get ambulances or other resources to the scene. Some firetrucks while highly visible from the front and sides all but disappear at night and I've witnessed people rear ending them for due to this very reason.

I highly doubt that patient care was at all affected by this guy being asked to move the truck or by the fact that he was placed in cuffs for not doing so. I've seen shit like this play out too many times during the course of my career and often times it also comes down to big egos on both sides. Maybe they were both assholes. But before you start painting firemen as saints (they're anything but) and swinging from their collective nutsacks, I figured I'd give a different perspective. Not that reason matters when it comes to cops around here.

I can totally see your point and respect your experiences. The point of this thread was to maybe make people realize that automatically painting with a broad brush is not only incorrect but ridiculous. I never realized that many firefighters responded to accidents. Then again, I'm from a small backwards assed country town. We don't have that many firefighters. There's good and bad in everything, everyone. Try to remember that when you're dealin with us filthy civvies. Damn, Kumbaya.

You may be right, he needed that truck moved, but according to the article he was parker in the median, so I am not sure how mach he was slowing things down. No matter what putting him in cuffs was not going to help anything. I would have to say he should have takes a few pictures, document it, and run it up the chain.

I read an article years ago where this had happened. A Fire Truck was parked in the lane of traffic directly next to a crash scene, and the responding officer didn't like it that the FFs would not move their rig. The reason is, they used the truck as a barricade to protect the scene from other motorists, so they can do their job of treating the people/scene with minimal chance of run over.

See here, in 2010 again by CHP, and again in 2003. That officer in 2003 was ordered to pay $18,000 for 'arresting' the fire captain and preventing him from tending to the scene. The problem is that FF and LE should be working together on the scene; this bravado bullshit doesn't help the public in any way. The LE on scene at a traffic incident usually are providing security, so the FFs can do their job of fire control, accessing damaged vehicles, and tending to injures. The FFs have the critical role on scene and therefore they should run the show. Not all cops are bad, and not all FFs are good, but when a cop arrests a FF while that FF is performing his duty it is a seriously flawed situation.

Well said, there is a lot more to this story. I wish the Officer would have dealt with the white hat before going with the cuffs though. He may have, but we only have a small piece of the puzzle here. I like to have the full story before making judgement.

I do not know what happened before the arrest but cops are people too, you get good ones, bad ones, and jerks just like all of society.

I do not know what happened before the arrest but cops are people too, you get good ones, bad ones, and jerks just like all of society.
yes, this is true. The problem is, though, that only the bad ones/jerks get promoted to detective!

(I had to, you know it is a joke, and it was just sitting there, waiting for this crowd)
:D

I find it very interesting that the "Bluer" the state is and the more the state hates the 2nd amendment, it seems the more their police officers get in the news for acting like insane power mad thugs or just hosing the area down with bullets when they get the itch & the less they care about what they do.
There is a reason Firefighters are just about universally liked and respected by the citizens of this country which you can't say for the other uniformed team.
While I would prefer some seriously harsh punishment for the power crazed jackboot wearer in this situation, my guess is at best he'll get "a please don't get caught on camera when you are enjoying a little bit of putting your heel on the necks of the local heroes who are trying to save people" note.

It may just be the way the news is reported, but day after day it seems the security guards that the public hired to protect them now seem to think that they are the new SS division and only answerable to their oppressor overlords (strangely also people who were hired by the public to be administrators), and those hired by the people to be the referees and make sure everyone on both sides play by the rules now also only care about their own power. Funny how that happens when you let other people do things for you instead of doing them for yourself. Maybe it's time to fire the hired help and start over.

Funny how that happens when you let other people do things for you instead of doing them for yourself.

I def agree with this. Peace Officers can't be everywhere, at all times. It's not their fault, but that's not the point. You're right, the safety of you and yours is your own responsibility. Not only safety, but I don't think we can discuss that stuff here...

This is basically a story of two dumb-asses working hard to make both firefighters and cops look stupid. First, the firefighter should have moved the truck if the officer on-scene needed him to do so. But, if that didn't work out as planned there are surely a hundred better ways to handle this than arresting the firefighter. Whatever happened to these two agencies simply working together toward a common goal?

People always ask me about the firefighter-cop rivalry, and in some places it seems like it has resulted in a pretty bitter working relationship (videos like this suggest why). I've personally never had experiences like this one where I work, and our hard working hose-draggers work pretty well with us most of the time. Don't get me wrong, they've occasionally hosed down blood we needed at a crime scene, or done some other silly shit, but most things go fine. They likely have some complaints about us, too, but it never ends up in an unprofessional dick-measuring contest like we just saw in that video.

The way I see it (and I'm speaking in limited but broad generalizations here): cops have primary authority when running the crime scene, handling the suspects, and the investigations. Firefighters handle the fires, gas leaks, structural safety issues, vehicle extractions, etc. Paramedics get first crack at medical related issues. When these issues overlap it isn't too hard to find a way to work together that doesn't get this stupid. It's really just a matter of being mature and professional. But, there will always be that 10% that just don't belong in every job.

There is a reason Firefighters are just about universally liked and respected by the citizens of this country which you can't say for the other uniformed team.
While I would prefer some seriously harsh punishment for the power crazed jackboot wearer in this situation, my guess is at best he'll get "a please don't get caught on camera when you are enjoying a little bit of putting your heel on the necks of the local heroes who are trying to save people" note.

Oh, bullshit. Seriously, the reason that firefighters are "universally liked" and police are not is because we serve two totally different functions. When it is time to arrest someone it is never the firefighters that do so… it's the police. Naturally that creates a situation where some people hate us, some people fear us, and many people just don't want to have a whole lot of interaction with us. It isn't because firefighters are somehow more professional and morally just than police officers. It's just simply that we perform two separate functions. Most 25 year old guys I know like strippers a whole lot more than they like IRS agents (hell, even my grandma probably feels that way), but that doesn't in the least begin suggest that the stripper is more professional, honest, or trustworthy than the IRS agent.

This is basically a story of two dumb-asses working hard to make both firefighters and cops look stupid. First, the firefighter should have moved the truck if the officer on-scene needed him to do so. But, if that didn't work out as planned there are surely a hundred better ways to handle this than arresting the firefighter. Whatever happened to these two agencies simply working together toward a common goal?

People always ask me about the firefighter-cop rivalry, and in some places it seems like it has resulted in a pretty bitter working relationship (videos like this suggest why). I've personally never had experiences like this one where I work, and our hard working hose-draggers work pretty well with us most of the time. Don't get me wrong, they've occasionally hosed down blood we needed at a crime scene, or done some other silly shit, but most things go fine. They likely have some complaints about us, too, but it never ends up in an unprofessional dick-measuring contest like we just saw in that video.

The way I see it (and I'm speaking in limited but broad generalizations here): cops have primary authority when running the crime scene, handling the suspects, and the investigations. Firefighters handle the fires, gas leaks, structural safety issues, vehicle extractions, etc. Paramedics get first crack at medical related issues. When these issues overlap it isn't too hard to find a way to work together that doesn't get this stupid. It's really just a matter of being mature and professional. But, there will always be that 10% that just don't belong in every job.

Oh, bullshit. Seriously, the reason that firefighters are "universally liked" and police are not is because we serve two totally different functions. When it is time to arrest someone it is never the firefighters that do so… it's the police. Naturally that creates a situation where some people hate us, some people fear us, and many people just don't want to have a whole lot of interaction with us. It isn't because firefighters are somehow more professional and morally just than police officers. It's just simply that we perform two separate functions. Most 25 year old guys I know like strippers a whole lot more than they like IRS agents (hell, even my grandma probably feels that way), but that doesn't in the least begin suggest that the stripper is more professional, honest, or trustworthy than the IRS agent.

This sums it up pretty well. My only question is, (since you mentioned people dont like you because you arrest people) is there ever a situation you can foresee where you as an Officer say, 'this is bullshit, unconstitutional, and I ain't friggin doin it!'?

Someone needs to retake thier I.S. courses. I don't know about Cali. In my neck of the woods and just about every where else, on a injury crash scene the fireman have control over the scene until either the occupants have been transported via ambulance or helicopter,or the coroner gets there. The treatment of injury and especially life threatening injury is paramount and comes first period. The traffic can back up or be re-routed if they dont like it, tough. I ask the fireman to block traffic when necessary because you allways have atleast 2-3 idiots wanting to try to go through or around when we are trying to work.

They also make good witnesses on traffic related deaths and OVI crashes. I don't know if CHP are as bad as Ohio State Highway Patrol is as far as lacking common sense and a bad attitude. I'm not gonna monday morning quaterback here or take sides until everything is out, but in my short 9 years of being LEO I have never arrested anyone for doing thier job if that was what the fireman was doing. I have had 2 E.R. nurses get shitty with me and the EMT's but the fireman and thier Fire Chief took care of that.

I am curious why the trooper didn't just talk to the HMFIC which is usually a Capt. or Lt. If one was not there, get the firemans name, engine company from dispatch and have a talk with them then. I have seen as as Slapchop mentioned tons of engines show up, mainly becasue what the person who called 911 said wasn't really the case or the dispatcher was either having a bad day or paying more attention to something else. Usually we can say were good and they will waive, smile and move on. If it was a ego trip on one or both of them then shame on him / them.

Last edited:
This sums it up pretty well. My only question is, (since you mentioned people dont like you because you arrest people) is there ever a situation you can foresee where you as an Officer say, 'this is bullshit, unconstitutional, and I ain't friggin doin it!'?

Yeah, I could foresee something like that potentially happening, someday, maybe. The thing is, it isn't really a part of day-to-day life for us. I usually show up at work, see my sergeant for about 20 minutes in roll call, and then I'm on my own for the rest of the day. To some extent we have discretion in deciding to arrest someone or not (with a few exceptions), and I only make arrests that are legal and constitutionally valid. My driving point in the previous post was to highlight the fact that the mere idea that we are the ones that possess arrest authority is enough to make some people dislike us.

This string is taking on a very decided political tone, the SH does not allow any political postings-what so ever! I'd hate to see you guys get banned.

Someone needs to retake thier I.S. courses. I don't know about Cali. In my neck of the woods and just about every where else, on a injury crash scene the fireman have control over the scene until either the occupants have been transported via ambulance or helicopter,or the coroner gets there. The treatment of injury and especially life threatening injury is paramount and comes first period. The traffic can back up or be re-routed if they dont like it, tough. I ask the fireman to block traffic when necessary because you allways have atleast 2-3 idiots wanting to try to go through or around when we are trying to work. They also make good witnesses on traffic related deaths and OVI crashes. I don't know if CHP are as bad as Ohio State Highway Patrol is as far as lacking common sense and a bad attitude. I'm not gonna monday morning quaterback here or take sides until everything is out, but in my short 9 years of being LEO I have never arrested anyone for doing thier job if that was what the fireman was doing. I have had 2 E.R. nurses get shitty with me and the EMT's but the fireman and thier Fire Chief took care of that.

I grew up in Ohio, but I wasn't a copper when I lived back there (knew a bunch there and had a few in the family though). In my experience the Ohio Highway Patrol is a bit… different. No one I know has ever had a particularly great experience with that mindless ticket-producing organization (a CPD officer I knew back then was ticketed on his way in to work for 4mph over in a 50mph zone — a bit petty and ridiculous by my standards).

I will say that there's never really much of a discussion of incident command issues out here on routine calls. As I mentioned in my previous post, it really seems like it's just an issue of a bunch of professionals working together to a reasonably common goal. I can understand why CHP would want the highway cleared, as a minute of closure results in many more minutes of delay, and those minutes quickly pile up. On the other hand, I don't want to get killed by an inattentive passing motorist, nor do I want to see the firefighters killed. So, if the hose-draggers want to put their giant/heavy rig between us and the speeding drunk guy on a cellphone, I'm all for it!

Also, the idea that lives come before property/reports should be obvious to any first responder. Even our call prioritization is based on that premise: calls of a robbery are higher priority than calls for a burglary, calls for a domestic violence assault are higher priority than a call of a verbal dispute, etc. So, if the firefighters/medics are busy trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again at the scene of a highway crash, I'm plenty happy to get out of the way and let them do that. Similarly, if we're going to a call of a shooting/stabbing where the suspect is still on-scene, the firefighters and medics seem plenty happy to get out of our way and let us do our thing.

Thank you very much for your response ColoradoCop

Perhaps a better way to look at it would be this:
Let's say you have no history and no prior knowledge of the 2 teams at play.

You have a bad accident (or are an observer watching this unfold), now the parties are stuck in their car in a ditch so to speak. At this point in time, there is no crime going on and no human threatening another, except the threat of getting run over / additional accidents due to people not paying attention / not seeing things.

Guys wearing the Red team outfits show up with a whole bunch of big impressive expensive looking equipment and people with more cool gear and proceed to block things off so everybody on their team can get to work pulling the victims out of their cars & clearing the wrecks and getting their medical guys in to treat everybody & taking their time to make sure they have everything covered, they seem to have their act down really well and lots of practice and seem to have the situation well at hand.

Then a guy wearing the Blue team outfit shows up, with his fast car, cool gun and tough attitude. Starts yelling at the guys doing the work, something about he is the boss now, they better do what he says, starts demanding that the paramedics drive off before they are done treating the victims properly, saying he knows best where equipment should be placed to provide a safe work space & then when he feels he is not "respected" enough in his demands, he proceeds to grab the lead Red team guy, stopping him from helping the victims, handcuffing him and arresting him and nobody else from the blue team can be seen coming to suggest that their team member calm down.

Given the above being observed, if you were an unbiased observer or one of the victims, what opinions would you have of each team? When the story is told far and wide by the observers, how do you think it would come out?
Which team would you feel actually has the most training in how to handle the accident situation for the safest outcome for everyone and the best care for any victims?
If you were to have to be a victim in a similar accident and you could only pick 1 team to show up, who would you want & which team do you think could best resolve the issue without needing the help from the other team?

Now of course one bad actor doing one bad action, shouldn't reflect on everyone in the group... however do you hear a bunch of his fellow team members condemning what was done & promising that such behavior will not be tolerated & it will be dealt with right away? Well it at the least doesn't make the news.

For comparison of how one single incident shadows an entire group, look at those of us who appreciate our 2nd amendment rights:
Every time some crazed (usually liberal/communist/insane/leftwing nutjob) person uses a weapon to commit a crime or somebody goes threating people with a weapon, apparently it is fair game to blame all of us for our support and enjoyment of the second amendment rights, in the news media, politicians, and even those in the blue team from blue states piling on statements for the news, all demanding that we be stripped of our guaranteed rights.
Do we get any credit for all the lives saved and crime stopped by citizens defending themselves?... again crickets...
But you'll notice we and our lobbyists that we pay for, right away go out of our way to say what an evil person the criminal is and how that is wrong and they should be punished for their deeds.

Thank you very much for your response ColoradoCop

Perhaps a better way to look at it would be this:
Let's say you have no history and no prior knowledge of the 2 teams at play.

You have a bad accident (or are an observer watching this unfold), now the parties are stuck in their car in a ditch so to speak. At this point in time, there is no crime going on and no human threatening another, except the threat of getting run over / additional accidents due to people not paying attention / not seeing things.

Guys wearing the Red team outfits show up with a whole bunch of big impressive expensive looking equipment and people with more cool gear and proceed to block things off so everybody on their team can get to work pulling the victims out of their cars & clearing the wrecks and getting their medical guys in to treat everybody & taking their time to make sure they have everything covered, they seem to have their act down really well and lots of practice and seem to have the situation well at hand.

Then a guy wearing the Blue team outfit shows up, with his fast car, cool gun and tough attitude. Starts yelling at the guys doing the work, something about he is the boss now, they better do what he says, starts demanding that the paramedics drive off before they are done treating the victims properly, saying he knows best where equipment should be placed to provide a safe work space & then when he feels he is not "respected" enough in his demands, he proceeds to grab the lead Red team guy, stopping him from helping the victims, handcuffing him and arresting him and nobody else from the blue team can be seen coming to suggest that their team member calm down.

Given the above being observed, if you were an unbiased observer or one of the victims, what opinions would you have of each team? When the story is told far and wide by the observers, how do you think it would come out?
Which team would you feel actually has the most training in how to handle the accident situation for the safest outcome for everyone and the best care for any victims?
If you were to have to be a victim in a similar accident and you could only pick 1 team to show up, who would you want & which team do you think could best resolve the issue without needing the help from the other team?

Now of course one bad actor doing one bad action, shouldn't reflect on everyone in the group... however do you hear a bunch of his fellow team members condemning what was done & promising that such behavior will not be tolerated & it will be dealt with right away? Well it at the least doesn't make the news.

For comparison of how one single incident shadows an entire group, look at those of us who appreciate our 2nd amendment rights:
Every time some crazed (usually liberal/communist/insane/leftwing nutjob) person uses a weapon to commit a crime or somebody goes threating people with a weapon, apparently it is fair game to blame all of us for our support and enjoyment of the second amendment rights, in the news media, politicians, and even those in the blue team from blue states piling on statements for the news, all demanding that we be stripped of our guaranteed rights.
Do we get any credit for all the lives saved and crime stopped by citizens defending themselves?... again crickets...
But you'll notice we and our lobbyists that we pay for, right away go out of our way to say what an evil person the criminal is and how that is wrong and they should be punished for their deeds.

Well, I don't want to take this thread in too much of a political direction, but I think it's fair to say that you've painted with a broad brush and made a lot of assumptions about everyone's intentions in the first couple of paragraphs of that last reply. A 20-second video clip never tells the whole story. I'm definitely not defending the officer at that scene, because I think he acted like a jackass. But, I'm also not going to immediately jump to the firefighter's defense, either. My overall set of life experiences with people suggests that this was VERY likely a case of two inflated egos arrogantly crashing into each other, to the determent of the citizens involved in the incident. Could I be wrong about that? Sure, I obviously wasn't there. But, I'll bet that this was almost certainly a bit of a "whose uniform is fancier, and whose dick is bigger" competition before it ended up with the officer applying handcuffs. Two wrongs don't make a right, and two morons can make either of these professions look terrible in the public's eye.

Thanks, I appreciate the insight, it was a very informative read.

In my area if we're on a scene (be it a car accident or structure fire), it's our scene until we turn it over to the police. For the most part, they stay very much out of the way, or offer to help as much as they can.

Someone needs to retake thier I.S. courses. I don't know about Cali. In my neck of the woods and just about every where else, on a injury crash scene the fireman have control over the scene until either the occupants have been transported via ambulance or helicopter,or the coroner gets there.

This isn't entirely true. In the northeast particularly the NJ/NY/CT area there are a slew of police departments that trains and equips their officers to perform all kinds of rescue work. A lot of agencies are fully capable of cutting patients out of a car, providing medical aid from the EMT all the way to the PA level and even transporting them to the hospital. At least around here the cops get a bit more involved with this sort of thing other than just directing traffic or writing a report.

As for "who's in charge"? Depends on your city/town's protocols. At some incidents like fires FD is in charge. At other incidents like water rescue PD is in charge. Some jobs call for a unified command. It varies from state to state, city to city. It's been my experience that at big jobs both cops and firemen usually work flawlessly as a cohesive team to achieve the common goal. It's at the routine, small jobs that shit like this arises.

The police are militarized...this is nothing more than some ego trip highlighting poor training and the continued erosion of confidence in Police across the board...we have moved soooo far away from serving the public...

I spoke with an a LEO I know in Cali but is not CHP. CHP hasn't made any statements so this will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
You know what cops and firefighters have in common!?!...
We both want to be firefighters!!! GFY

You know how many Krispy kreams you can fit on a patrol cars antenna!?!
23, ask me how I know....

I kid the cops, love you girls

It's okay we both know fireman have heros thier called cops lol
I love you weed beaters, I am gonna have to pull the doughnut trick on one of my buddies.

Slapchop said:
As for "who's in charge"? Depends on your city/town's protocols. At some incidents like fires FD is in charge. At other incidents like water rescue PD is in charge. Some jobs call for a unified command. It varies from state to state, city to city. It's been my experience that at big jobs both cops and firemen usually work flawlessly as a cohesive team to achieve the common goal. It's at the routine, small jobs that shit like this arises.

Agreed.

I can think of one incident in particular that comes to mind that I've had in the past couple of years where we really needed a coordinated effort between the police and fire departments for a really unusual situation. In this case we received a police-dispatched call from a person who walked into their house to find that a masked individual was in the home starting an arson fire. This person then ran into an out-of-view location within the home, with the fire still small. Our officers quickly made it to the location (and were ahead of the firefighters time wise), and started to move into the house after the suspect, only to notice that some sort of crude IED and some incendiary devices had been placed in the home. They also felt that some "strange" fumes were present at the location. Without getting into the gory details of the case, we ultimately had some officers cover the firefighters at the entryway, from which the small fire was addressed without getting into the areas where we were worried about bomb devices. We later sent in a team of officers with a bomb tech, along with a couple of firefighters that could analyze the fire/structural safety/air quality issues as we searched for the suspect and attempted to prevent the home from burning down. The scene was both a crime scene and a fire event, but our collective response to the incident was more concerned with figuring out how we could all safely survive the incident, while also saving the home and trying to catch the bad guy… no sense in wasting time with the "MY department is in charge here" bullshit.

You know why God created police? So firefighters could have heroes!

Do you guys use the "blue canary" term for us out that way? If not, I'll share that one with you here: basically, since we're ill-equipped for most haz-mat situations, we serve like the canary in the coal mine when we walk into those situations without any PPE, and end up unconscious if it's actually dangerous in there.

I think that this cop embarrassed himself, and he's going to get extreme grief from above for it. It may not play out publically though, as you'd expect that they want to work some damage control.

I'm near certain that an accident like this is the Fireman's show. They secure the site, and allow EMS to work the pts(when ems isn't fire based).

I have some experience with this, and I have never seen a cop be anything but helpful in these situations. They usually arrive first around here and get the ball rolling. They give a quick rundown to arriving ems and ask if there is something they can do to help. I think that this guy lost his sense cuffing the fireman. It may be that the fireman was less than respectful, but that isn't the time to win popularity contests, and I think that the cop should have known, that given this situation, he was going to lose (prediction).

In all seriousness we have had a guy get arrested on a MVA on the free way, and yes our fire fighter was "right" but none of us were surprised that he got stuffed in the back of a patrol car, you know the guy... loud, his way or the highway, just a jackass.

On the other hand we had a guy get hit on the freeway by a texting driver, so yes we use our rigs as a big ass shield and we don't move them till we are done.

As to the comments about having a ton of rigs at a incident you never know what you're gonna get and it's much easier to send rigs home once they are on scene than it is to get more coming when you realize you needed more firefighters 5 minutes ago. 9 times out of ten it's a lame ass wreck that everyone can go home on except for one aid car and an engine.

Like cops, if they have an active shooter call every mother fucker in 20 miles is gonna show up until proven otherwise, and it should be that way.

This particular incident was a dick measuring contest on the highway... Not the time or place, and if you're a firefighter and can't bullshit your way out of something you should be ashamed, cause I don't know any better bullshitters than firefighters