• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thought on fold stock adaptors on precision ar

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
I have a couple 16”-18” precision ars I have been thinking about putting a folding stock adapter like a law or other suggested brand.

Never played with folding adapters any issues I can expect?
do they effect accuracy?
recommend brand?

Law Tactical is the gold standard.

Downsides are weight and expense, they're about $250

Upside is, you can fold the stock which you'll actually do less in practice than in concept.

My rpr only fits in its soft side case with the stock folded. It gets folded before and after every match, and pretty much every time it leaves the house. But yeah, if you have room for an unfolded rifle, the folding feature is not very important.

Reactions: Blue72
I have a couple Law folders. Worth every penny...lock up is so solid.

Sylvan is the only other choice. $145 it is solid and does not rattle. 8oz The 3rd gen is out now and the stock does fold back parallel.

Length of pull will increase by 1 1/2” or so. Mine doesn’t lock up perfectly solidly, but it’s close. It’s also going to add some weight to the BCG. You’ll need a little more gas and recoil will increase a tiny bit.

Law Folder with Magpul Fixed Carbine stock on a Mega Upper/Lower with a 20” Proof SS .260 barrel.
LOP is really close to an A2.

564E7133-5686-43BF-B2F0-D5BC360147FF.jpeg

29173F22-6E88-4B7F-8042-0AC2EBF89E6E.jpeg

I have a couple Law folders. Worth every penny...lock up is so solid.
I agree, Law Folders are the most solid ones on the market currently. Mine has zero movement deployed.