• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts?: Miculek Magnetic Buffer System

I thought this was a review of the Miculek Magnetic Buffer System?

Unless I missed something, I have not read one post about someone actually using one.
Has no one ever tried one?
There's a large amount of people providing comments about it that have not even tried it.

Seems like a digital trigger scale could be attached to an AR rifle (back of handgrip, sling point, etc.) and then record recoil test data with a Miculek buffer and then with a standard H2 or H3 buffer to provide some actual recoil data.

Reactions: Holliday
while your laughing, do you have any h335 loads for 223?
my last test just would not group with 55g bullets.

Interesting concept, I'd bet the perceived recoil impulse is altered,.... but I would seriously wonder if that altered impulse couldn't be achieved differently.
I would think the smack of the tail end / buffer pad against the bottom of the buffer tube would be different ( ? )
To each their own.. but I wouldn't use it anything but a "fun gun".

I kept thinking about the TACCOM "PCC Adjustable Recoil System for AR15-9mm"... it uses a spring inside to achieve about the same perceived / altered impulse ( ? )
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...jpg

Any way I'd be interested in trying it ( something different ) .... but again only in a fun gun.

As for the guys in the video... well, .... just watch the video and decide for yourself. Lol

If it works so well... then ( respectfully ) Jerry will undoubtedly will be using it all the time... right ?

So we shall see if it is so great, that it stands the fun gun arena on its heels.

FWIW... TACCOM also makes a very LtWt AR15 5.56 version... 1.5oz ?!.... I bet that one alters the perceived recoil impulse as well.

I would also be interested in seeing how the Miculek Magnetic Buffer System, handles different "power" ammo... IE PMC Bronze .223 v. XM193 5.56... could it induce short stroking when tuned to 5.56, then require re-tuning when weak ammo is used ?

Or vice versa... tuned for a specific weak load, then get battered with fully power 5.56 ?

If it needs constant re-tuning, for different ammo's then the instructions should say that.

Anyway... Good Luck !

Last edited:
Wonder if a mantis x could see any difference in recoil from one...
Try it!

I never thought of using the mantis system to measure improvements in the rifle... damn now I need one even more.

You know I had just stopped spending money on this hobby after hoping off the forums for a bit besides ammo. 2 days back and this is what happens.

I kept thinking about the TACCOM "PCC Adjustable Recoil System for AR15-9mm"... it uses a spring inside to achieve about the same perceived / altered impulse ( ? )
Any way I'd be interested in trying it ( something different ) .... but again only in a fun gun.

As for the guys in the video... well, .... just watch the video and decide for yourself. Lol

If it works so well... then ( respectfully ) Jerry will undoubtedly will be using it all the time... right ?

So we shall see if it is so great, that it stands the fun gun arena on its heels.

FWIW... TACCOM also makes a very LtWt AR15 5.56 version... 1.5oz ?!.... I bet that one alters the perceived recoil impulse as well.
I've got the Taccom 3 stage buffer in a PCC. It's noticeably softer and flatter than a standard spring set up. Taccom has a magnetic buffer system also, but it works as a delayed blowback. It allows you to lower your bolt weight and still have enough locked breech time. This makes for a snappy but very quick recovering recoil impulse that seems to keep the dot a hair flatter.

The buffer system this thread is about is absolutely not setting the fun gun arena on its heels. Shooting rifles for speed is about all I do, and if this was the greatest thing since sliced bread it would've made waves in my corner of the world by now.

The Taccom ultra low mass buffer is actually a two piece buffer, one piece in each end of the buffer spring, so reciprocating mass is actually .7oz. I have 4 of them in use now, and it definitely feels better than even a gutted buffer.

Reactions: bfoosh006 and RTV
Try it!

I never thought of using the mantis system to measure improvements in the rifle... damn now I need one even more.

You know I had just stopped spending money on this hobby after hoping off the forums for a bit besides ammo. 2 days back and this is what happens.
Unless my memory is crap I believe it has a function just for this...

The buffer system this thread is about is absolutely not setting the fun gun arena on its heels. Shooting rifles for speed is about all I do, and if this was the greatest thing since sliced bread it would've made waves in my corner of the world by now.
Exactly.

I just got one of these thing and its junk used it for one range trip and got throw right j to the parts bid . Don’t waste your money . The jp silent cap spring work great this is not a replacement for anything that works . Despite what there advertisement says. Pure gimmick crap

I just got one of these thing and its junk used it for one range trip and got throw right j to the parts bid . Don’t waste your money . The jp silent cap spring work great this is not a replacement for anything that works . Despite what there advertisement says. Pure gimmick crap
Details. We need them.

Jp fanclub?

If the jp was working so well why did you change it out to begin with.

Don't fix what's not broken, right.

I think the principle is sound and the design is very simple. Two things keep me away.

My AR's run fine without any "non-Stoner" modifications. This includes the 308 and 6.5 Grendels. I'll hedge on that and say that I rebuilt my 308 and it now includes a J-P 308 Silent Captured Spring mod, but I've yet to get out and test it. That comes soon, probably in the coming week.

The other part is that I don't exactly like the idea of playing around with very strong magnets reciprocating within some inches of my Pacemaker/Defibrillator. It could end up being troublesome.

But that's what I have a Grandson for...; and nothing is going to happen unless the J-P Buffer mod fails.

Why the J-P? My shooting Buddy has a 308 that's identical except that my barrel is 20" and his barrel is 18" and had cycling issues up the wazoo until he added the J-P. Mine runs fine with the original setup, but I considered that it might be running on the ragged edge; so I'm trying the J-P.

Jerry M. has a vested interest in never having his aim wander. It slows things down; and Jerry ain't into slow. I don't need that. I'd like it, but if I can't have it; my world will continue to turn in its greased grooves. I suspect JM's a fan of recoil buffers in a lot of his guns.

Folks who have actually handled Neodymium Magnets already understand that forcing a pair of opposed Neodymium Magnets into contact requires a lot more strength than what most humans can muster. The inverse square rule of physics is at work here.

FWIW, I don't give a lot of damn about recoil on an AR15, but it does bother me if the recoil makes the aim wander. Recoil doesn't need to be a part of that equation until case capacities get significantly bigger.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuby642
Jp fanclub?

If the jp was working so well why did you change it out to begin with.

Don't fix what's not broken, right.

Sometimes people try things out to see if the grass is greener and find out it isn't.

JP SCS is excellent but I still read this thread.

Reactions: bfoosh006
Two pages and not a single mention of…View attachment 7700449

You guys are really slipping….

Sirhr

Yes there was lol

What I'm getting from all this is that no one is really hating on Jerry.

But everyone needs to make a living and with ammo prices the way they are this new buffer being "smooothhhhhh" might not be the only reason he's peddling it haha

That and the video looks like it hired the director from the shamwow commercials lol

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I do like some of jp’s stuff but I wouldnot say I’m a fanboy . No need to get butt hurt over my opinion ! There just mine opinions and I’m nobody . Why did I try it because I have several ar’s and like to try new things Plus it was half off so I figured why not . but I do think it’s junk . Look at the design It don’t even make sense it has a magnetic reciprocating mass that hang off the back and Whats that supposed to do . it would never lock back the bolt and felt worse then a plane Jain buffer . And the only Reason I brought up the jp is because they bash it as a replacement in they’re advertising

• Wow
Reactions: Snuby642