• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THOUGHTS ON A GROUP SHOOT AND SITE CLEANUP DAY?

slp

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Homosassa FL
I saw the post about cleaning up a shooting spot ( I Cleaned Up Your Mess Today, Slob! ) and it made me think:

"Self... why don't you see if there's a group here interested in picking a popular shooting spot, getting out there with a trailer or two and some rakes, cleaning up the spot, and maybe doing some shooting..."

So - anyone interested in getting together to do something like this?

If there is interest - chime in here and let us know:
1) If you can bring a truck / trailer
2) If you have a suggestion for a spot that needs cleanup
3) How far you are willing to travel to participate.

If there is enough interest, we can pick a date and place - preferably before it gets stupid hot. I'd think that we'd want to find a spot that has large bulk trash (appliances, tires, etc. stuff not easy to haul out if you aren't prepared for it).

I'll start: Yes - I'm interested. I have a truck and a flatbed trailer - and a couple of strong 20-something sons that I can probably bring along. I'm on the north side of the valley and usually shoot at one of a few spots N/E of Carefree Highway and I-17 - but I'm happy to go anywhere within a 20 -30 miles of "the valley." If there is a bunch of interest from guys in Queen Creek and the spot is up on the base of the superstitions - I'll get there. There are a couple of spots where I shoot that could use some cleanup - but the one that used to be really filthy (appliances, etc.) got cleaned up a while ago. I'll be out shooting this weekend and will do some scouting for nasty spots. If we do it - I'll pay the landfill fee.

Reactions: Vodak and ChidJ
Y’all come to central Texas and cut cedar and you can shoot all you want on my range :ROFLMAO:

If only I could get my friends to make that deal.

Reactions: camocorvette
I saw the post about cleaning up a shooting spot ( I Cleaned Up Your Mess Today, Slob! ) and it made me think:

"Self... why don't you see if there's a group here interested in picking a popular shooting spot, getting out there with a trailer or two and some rakes, cleaning up the spot, and maybe doing some shooting..."

If there is enough interest, we can pick a date and place - preferably before it gets stupid hot. I'd think that we'd want to find a spot that has large bulk trash (appliances, tires, etc. stuff not easy to haul out if you aren't prepared for it).

I'll start: Yes - I'm interested. I have a truck and a flatbed trailer - and a couple of strong 20-something sons that I can probably bring along. I'm on the north side of the valley and usually shoot at one of a few spots N/E of Carefree Highway and I-17 - but I'm happy to go anywhere within a 20 -30 miles of "the valley." If there is a bunch of interest from guys in Queen Creek and the spot is up on the base of the superstitions - I'll get there. There are a couple of spots where I shoot that could use some cleanup - but the one that used to be really filthy (appliances, etc.) got cleaned up a while ago. I'll be out shooting this weekend and will do some scouting for nasty spots. If we do it - I'll pay the landfill fee.
I remember the days of yore when you could drive out into the desert and shoot at all of the shit that was hauled out and dumped. Everything from burned out stolen vehicles to appliances to dead bodies. 107th Ave and Jomax area, also fun times off of the Table Mesa Rd exit from I-17.

It'd be nice if you could say which state are you in.

"The valley".......is that the Ohio River Valley or some other one?

There is a local place in colorado that has been cleaned up a couple times and it’s trashed within a couple weeks again. Very sad and a good way to loose our public access. People are freaking slobs.

There is a local place in colorado that has been cleaned up a couple times and it’s trashed within a couple weeks again. Very sad and a good way to loose our public access. People are freaking slobs.
Put a trail camera on it and find out who they are. Act accordingly.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Pawnee grasslands area off I think 90&49?

It’s a massive area with tons of people. Last cleanup took multiple 30 yard roll offs to clean up. No way to really monitor it.

No, I think it’s called Turkey tracks. North of woodland park