• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on a new rem 40x heavy barrel build

donniedee

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2011
dripping springs texas
I'm looking for advice as too what Harris bipod and mount to use?? Also what's a good fixed power scope to use without breaking the bank also what routeen maintenance do I need on it to keep it run in like a Swiss watch?

Re: Thoughts on a new rem 40x heavy barrel build

If you want to know about the 40x PM me ill send you my number. Ill help you all i can.

Re: Thoughts on a new rem 40x heavy barrel build

Scopes... where are you shooting and what are you shooting? What is the purpose of the build? I saw another thread with a $1K budget and that is awesome; but still need to know the other info. If it is strictly target then a fine crosshair target scope would be great... if a tactical trainer for another rifle then a Mil-Dot is probably in order.

Mine is a trainer for a tactical centerfire which wears a Nightforce. I went with a Super Sniper 16X at $300 and couldn't be happier... but it does/can present an issue if you decide to shoot live targets.