• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on buying a 20 year old ATPIAL

WilliePete-

2 Pump Chump
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2007
Signal Mtn,TN-- OR therebouts
A guy wants to sell me the full powered ATPIAL for a good price manufactures date is October 2000, he says it works fine but he doesn't have any nightvision to see the IR side of it and he says he has no use for it.

Its old and I am wondering if it would be worth it to pay the price he is asking 400 but is interested in in a glock of mine he is local and i have sold to him before.
7A8FA802-2F9D-4635-9346-E8FC311E7417.jpeg

20200524_163446(1).jpg
20200524_163509(1).jpg
60476C10-A555-4727-9C4E-AF2EC22F206A.jpeg

Attachments

• 20200524_163509.jpg
    20200524_163509.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 15
So it seems you don't have night vision either or you would be able to test it. My guess is you want it because it's still badass, but it's also a lot of coin for a laser. If you had night vision that's one thing, but for the cool factor alone, I would pass.

The "Effective date" on that label isn't the manufacturing date. Pretty sure they weren't actually produced until several years after that - the NSN was established in 2005.

If it works, $400 is a screaming deal. If you don't have NV, though, it's going to be of limited use to you.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
So it seems you don't have night vision either or you would be able to test it. My guess is you want it because it's still badass, but it's also a lot of coin for a laser. If you had night vision that's one thing, but for the cool factor alone, I would pass.

Should had mentioned that currently no I do not have any nods, I just sold my older ITT 14 and bought a TNVC L3wp 14 I am currently 3/8 weeks into lead time, he send me pics of the vis laser on low it seemed to work just fine.

Reactions: Eliteuas
Probably worth a gamble at that price. They're extremely rugged and typically go for $1,500 +/- . I have one with an 09 date of manufacture that works great. If the vis laser is functioning then the unit is probably good to go.

A lot of cell phone cameras will pick up ir light, so could try looking at it with one to see if the laser is working, but to be honest I'd just buy it. Could always flip it to a cloner who just wants it for the look.

Good luck, let us know how it works out!

- Will

Buy it. Price is great. I agree with trying cell phone camera, should be able to pick it up. Also, a lot of these cheap security cameras, like Wyse, will see in infared.