• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thoughts on Scope for Barrett M99

Task Unit Bruiser

Stand By To: Get Some
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I am new to the forums, and have previously read different topics. I will be contacting Cameraland and will be purchasing a scope for a Barrett M99 this week. The two optics that I have kinda narrowed it down to are the Steiner P4Xi and the Optica 6. My questions are, 1) will both hold up and 2) which do you think has better glass, and overall better build quality? Thanks.

I'de open up your list and consider a vortex razzor. Or Just save a little longet and get a Bender.

Of course most of the time when Barrett bundles glass they sell a Leopold and those are OK for many owners.

Between the 2 scopes you listed, I’d lean towards the Steiner, but I haven’t read any reports of either one on a .50.

I have read many reports over the years of of SWFA scopes on .50’s with pretty great results.

As far as rock solid build quality, mil-grade type options, the ones that immediately stand out to me are the SWFA scopes, Bushnell DMR/lrts, Nightforce NXS, Razor gen II, and possibly some Steiner offerings (and of course S&B and USO, but thats real money).

Meopta makes great scopes but optika6 is pretty new still, I’m hoping they end up with a great track record since they are priced so well.

All of those are great scopes, so warranty and service might be as important (on a .50) as the various small details and differences between them.

One other maybe worth mentioning in that vein is the Weaver 3-15x50, though not sure where they’re currently at as a company.

Last edited: