• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Thoughts on Shilen Triggers

Re: Thoughts on Shilen Triggers

I have them in all but my br gun.

Good news...my gunsmith suggested this trigger for my custom field rifle. Thanks for your input..it helps.

just finished installing one about 5 minutes ago. I wont get to shoot it until this weekend but with snap caps i thought it felt really good. I think i prefer it over my timneys

Just putting a parts list together now. I was going with a timney & he suggested a shilen. Sounds like I'm going with the shilen. Thanks again everyone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshotkyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you'll love it. how long did install take you.</div></div>

i didnt really have anything to go on so i was just trying to figure things out myself. also i had to switch the safety and bolt release over from the old trigger. all in all it took about an hour but i think if i did it again i could cut that time in half now that im passed the learning curve.

I recently got my first one which is on my Kampfeld Customs built .243Win. Karl did have to clean up the trigger a bit, but it sure works great IMHO.

If you can, try out the two for finger feel. The Timney shoe is a bit too curved for me but others prefer it.

I really like my Shilen trigger. When I first got it, I thought I might have wished I got the Timney for the wider trigger shoe. It didn't take long for me to be very pleased with the trigger and glad I didn't go with the Timney, nothing against Timney. I'm just really happy with my Shilen. It came from the factory lower than what they say the adjustable weight is, it is at 1.25 #'s. It's been tested by myself and my gunsmith for slamfires, or any other problems, and it's been 100% reliable. This rifle gets put through the dirt, hunting, and the field, zero problems whatsoever. From the factory, it had just the smallest amount of creep. At 1.25 #'s, people thought I was crazy that I could feel it, but it was there. It's been adjusted out without any issue, and it feels perfect. I recommend them to anybody that's interested or asks about an aftermarket trigger.

I use them and love them. Thin trigger shoe feels great. No need for AICS modifications like with a Jewel or Timney. And they can come without a safety already attached. So you can either leave it off, or put one on. I dont use a safety and sealed the safety through hole on my stock. With a side bolt release, the trigger is bare,.. just a trigger with all openings on the stock closed up to keep dust and water out. Just a thin slit for the thin trigger shoe.

I like it a lot.

If you do have a problem with one, Shilen has great customer service.