• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Thoughts On Steiner 5-25x56?

EasternNChunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2012
Eastern NC
I am getting a Steiner 5-25x56 G2 Mildot from a fellow Hide member and wanting to hear others thoughts on them now that they have been out for a year or so. All of the reviews I have found have been really good but they are all from 2012.

I just ordered one today, I've read what I could and have always been impressed with Steiner products. I feel it is going to be a nice scope, but who the hell knows till you actually get it in hand. Hope to have mine by Friday and I will update you.

I just kicked up one as well with the MSR. I had a NF on my rifle before. Im very pleased with the turrets, reticle, lit reticle adjustments, and the optics quality. I have yet to take it to the range but so far its a sick piece of equipment. I wanted to go FFP and a mil reticle. I joined a range with steel so I felt that was the way to go.

I have a steiner 3-16 on my FN rifle. I have been pretty impressed with this scope. High quality German made product.

You will enjoy the 5-25. I have one and i cant come up with any complaints. It's a great scope that is packed with useable features.

I have been using one for the past few months and really like it. The Steiner tracked spot on, image was very good, and over all feel felt great. I just gave it to a shooting buddy of mine and we will see what he thinks.

179150_540614955981022_699632873_n.jpg

Mike @ CST
www.cstactical.com

I just got mine in today and mounted up, wow what a nice scope. I have zero regrets making this purchase and the msr reticle is a lot less distracting than I originally anticipated. Very happy hope to shoot it tomorrow.

For you guys that have this scope, when setting your zero how far does the elevation turret lift? The instructions have me afraid of accidentally removing it. I turned the two set screws 1/2 turn as instructed and could not lift it, I tried another half turn and got some movement but not sure how high you actually lift the turret? Thanks in advance

For you guys that have this scope, when setting your zero how far does the elevation turret lift? The instructions have me afraid of accidentally removing it. I turned the two set screws 1/2 turn as instructed and could not lift it, I tried another half turn and got some movement but not sure how high you actually lift the turret? Thanks in advance

The included directions are not entirely correct.... you do not need to lift the turret at all (definitely do not remove it). Loosen the two set screws (which are in the front - take note other manufacturers!) and spin the turret back to zero (you shouldn't hear or feel any 'clicks'), tighten the set screws and call it a day. The zero stop is a mechanical stop and will always be a couple of clicks under zero.

(The 4-16 is a little different - the turret has a pin that sets into the base at '0', so you do have to lift it to set the pin and there are no clicks under zero when set.)

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions. RJ

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I called them today and got it set. Man those directions are not even close! Ohwell besides that I absolutely love the scope, just can't figure why they make setting the zero stop sound so technical when it couldn't be easier.
That's the most coin I dropped on a scope with no regrets.

You will be very happy, I had a 5-25 S&B and I prefer the Steiner more already and I just go it. The knobs , clicks etc I like better and glass in my eyes every bit as good with a lifetime warranty not a 3k+ scope with a 2 yr warranty like a s&b now.

I have been using one for the past few months and really like it. The Steiner tracked spot on, image was very good, and over all feel felt great. I just gave it to a shooting buddy of mine and we will see what he thinks.

179150_540614955981022_699632873_n.jpg

Mike @ CST
www.cstactical.com

How does it stack up against the Kahles K624i Mike? Is one more forgiving or flexible than the other, or is it splitting hairs between the two?