• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on the Tikka trigger?

I briefly owned a Tikka and after swapping in a new spring the already good trigger became, briefly, one of the best triggers in any rifle I owned. Leaps better than the Timney I had in my M70 (and I won’t discuss the abomination that was the M70 factory trigger). I happen to prefer two stage triggers, but must give the Tikka factory unit its due.

I too prefer 2 stage triggers which is why I went with the Tac A1. With the trigger spring replacement, it's a dream!

I have a custom built Tikka in 6.5 Creedmoor that started life as a TAC-A1, but I ended up overhauling it over the years to be a full PRS competition setup. I swapped out the factory trigger for the Timney T3 2-stage trigger and it's excellent. I heard the KRG Midas trigger is also very good, but I don't think you can go wrong with either. The Midas does have some fitment issues so I don't think it works in a TAC-A1 chassis, but any other stock/chassis should work fine.

IMO the factory triggers on Tikka rifles are really good, in fact they're better than most factory rifles especially with the trigger spring upgrade. That said, the Timney and KRG are both better in feel, adjustability, and offer lower weights than the factory trigger. I've had a great experience with the Timney and have managed to bring home steel from matches. Don't think you can really go wrong with any of the options discussed, just depends what you want.