• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thoughts on the Vortex Razor 1-6x HD?

dlouie87

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2010
CA
I have been looking at one of these for a while. It's going to go on my 18'' semi but I dont know if it'll be an over kill for just target shooting and knocking down steel. It's little brother, the 1-4x PST, is $800 cheaper.

If any one has had a chance to play with this scope and compared it to a 1-4x PST, please feel free to share your opinions.

Thanks.

Both are really nice. If I was shooting three gun ten times a year I might get the 1-6. But I don't and I love the PST 1-4. It's just not worth the extra 800 to me.

I have the PST 1-4 and love it...but I find myself looking to buy the Razor for my 16" .308. Will follow where this thread goes.

The Razor 1-6 is a great scope for 3 gun. I had one and sold it because I did not shoot 3 gun. I shoot targets and steel mostly with my 18" and I am saving up money for something 2.5-10 range with a reticle that is more user friendly.

As mentioned it's a great 3 gun scope. The power range is very good as 6x allows you to see targets a good distance out and at 1x you have a huge field of view. I really like the reticle as it works great with .223 rounds and the red dot isn't overly large but big enough to catch the eye and get it on target. I have it on my Seekins SP3G now. One thing though is that the eye relief is very generous so plan on getting a mount with atleast 2" offset. I have a Warne RAMP on the way but here it is in the Larue LT111.

DSCN1918_zps8f1ecef9.jpg

DSCN1917_zpsa0112aac.jpg

I looked at the vortex quite a bit when looking for a scope for my16" precision ar. I ended up with the Leupold mk6 just because it had a few tactical features I wanted. The scope is awesome and would be right at home on the rifle.

This scope with the extra 2x over the 1-4 actually gives you a surprising amount of additional capability. Your not going to miss any shots if you don't have the extra 2x but it sure is nice.

If the features meet your needs go for it. I am always happier when I buy what I want once then enjoy using the crap out it rather than compromising and upgrading in the future.

Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I talked to you on BE about the 2'' offset mount. Have you decided on which one?

Also, Thanks for your responses guys. I guess I can just get the 1-6x and test it out... if I dont like it. I'm sure the resale value won't depreciate too much.

Yeah I am getting a Warne RAMP. Has about 2" of offset and should work well.