• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts On Tikka T3X Tac A1 16 Inch Barrel In 308

At The Cross

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2020
Hi everyone-

I am looking more closely at the tikka t3x. I shot it the other day in 6.5 creedmoor. I liked it. But now I am seeing that tikka offers their t3x tac a1 in a 16 inch barrel in 308 win. I would plan to add a muzzle break, likely from american precision. I have a Remington 700 in 270 win. that kicks quite a bit and isn't a lot of fun to shoot. Any thoughts on the felt recoil of a braked 308 in comparison to an unbraked 270 and any thoughts on this particular gun would be appreciated. Only planning to shoot out to 500 yards. Mainly for target shooting

Thanks

I'm considering the 16" as well, but mainly just for a manageable suppressor host for my pending nomad L.

A braked 16" 308 without a suppressor makes me feel similar to Muay Thai training- like a tiny TBI with each trigger squeez even with muffs and plugs.

JMHO, I'm not expert- I don't even play one online ;)

My main question is would I be better off just buying a CTR and having it cut down?