• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Thoughts on vortex diamondback tactical?

Mr. Z

A compact of mutual rude nature.
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Wisconsin
    It’s FFP, ebr-2c reticle, parallax to 10 yards, 19 mil adj, 30mm tube. Friend in the know says very comparable to the gen 2 pst without illumination. I’ve got a line on a GREAT deal for a 6-24. My max range is 600y for the rifle it would go on. Keeps same reticle as my gen 2 razor. I’m not looking to beat it up. Talk me out of putting one on a 5.56 gas gun.

I just put a 4-16 FFP Diamondback on my CZ452. I’ve only had it out twice so far. So far so good. Reticle is great and the glass and tracking ok. I haven’t tested tracking but for my use on a 22lr it seems ok.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the lack of any kind revolution indicator on the elevation turret. It doesn’t have the lines to indicate your up a full turn. If it had 10 mils per rev it wouldn’t be a big deal. For the price this is a nitpick for sure.

Reactions: Mr. Z
    I ordered my Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50. Should be here soon. I'll upload some videos for you guys when it arrives.

Reactions: Jknox1030
    I ordered my Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50. Should be here soon. I'll upload some videos for you guys when it arrives.

Pops got his yesterday.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
      imagejpeg_0.jpg
      151.7 KB · Views: 274
    Reactions: Jknox1030 and Rowan
    I almost bought one last Sat. at the Richmond Gun Show.

When I tried to set the elevation turret to "Zero", it fell a half-click to off the "0" mark. That stopped me from putting down the cash.

To those with them - how does yours look?

Bob S.

I had one of the original diamondbacks for a few weeks. Had a real bad case of wandering zero. Kept swapping it out on the same rifle and rings and it just wouldn't hold zero. I'm sure Vortex would have fixed it, but I ran into a guy who wanted it and he bought it knowing about the issue and vortex CS, so I was happy to not have to deal with it anymore.

I didn't think the glass was particularly good, even for the price range. I like my Bushnell AR223 3-9x40 a lot more, and it cost about half as much.

I compared one to a PST Gen 2 at the local shop when looking for an optic for a 22 trainer

I thought the glass was OK for the price range, when you consider the optic is FFP, EBR2 reticle, etc.

I wasn't crazy about the feel of the turrets, but for the $ it's hard to complain. Ended up going with a PST Gen 2, it has noticeably better glass

I just picked one up (6-24x50) FFP, ebr2c to put on a Ruger precision rimfire. Glass seems okay, turrets are meh. They don't have a nice solid click like the PST or the razor (obv). $399 for a FFP scope though. I'm going to take it out tomorrow.

I looked through the glass of one so far glass is ok tracking is there nice a open for the price

How would you guys rate it compared to the SWFA 3-15x42? I’m in the market for a 3-15 or 4-16 for an AR SPR rifle, and this Diamondback might fit the bill. Or maybe put it on the CZ455 and the SWFA on the SPR...

There is no zero stop and no revolution indicator. This makes it hard if you are adjusting often. I often find myself dialing in to a BC app value and then tweaking. It is easy to get lost and have a had time getting back to zero. Outside of that this looks like a good deal. I ended up getting an opened box Athlon Ares BTR for a few hundred more.

I picked up a 6-24 for less than $400. It is an acceptable option with decent glass, FFP, middle of the road turrets, and a matching reticle to my razor. I think ill probably end up putting it on a 22 or 17hmr but at the moment I’ve got it mounted on a 223 ar. Only had it out a couple times for about 75 rounds total, so far I am pleasantly surprised how little I miss what it doesn’t have.

Reactions: adam500