• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THOUSANDS of Machine Guns DESTROYED

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I hate to start the day off with depressing news but for anyone that has FA weapons that you want to pass on here is some information. Most of you probably already know this but the video might benefit friends or relatives that might need this information.

I have my suppressors ready to pass on with the Form 5s mentioned in the video.

• Sad
    Reactions: kthomas
    Went thru that with my kids. They did not want them, and at the time my cancer was still a thing. Grand kids were not alive, so I sold them all. The one that killed me the most was an uncut Winchester M14e2 w/a a S/N not far off the one my logon is based on. The second was a U/Cut H&R M14. The S/Lowell M60 I got rid of in the mid 80's was fun to a point. The first one I did on a F-1 was an XM177e2 clone to what I carried after the 14's. Hated to part with them, but I was not going to allow them to be cutup or used to assist tyrants, which I pray the present owners will not allow either.

Went thru that with my kids. They did not want them, and at the time my cancer was still a thing. Grand kids were not alive, so I sold them all. The one that killed me the most was an uncut Winchester M14e2 w/a a S/N not far off the one my logon is based on. The second was a U/Cut H&R M14. The S/Lowell M60 I got rid of in the mid 80's was fun to a point. The first one I did on a F-1 was an XM177e2 clone to what I carried after the 14's. Hated to part with them, but I was not going to allow them to be cutup or used to assist tyrants, which I pray the present owners will not allow either.

my only kid (son) doesnt want to get involved with the nfa either.

guess my cans and sbr’s will just get thrown out with the trash.

I have friends that treat me better than relatives. So guess who the guns and suppressors are going to?

Now this makes me think; why are they my friends in the first place? Do they just want all my stuff when I'm gone?:(

it was my understanding that offspring get a free tax stamp right? does that extend to newphews or cousins?

I have friends that treat me better than relatives. So guess who the guns and suppressors are going to?

Now this makes me think; why are they my friends in the first place? Do they just want all my stuff when I'm gone?:(
    Unless they are direct blood or you have made deep, deep prior arrangements they are SOL.

it was my understanding that offspring get a free tax stamp right? does that extend to newphews or cousins?
    That is correct. They have to fill out a From 5

Here is information provided by the ATF on estate firearms and ATF items. Start at the bottom of page 61.

Unless they are direct blood or you have made deep, deep prior arrangements they are SOL.

All of my possessions go to my beneficiaries. My relatives are not on that list, including children. None of my blood relatives get anything after I am gone.

It's in my will and I sent pre-prepared From 5s with all the information on them. I have instructed my friend not to lose them.

He will have to get the fingerprints and photo as usual but I told him that he better not complain. After all, he's getting free guns & cans and won't have to pay for a tax stamp.

Wrong, see above.

When did it change?

I don't know. I started preparing the Form-5s a few years ago and researched it then. I didn't know that there was ever a rule saying beneficiaries had to pay for the tax stamp.

You bring up a good point that I don't know enough about. If the NFA item is a valuable collectable, will the beneficiary have to pay an estate tax on it? I've never been fortunate enough for rich relatives to die and leave me with a fortune.

I don't know. I started preparing the Form-5s a few years ago and researched it then. I didn't know that there was ever a rule saying beneficiaries had to pay for the tax stamp.

You bring up a good point that I don't know enough about. If the NFA item is a valuable collectable, will the beneficiary have to pay an estate tax on it? I've never been fortunate enough for rich relatives to die and leave me with a fortune.
    Thought a tax free form 5 was to direct immediate only? Yes estate taxes would apply, now the question is who sets the value? This was the reason my kids said no.

In the end, we're all just loot drops.

Reactions: Longshot231
    These stories are so heartbreaking. M16s turned to scrapmetal to be fashioned into Prius's. AK47s cut apart and melted into tiny tables at hipster coffee shops. Titanium cans melted into free knee replacements for elderly undocmented citizens. The list goes on...

These tales of abandonment and hardship inspired me to found my latest philanthropic foundation: Timmy's Home for Wayward Arms. Our Home provides 24/7 care for all of your forlorn Machineguns, Suppressors, and even "Destructive Devices" though we only use the politically correct term "Internally Energized Boommachines". At Timmy's Home, your Arms will be raised in an environment of climate-controlled love and attention for decades to come.

Contact us today to learn more about rehoming your metal friends. Don't wait until its too late.

One thing every one of these acts violates is the Constitutional mandate to PROVIDE for the common defense, as well as not infringe on the RKBA.

Every time the government destroys arms in the US, particularly ones of military usefulness, they violate one of the only enumerated powers mentioned in our foundational documents.

It’s one of the most overlooked aspects of the Constitution. Destructions of useful/serviceable arms is the exact opposite of their mandate.

The estate tax exemption is $13.61 million for 2024, so that would have to be one very valuable collection for this to be a concern. But, yes, there would be an estate tax on any value over the exemption amount.

Cans and SBRs are being made new and sold every day. No new machine guns were allowed to be registered as transferable after May of 1986.

Destruction of machine guns is in a different category of tragedy

That is correct. They have to fill out a From 5

Here is information provided by the ATF on estate firearms and ATF items. Start at the bottom of page 61.

All of my possessions go to my beneficiaries. My relatives are not on that list, including children. None of my blood relatives get anything after I am gone.

It's in my will and I sent pre-prepared From 5s with all the information on them. I have instructed my friend not to lose them.

He will have to get the fingerprints and photo as usual but I told him that he better not complain. After all, he's getting free guns & cans and won't have to pay for a tax stamp.

Wrong, see above.
    Excellent and informative post, thank you.

The only question that I haven't asked the ATF or had a chance to research is a beneficiary that lives in another state.

It's not a priority for me because my beneficiaries live in the same state. I'd like to find out if I can transfer, via Form 5, to a beneficiary in another state.

If it went through a SOT then there's the problem with a tax stamp, cause everything that goes through their fingers would be subject to the tax stamp. Correct? Maybe a SOT could answer.

Then there's the problem with an executor mailing the can to the beneficiary once the Form 5 is approved. Or could the beneficiary travel to my state and pick it up from an executor?

The only question that I haven't asked the ATF or had a chance to research is a beneficiary that lives in another state.

It's not a priority for me because my beneficiaries live in the same state. I'd like to find out if I can transfer, via Form 5, to a beneficiary in another state.

If it went through a SOT then there's the problem with a tax stamp, cause everything that goes through their fingers would be subject to the tax stamp. Correct? Maybe a SOT could answer.

Then there's the problem with an executor mailing the can to the beneficiary once the Form 5 is approved. Or could the beneficiary travel to my state and pick it up from an executor?
    I hate the idea of seeking clarification from the BATFE, but this situation might be one where they can be of actual assistance in explaining what the current (unconstitutional and subject to change) laws (rules, actually) are for dealing with NFA items after you pass.

I'd always heard they can be transferred, tax free via a Form 5, to "relatives" after you pass, but who all is captured in that term, and what the process is if they're out of state, I have no idea.