• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thread adapter for SF Socom - best practices

Andy T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Northeast
My Desert Tech SRS A1 .308 barrel has 3/4-24 threads. In order to use SF SOCOM GEN 2 supressor, I will need to mount Warcomp or SF3P. Since they have 5/8-24 pitch, I plan to use an adapter.
Are there any recommendations in terms of how to install the thread adapter? Do I need to use a crush washer between barrel's shoulder and the adapter?
My current plan is to go with blue loctite between barrel > thread adapter and also use blue loctite between thread adapter and Warcomp. Any other caveats?

I would not do it. Easiest way is get a SF 3/4-24 flash adapter. We carry them, but they sell out out. DM me. Other option is get a really good barrel smith to rethread to 5/8-24

Reactions: M77
Thanks for the heads up about different thread pitch SF muzzle devices. I called SF and they still had some SFMB-762-SR25 in stock, while the SF3P was discontinued. I picked one up and also got a thread pitch adapter just in case.

Thanks for the heads up about different thread pitch SF muzzle devices. I called SF and they still had some SFMB-762-SR25 in stock, while the SF3P was discontinued. I picked one up and also got a thread pitch adapter just in case.

Yes, that is the information I got from Surefire this morning. I did not know they discontinued the SR25 version. They did mention that the .338 brake is offered in 3/4-24.

I would measure the barrel, and have the barrel rethreaded, before doing any adapters for thread pitch. We get 7.62 adapters on 13.5" barrels and hit 16".

Reactions: Gentleman4561