• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thread Diameter for Remington and Ruger

Longguns

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Chattanooga,TN
Can anyone tell me what the thread diameter for the screws on the rings for remington and ruger are. My ruger is the 77V/T and has the flat head screws. I want to change them to the allen head or star head. My remington rings are burris and the others are leupold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope this is where this post goes if not would someone move ot to correct location. Thanks

Re: Thread Diameter for Remington and Ruger

Ruger uses 6-40x1/4"
Leupold single screw rings use 8-40x3/8"
Burris uses 6-40x3/8"

My data is circa 1998. You usually can get replacement screws directly from the scope ring makers no charge. Just call them. Leupold always sent me free stuff, just ask, Burris as well. Ruger is a little tougher, they usually charge, but the fee's are small.

Bob

Re: Thread Diameter for Remington and Ruger

Bob,
Thanks for the info. I boogered the head up on the ruger flat head screw and want to replace all of them. I want back ups for the others in case I ever mess them up. Never know with my luck or stupidity. Thanks Again