• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Threaded barrel for a Buckmark...which choice

Strickland

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2003
Mansfield, Texas
I'm looking for suggestions on whether to purchase a TacSol threaded barrel for my Buckmark or have a gunsmith thread the barrel.

Pro's and con's of one versus the other.

One pro of the Tacsol would be that I could sell the factory barrel and recoup some of the costs (if there is even a market for Buckmark factory barrels)

Thanks

Re: Threaded barrel for a Buckmark...which choice

I cant comment on too many pro's and cons but I had the same issue and bought the TacSol. I really like the barrel. The thread protector fits nice when not using the can. I would do the same thing again.

There may not be a big market for the stock barrel but if you keep the pistol, you will really enjoy the TacSol barrel and it will be worth it. If you sell the pistol, there is definitely a market for you to get a lot of your money back on the TacSol.

Send it to Adco. I just had the barrel for my Ruger Mk II threaded by them. Great job, they will also do a thread protector, and move your front sight if needed. I think turn around was about a week. Very happy with their service and their work. I have a Tactical Solutions Cascade waiting at my dealers, but havent has the time to go get it.

CascadeMCL.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

Browning has a model already threaded. It is called the Buck Mark Camper Whisper model.

It is sold through Lipsey's firearms in Batom Rouge, La. Their number is 1-800-666-1333.

tacsol is top of the line . i love my 4" . their barrels are much lighter so be prepared if your not going to use it with a can all the time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Browning has a model already threaded. It is called the Buck Mark Camper Whisper model.

It is sold through Lipsey's firearms in Batom Rouge, La. Their number is 1-800-666-1333. </div></div>

I just picked one of these up a few weeks back to host my SWR spectre. I put about 100 rounds through it with the can and only had one FTE using subsonic ammo. I was pretty impressed.

Today i picked up my SRT Arms integral Ruger mk3. I'm interested to see which one is the quietest.

If you ever get to Houston, there are a few good smiths that could thread the existing barrel.

Just another option.

+3 get a 4" tacsol. I have one on my buckmark and love it. way lighter than stock, its really offsets the weight of the suppressor.

CJG

I have two tacsol barrel's. Both shoot awsome and realy lighten up the guns. JAA

+4 on the Tacsol. Really shoots well too with or without the suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin_Deaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Browning has a model already threaded. It is called the Buck Mark Camper Whisper model.

It is sold through Lipsey's firearms in Batom Rouge, La. Their number is 1-800-666-1333. </div></div>

I just picked one of these up a few weeks back to host my SWR spectre. I put about 100 rounds through it with the can and only had one FTE using subsonic ammo. I was pretty impressed.

Today i picked up my SRT Arms integral Ruger mk3. I'm interested to see which one is the quietest. </div></div>

Please advise how the Ruger MKIII compares.