• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Three Round Holder, feedback requested.

Precision Underground

Rifle Gear
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • A bunch of guys have asked us to make them a 2 round holder. We finally put together a tweaked design and posted on IG. 3 out of 250 people got bent out of shape saying it was a ripoff. I didn’t agree as there is more than one company that makes these and the design (while it looks the same)is pretty different in the way it functions. Of course the overall idea is not ours, neither is the idea for a bag or suppressor cover, but the device itself is mechanically different than whats out there, just like our bags and covers. Either way we don’t want to be seen as ripping anything off so we started messing around with the design to highlight what’s different about ours. The way it’s designed this is the next logical step.
    8589D512-4BC0-4C71-B58B-CD1E2AE18AFC.jpeg

37D59478-BD41-4206-905E-4A13BB32F921.jpeg

FFAC30ED-073A-455E-8B6C-124505155288.jpeg

(Not sure why the pics rotated?)

It’s a little bigger but the footprint is still the same as a 2 rounder. It highlights the difference in design because this wouln’t be possible if it was made the way the 2 rounders I’ve seen are made. What do we think? Is it a ripoff? Would you run one? I trust guys here a lot more than on social media as someone ALWAYS has to be bitching about something on social media. If the consensus is ripoff we will scrap it. This is more of a promotional item rather than something we think will boost the bottom line. So if people see it as a ripoff it’s doing the opposite of what it’s supposed to do.

I think it would work find and I would possibly see a need for it . I like running shorter mags and have ran into a 12 round stage where I actually had to use y +2 holder and needed one more due to a malfunction.
    Only issue I see is it would possibly ripping off due to it making the footprint of the rifle wider but you don't see that at a match to much. I like it

We appreciate the feedback guys. This is exactly what I was thinking. Just wanted to confirm that your thoughts lined up with ours and this wouldn’t be seen as a ripoff because that’s not how we roll at all. I had two individuals and one company come on social media and lecture us about “community” and how we were doing them wrong. Funny/ironic that the only mention of community out of 250 reactions was 3 people using it to try to tear us down in a public forum. I think some of these companies have it backwards when they pat themselves on the back for “supporting the PR community”. The way I see it you guys supports us, not the other way around. Sure we send stuff to prize tables but that’s called a promotion. That’s not some selfless act to make PR great again.

If someone can come up with a name for it and we’ll send you one. Someone on IG said Trident which i like the best so far. Something like that or a generic “3 rounder” or the like. Thanks guys 👊🏻

Reactions: Will65284
    2 rounder is a knock on sap. 3 well you literally and figuratively 1 up them. I like the idea of a 3 rounder. I know I’ve fumbled a reload from a quiver many times.

A lot of women are out there selling pussy.

Don't hear them being called copy cats.

Maybe you need to toughen up some?
    Ehhh. Not about being tough. It’s about public perception. I can be tough all I want but if the community sees us as ripping stuff off that’s not who we are or the image we want. Sounds like our thinking is in line with the hive though.

Looks like rip off. Don't care if your the second one to steal a good idea. Stick with SAP.

Some people will like it, and some will think its a knock off or stolen design. If its a new design that you think will fill a need in the market then run with it.

It looks real sharp, you should sell it at the same price as the two rounders if you want to piss them off hhaha is it for sale now?
    Thank you sir! We’ll prob put a preorder up on the site soon. We’ll need to order a stack of materials to be able to make a bunch of them.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    You guys are hypocrites.

When anything Atlas gets ripped off, people come out of the woodwork around here, dust off their soapboxes and scream Rip-Off! Wheres the outrage now? Does something need to be from china to be a rip-off? SAP has been around a long time and making this sweet little product for over 10 years. They have been part of this community, supporting and participating for longer than most of you knew this sport existed. Now you will sell them down the river for 1 extra round that won't save your match or hep you in any way.

@Precision Underground you know this is a rip-off. You said it in your 1st post and you know it in your heart. Come up with your own ideas. Let this go.

For the record, I am not affiliated with SAP. I have bought stuff from them and will continue to do so. I see their gear on prize tables, I see their gear in the field and I see them at matches. I choose to support the little guys (pun kinda intended).

Reactions: Renomd
    This is America if you want to build a product better than you think its being made on the market , you are free to do so.... This is why they have patents, if you invent something and dont want anyone else to make it, then you better get a patent..simple as that. This is basic capitalism, competition makes better product for the consumer

Please enlighten us all on capitalism, none of us were aware of this concept...
    Maybe your name should read Economistwannabe

You guys are hypocrites.

When anything Atlas gets ripped off, people come out of the woodwork around here, dust off their soapboxes and scream Rip-Off! Wheres the outrage now? Does something need to be from china to be a rip-off? SAP has been around a long time and making this sweet little product for over 10 years. They have been part of this community, supporting and participating for longer than most of you knew this sport existed. Now you will sell them down the river for 1 extra round that won't save your match or hep you in any way.

@Precision Underground you know this is a rip-off. You said it in your 1st post and you know it in your heart. Come up with your own ideas. Let this go.

For the record, I am not affiliated with SAP. I have bought stuff from them and will continue to do so. I see their gear on prize tables, I see their gear in the field and I see them at matches. I choose to support the little guys (pun kinda intended).

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but I have some thoughts on your post. If it held two rounds, I don't think, being made of the same material that there would be a leg to stand on here. It would definitely be a rip off. But it is definitely different. If it's improved, (assuming that having a third round in there, that it still works well) then it's not the same. Then there's the issue that arises if the 3 round holders aren't made now and there's a market for them. Who's going to make them? Is SAP going to make them, when 3 rounds clearly wasn't their idea? Is this guy going to make them, and risk people being butt hurt that he's making something that is similar to the SAP? Did anyone get butt hurt about the Hoptics two round holder?

The logical fallacy that you brought up about Atlas is a little far fetched. There's a huge difference between a Chinese company stealing IP and actually manufacturing replica bipods with inferior materials and stamping B&Ts name on them and then selling them on the largest U.S retail website out there and what we're looking at here. We aren't talking about anything even close to that here. If this guy was making them out of paper towels, putting SAPs name on them and selling them for 20% of the real version, then that might be a fair comparison.

But like I said, everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I just hate seeing logical fallacies used to change peoples minds; whether it's here or more commonly on one of the liberal media outlets. The most effective way to get your view point heard would be to continue to vote with your wallet. If you don't like it, don't buy one!

I say go into production with it. If you don’t. This thread has probably been seen or sent off and sap will probably make a 3 round holder. Haha.
    so no matter what, your product will come to fruition. Do you want to be the one who profits or gave out the idea?
    I will continue to run a 2 round sap. I don’t need a 3rd round and the extra thickness.
    But I See no issues on your product since it’s not the same. The only caveat would be to change up your tag. Location or design. Something different so the naysayers have less to bitch about.
    This is what pushes companies foward to improve designs. To manufacture new and Better products.

I need to get a bag from you and wouldn't mind getting one of these at the same time.
    How soon will you have them ready to buy?

For those more interested in preparing for scenarios other than gaming, this could be a nice way to keep some of the "special" rounds handy.
    Also there are those that shoot their AIs and other rifles with the single shot sleds for extra length rounds, this would let you have a couple to slap in quickly for single feeding.

It looks almost identical to me, with a longer loop in the middle for the precious 3rd round. Likely the same amount of stitching. Tag is even in the same place. If you want to make your own, and I have seen quite a few over the years, fine. If you want to sell them, that different to me

I do not see the huge difference. I see someone that invented a cool thing for us shooters and someone else is gonna sell something extremely similar to make a few hundred bucks. I personally wouldn't do this, maybe I'm in the minority, maybe I'm a sucker. I have watched the "shooting community" eat it's own for too long.

Please don't bring a "liberal media" argument, that's weak. It has absolutely nothing to do with this. Keep your politics out of this.

Imagine if there was only 1 smart phone out there.

God forbid if someone else had made another smart phone. Choice is not ok!!!! Haha

I have to admit its nice looking just not sure if only 3 rounds is enough I guess it could be a start I want one of those back packs that hold 2 200 round boxes and maybe a vest bandolier . My inner ammo whore says to wrap me like a mummy in ammo I won't need any stinkin badges

The whole, hanging single rounds off the side of my rifle thing, is gay anyways.

Exactly...it's called a mag change. lol why is everyone so scared to do a mag change under pressure.

Edit* I have an sap two round holder because it came on my rifle but I have yet to need it in a match because I carry two mags on me lol

Last edited:
    Reactions: FishDr
    All my precision rifles have a bolt handle on the left hand side, and operate by lifting the bolt handle, and then pulling backwards. I think these are a copy-cat design. Some paid royalties, some did not.....

I like the idea, and it looks good. Probably won't use one due to extra width, but its cool. Run 'em.

I'm currently running a long action and this would work good for me as I don't like using the 10 round magazines.

Put me on the list 👍

Exactly...it's called a mag change. lol why is everyone so scared to do a mag change under pressure.

Edit* I have an sap two round holder because it came on my rifle but I have yet to need it in a match because I carry two mags on me lol
    Why would I do a mag change when it only requires one to finish what I started? Seems like a waste of time and energy to me. I can slap in a round off of my extra round holder in a second without moving off my rifle or scope.
    If you can do a mag change in a second, call me.

The use of the extra round is for match purposes when there’s been a reason or issue that makes one drop a round on the ground but they need the extra round to finish the stage.

If you have never had that need, then you wouldn’t understand. I get that. If you have, you understand the need.

For everything else, a mag change is in order. I have three mags on me and use them when the situation is appropriate.

Tons of messages so I put a preorder up. We should have them ready before the end of the month, maybe sooner. Now that the design is there and I know what to order I'll get a stack of materials coming so we can make a bunch of them. Only for 308 at the moment but we will expand that if there is interest.

Reactions: CStroud