• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Three Round Holder, feedback requested.

Why would I do a mag change when it only requires one to finish what I started? Seems like a waste of time and energy to me. I can slap in a round off of my extra round holder in a second without moving off my rifle or scope.
If you can do a mag change in a second, call me.

The use of the extra round is for match purposes when there’s been a reason or issue that makes one drop a round on the ground but they need the extra round to finish the stage.

If you have never had that need, then you wouldn’t understand. I get that. If you have, you understand the need.

For everything else, a mag change is in order. I have three mags on me and use them when the situation is appropriate.

I do compete and played on two way firing ranges. I come from the school of thought that if I need one more round I probably need a full mag but that's a different game. Prs has evolved away from that hence what your referring too. I run an action where there is no single loading unless you push the bullet down into the mag to feed.

You would be surprised how fast you can get at mag changes....

Tons of messages so I put a preorder up. We should have them ready before the end of the month, maybe sooner. Now that the design is there and I know what to order I'll get a stack of materials coming so we can make a bunch of them. Only for 308 at the moment but we will expand that if there is interest.

Awesome. But please consider some for us 6.5prc guys and other short mag crazy people lol.

Oh, the humanity.

photo_1591488252975.png
photo_1591488178092.png

I just put in an order for 2 as well as some of your bags.

I'd be up for some in a bigger caliber when you get around to it as well.

Ordered.
Thank you sir.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200606-204439.png
    Screenshot_20200606-204439.png
    469.6 KB · Views: 31
I agree with what someone said above. A version with no product tab would be great.

Like it.. Maybe “Cerberus” as a name?

@Precision Underground You better take this down from your website then. Someone might think you didn't come up with your idea by yourself.

View attachment 7345148
Why are you so salty about this? If you don’t like it then just don’t buy it.

And not being sarcastic cause I’m genuinely curious, do you also have a problem with the many brands who make suppressor covers, Shooting bags and the like? Cause to me they’re all pretty dang close in design and function but have their own spin on it to give variety to the end user and their preferences. To me this is the same so I’m curious what makes this different to you?

And damn! I was gonna say Cerberus! Maybe “ghidora” (after the three headed monster?)

I definitely think a 2rd version is a direct rip off of SAPs product. A 3rd version....I dunno I guess its different even though the construction is basically the same. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Hoptic and to to that I'd say Hoptic found a different way to skin a cat by taking the concept and making it out of aluminum and making it attach via keymod/mlok for a more "baller" version. SAP has been well known in the industry for a long time due to the 2rd holder. Theres a mutual respect that comes from other big name guys and that's the reason you dont see them producing their own 2rd holders and you also don't see SAP ripping off their competitiors popular products. If you go down the path of stealing peoples flagship products what's to prevent others from doing the same to you someday if you were to invent something that was desired by dang near every precision rifle competitor in the PRS/NRL? Respect goes a long way in the industry.

@Precision Underground You better take this down from your website then. Someone might think you didn't come up with your idea by yourself.

View attachment 7345148
Man you busted us. You are a true autist internet sleuth. We would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for your investigational prowess 🙄

No one in their right mind would say that we are pretending that we came up with the idea of putting rounds on a patch on a rifle. The whole thread is literally me asking the community if this is bad form. The overwhelming consensus is no. Out of close to 500 reactions across platforms we have 4-5 negative. That’s just life. In all situations 1-2% will bitch about anything you do. I don’t care what another company thinks of us, I care what the community thinks of us. If I based our products off of what other companies say is ok for us to sell we wouldn’t sell anything. If you look around a little you can find products from many companies that some would call ripoffs, I’ll leave it at that.

The guy who says all we did was “just add another round on the same design”. You clearly don’t understand these designs or design in general. This looks similar but it’s different in its execution. To take the original 2 round design and make it hold a 3rd round means completely changing how the thing is put together. That may sound silly but some people have no clue what it takes to turn an idea into a functional, manufacturable product. If we were down with ripping products off we would have been selling a SAP copy a long time ago. Guys have asked us for these for a long time. Until I found a way to do it differently it was not happening. It’s clear that we did not come up with “the idea”. But an idea is not what is ripped off. The execution of an idea is what’s ripped off. This is what drives products forward.

I definitely think a 2rd version is a direct rip off of SAPs product. A 3rd version....I dunno I guess its different even though the construction is basically the same. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Hoptic and to to that I'd say Hoptic found a different way to skin a cat by taking the concept and making it out of aluminum and making it attach via keymod/mlok for a more "baller" version. SAP has been well known in the industry for a long time due to the 2rd holder. Theres a mutual respect that comes from other big name guys and that's the reason you dont see them producing their own 2rd holders and you also don't see SAP ripping off their competitiors popular products. If you go down the path of stealing peoples flagship products what's to prevent others from doing the same to you someday if you were to invent something that was desired by dang near every precision rifle competitor in the PRS/NRL? Respect goes a long way in the industry.

Respect? Respect would be a company reaching out through a PM on social media before going off the rails calling our company a fraud in a public comment. One would have created mutual respect and likely remedied the issue they have with this. The other is just motivation for us to crank it up and go harder, assuming the community is with us(It appears they overwhelmingly are).

Reactions: Caihlen
I'm curious about something. Over ten years ago, early in the 3-Gun sport, I had a elastic holder for two shotgun shells on my shotgun. I think the brand name was Stage Saver or something like that. I'm unable to remember the manufacturer. Does that predate SAPs holder? It was very handy on a shotgun.

If this is the hill you wanna die on, that's your choice...
Please don't exaggerate all your "design" and R&D into this plagiarism. You flat stole a beloved product by a beloved company . You admitted as much in your first post. This isn't silicon valley. This is a small tight knit community with long a memory.

SAP 2rd Holder 3.JPG
SAP 2rd Holder 2.JPG

Why are you so salty about this? If you don’t like it then just don’t buy it.

And not being sarcastic cause I’m genuinely curious, do you also have a problem with the many brands who make suppressor covers, Shooting bags and the like? Cause to me they’re all pretty dang close in design and function but have their own spin on it to give variety to the end user and their preferences. To me this is the same so I’m curious what makes this different to you?

And damn! I was gonna say Cerberus! Maybe “ghidora” (after the three headed monster?)

And where is all the outrage usually attributed to people running vertically-split rings? Where is the SH peanut gallery? Does someone with a higher post count or an admin need to chime for the recreational outrage to bubble up from behind the keyboard?

if you don’t want it copied do what Hoptic did
So you admit it's a blatant copy now?

Just so we're clear still. I have no affiliation with SAP. I simply don't like when people in our "community" rip each other off. Not sure why so many think it's OK. I do realize that a lot of the comments are individuals that really only post garbage online and do not really participate in shooting sports or the community, that fact is not lost on me.

Two rd fabric quiver = SAP
Two rd AL quiver = Hoptic
3 rd fabric quiver = Precision Underground

the only company protected from anyone stealing their product is Hoptic if precision Underground Wanted to be jerks they would sell the two round as well or vs versus

That pic looks pretty old. I’ve seen those from 2013 at least. Case and point, nobody owns the rights to a velcro ammo holder.
If this is the hill you wanna die on, that's your choice...
Please don't exaggerate all your "design" and R&D into this plagiarism. You flat stole a beloved product by a beloved company . You admitted as much in your first post. This isn't silicon valley. This is a small tight knit community with long a memory.

View attachment 7345586View attachment 7345584
Excuse my language but how about fuck you. As it turns out the SAP was not the first to velcro 2 rounds to a gun. Move the hell on and go find someone else to bother. You are the only one dying on a hill today.

Just so we're clear still. I have no affiliation with SAP. I simply don't like when people in our "community" rip each other off. Not sure why so many think it's OK. I do realize that a lot of the comments are individuals that really only post garbage online and do not really participate in shooting sports or the community, that fact is not lost on me.
Tries to bash and looks down on all opposing views and calls it a community lol

I see Brown Coat Tactical has a youtube vid with a velcro to the gun ammo holder from 2013. Was this the first?

No, the 2 round holder was SAPs first ever product. They were literally selling them since before they ever even became a legit business. This was around 09/10 timeframe if memory serves me. FYI I'm not an owner or employee. I have been shooting with those guys since then though and they're good dudes that have a lot of respect within the PRS/NRL community.

We appreciate the feedback guys. This is exactly what I was thinking. Just wanted to confirm that your thoughts lined up with ours and this wouldn’t be seen as a ripoff because that’s not how we roll at all. I had two individuals and one company come on social media and lecture us about “community” and how we were doing them wrong. Funny/ironic that the only mention of community out of 250 reactions was 3 people using it to try to tear us down in a public forum. I think some of these companies have it backwards when they pat themselves on the back for “supporting the PR community”. The way I see it you guys supports us, not the other way around. Sure we send stuff to prize tables but that’s called a promotion. That’s not some selfless act to make PR great again.

If someone can come up with a name for it and we’ll send you one. Someone on IG said Trident which i like the best so far. Something like that or a generic “3 rounder” or the like. Thanks guys 👊🏻

For a name I'd just go with "The Triad" & I would buy one if it were for the short mag. It makes the most sense for those since mag space it limiting. 25SST in my case.

Last edited:
If everyone is getting all picky, it could probably be easily and successfully argued that sticking 1, 2, 3 etc. rounds on the side of your gun is simply a logical modernization of the very old idea of having the same thing on the buttstock of your gun and shotgun shell carriers on the side of the action of your shotgun, and has been going on for a significant amount of time.

I'm pretty sure if it ever came to being properly motivated, plenty of "Prior Art" examples could be found on short order.

No, the 2 round holder was SAPs first ever product. They were literally selling them since before they ever even became a legit business. This was around 09/10 timeframe if memory serves me. FYI I'm not an owner or employee. I have been shooting with those guys since then though and they're good dudes that have a lot of respect within the PRS/NRL community.
10 4 well they showed me zero respect so that's all I have to go on. The truth is these have been around in the shotgun world for a lot longer than 2009. I see posts on forums discussing them from before that. An adhesive velcro ammo holder is not their idea. They may have been the first to do it on a precision rifle but that's irrelevant. Still, I'm glad they made a stink about it because it motivated me to make it better. We appreciate the civility as you are the only one out of the 4-5 who disagreed that did it in a mature way 👊

yep not one 3 round quiver was ever made until the precision underground one. They recognized the community needed one and answered the call and made one... well done

Actually that's not true. I do recall seeing one a few years ago. Don't recall the maker and my google skills are coming up empty today but it has been done before. If I recall it didnt velcro to the side of the rifle but rather it was a strap around the forend.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
You type about wanting respect, but do not seem to show much at all. Respect is earned. You reap what you sow.

You started this thread to invite feedback. You are receiving feedback, both negative and positive. I think you may have been looking for validation, rather than feedback.

You started this thread to invite feedback. You are receiving feedback, both negative and positive. I think you may have been looking for validation, rather than feedback.
Total across platforms we’ve had about 500 positive and 5 negative (Your 16 childish posts only count as 1)so I got exactly the info I needed. I get it, you don’t like it. You have nothing else to contribute. Move along.

Lmao ok so too be honest I was one of the guys who asked for Precision underground to make me a two round holder.

Why you ask? Why didn’t I just buy a SAP? Well PU has treated me right. Plain and simple I won a suppressor wrap from him and used a bag of his. I like his stuff and like to support the smaller shops.

I also had a brassbag Made from him and wanted a two round holder to go along with my suppressor wrap. I know it’s very simple but when you spend $10k on a rifle I like it to somewhat match and look nice.

PU immediately sent me a message saying that he didn’t know how to make it without just being a straight copy or appearing to be a direct copy. He was worried about this and didn’t want this situation. But at the end of the day he made his own version and test it’s very similar but how many ways can you make a two round holder? At the end of the day it’s a $10 item that probably takes $4 to make.
CDE019C3-4209-4C2A-B335-9D890CA67DDF.png

Reactions: Huskydriver
Lmao ok so too be honest I was one of the guys who asked for Precision underground to make me a two round holder.

Why you ask? Why didn’t I just buy a SAP? Well PU has treated me right. Plain and simple I won a suppressor wrap from him and used a bag of his. I like his stuff and like to support the smaller shops.

I also had a brassbag Made from him and wanted a two round holder to go along with my suppressor wrap. I know it’s very simple but when you spend $10k on a rifle I like it to somewhat match and look nice.

PU immediately sent me a message saying that he didn’t know how to make it without just being a straight copy or appearing to be a direct copy. He was worried about this and didn’t want this situation. But at the end of the day he made his own version and test it’s very similar but how many ways can you make a two round holder? At the end of the day it’s a $10 item that probably takes $4 to make.
I’m selling them for $20 because $10 is not worth doing it 😂. And as you know the reason it took so long is because I didn’t make a direct copy. I could have sent you a direct copy in a day. What are we going on 2-3 months now?

Reactions: Kadams1563
I’d buy one for every rifle. I have several SAP two round holders that have served me well. If creative minds weren’t at work to improve, we would still be driving Model Ts (but I’m sure Henry Ford got his idea from someone.)

I’d rather be shooting than fighting on the keyboard.

Keep up the good work @Precision Underground