• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thumbs up to Josh - North Texas Rifle Precision

txstars

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
Grapevine, Texas, U.S.A.
I want to give a big thumbs up to Josh @ NTRP for a great day of lessons on the range.

He had me punching steel at 1000 yards on a windy Texas day in less than 6 hours of range work. By far the longest shot I have ever attempted. Nothing like hearing that 4 to 5 second delayed ping.

Re: Thumbs up to Josh - North Texas Rifle Precision

He does a great job. I am headed back up there next weekend to work with him to get ready for the Cup. I hope we get lucky like you did and get a good 20mph wind!

I read Jay's write up on the NTRP Forum. That is great shooting and great teaching to get you from where you started to banging steel at 1k. Congrats man and welcome to the team.

I remember when everyone here hated Captain Kick Ass. I yearn for the ways things used to be.

Oh Jesus youll ruin him.....make him feel like hes really wanted around here
sick.gif

I enjoyed my time at NTRP immensely. I've stated before that Jay has what it takes to be a great instructor. Despite his Internet persona, he knows his craft and can effective relate the lessons to his clients.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when everyone here hated Captain Kick Ass. I yearn for the ways things used to be. </div></div>

Honey Badger don't care.

ha ha ha.... man I appreciate it. Here he is shooting 1000 yards for the very first time! With his own loads he made the day before.

P1010893.jpg

P1010892.jpg

Lots of fun!

Is that a sock monkey he's using as a rear bag?

For someone as inexperienced in long range shooting as I am Jay was the perfect instructor. He does not fill you're head with a bunch of BS. He gets down to business with what he has found to work. I had a great time hanging with the jackass this past weekend. So much so I just committed to take his carbine class at the end of June.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I enjoyed my time at NTRP immensely. I've stated before that Jay has what it takes to be a great instructor. Despite his Internet persona, he knows his craft and can effective relate the lessons to his clients.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when everyone here hated Captain Kick Ass. I yearn for the ways things used to be. </div></div>

Honey Badger don't care. </div></div>

Jay's sorry ass made me fill my own sock with gravel since I forgot my rear bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a sock monkey he's using as a rear bag?

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX-Stars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jay's sorry ass made me fill my own sock with gravel since I forgot my rear bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a sock monkey he's using as a rear bag?

</div></div> </div></div>

Hahahahahaha.... Sounds about right.

LOL! I'm going to prison beat you with that sock full of rocks in June!

Watching you eat those crushed dog turd looking power bars Sunday reminded me of the Honey Badger. Also explains all the crap that comes out of you're pie hole. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! I'm going to prison beat you with that sock full of rocks in June! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX-Stars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watching you eat those crushed dog turd looking power bars Sunday... </div></div>

Clif bars?

Range is looking better & better. The banner looks great too. Did you have a beaver come gnaw off the trees to open up shooting lanes? Glad it's all going well. Anyone looking for range time and training, look no farther. CKA is the man to get you on target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX-Stars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watching you eat those crushed dog turd looking power bars Sunday reminded me of the Honey Badger. Also explains all the crap that comes out of you're pie hole. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! I'm going to prison beat you with that sock full of rocks in June! </div></div> </div></div>

You guys are too much! Looks like a great experience. Rock on. Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Range is looking better & better. The banner looks great too. Did you have a beaver come gnaw off the trees to open up shooting lanes? Glad it's all going well. Anyone looking for range time and training, look no farther. CKA is the man to get you on target. </div></div>

+1 amen!

Never seeing the range before Sunday I was very impressed with the set up.

All BS aside. I can not say enough about the total experence I had this past weekend. Jay's vast knowledge, teaching ability is first class. He is a cool dude to hang with for a day or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: divejay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Range is looking better & better. The banner looks great too. Did you have a beaver come gnaw off the trees to open up shooting lanes? Glad it's all going well. Anyone looking for range time and training, look no farther. CKA is the man to get you on target. </div></div>

+1 amen!</div></div>

Hold one mil and don't puke.... lol I cracked up when I read that. Forgot about that. Good times, Puker-6!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX-Stars</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> All BS aside. I can not say enough about the total experence I had this past weekend. Jay's vast knowledge, teaching ability is first class. He is a cool dude to hang with for a day or two. </div></div>

He's gonna be hard to deal with, if all of this positive exposure continues. Lol

I booked a weekend in May. Hope he can shoot better than he drinks. I thought I was gonna have to drive him home after a couple of beers the other night.

Jay is good people and cant wait to get to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Freckles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hope he can shoot better than he drinks. I thought I was gonna have to drive him home after a couple of beers the other night. </div></div>

Bring some of these, he loves them.

my12520.jpg

Ugh.... Lol. One of my regulars left that crap in the fridge. Colt 45 is much better.

I have got to get back into the mix.

I took some classes with Jay about this time last year (2010). At the end of the class, he had me shoot a golf ball out 700 yards, with ammo I had just made under his supervision. I had never reloaded before. Now I can't stop!

I now reload for 223, 243, 260 and the reliable 308.