• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast 223 P-1

T2CH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Va, USA
So I received my TB today. I just wanted to check it out on my M&P 15-22 and see what it sounded like. It threaded right on and fit fine. I loaded up a round and shot into a tree in the back yard. No real difference with or without the can. Anybody know anything about this? Am I expecting to much? I would have thought there would have been a lot less noise but there wasn't.

That's interesting because CCI standard velocity in all of my semi auto 22 rifles (including a dedicated ar upper) is quieter than my gamo pellet rifle, at least until the bullet hits the intended target. Are you sure that it's standard velocity, 1080fps?

The .223P-1 suppresses CCI Standard Velocity just fine for me. I think it is too big and heavy for rimfire, but it does suppress well. I suggest you continue your testing beyond the one round in the backyard.

They are the Mini Mag 1235fps. I would have thought it would have been more quiet than it was, almost like no suppressor at all. I'm going to try some subsonic ammo later and see what happens.

They are the Mini Mag 1235fps. I would have thought it would have been more quiet than it was, almost like no suppressor at all. I'm going to try some subsonic ammo later and see what happens.

Those rounds are super sonic. You can't suppress the sonic crack. Get some 1040 cci standard velocity and all you will hear is the action. I shoot standard velocity out of my bolt gun and can hear the firing pin drop. Cci green tag works too...or most anything running slower than 1100. Also, if you have a threaded pistol with a 4" or so barrel the mini mags will be subsonic. That is a massive suppressor for a .22 pistol, but should work just to try it.

Thanks, I understand I can't suppress the sonic crack. I have other suppressors, just never had one on a .22 and just wanted to try it out. I'll pick up some slower stuff and try it.