• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Ultra 5 and 9 on Seekins SP10M 260 Rem Sound test

TBACRAY

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Here you go. We tested an Ultra 5 and 9 on a SP10M 260 Rem shooing FGM 142 SMks. I didn't touch the gas. I'm sure I can tune each one better individually.

Here we have a Seekins SP10M in 260 Rem shooting FGM 142 SMKs with Thunder Beast Ultra 5 suppressor. This is a wicked setup. Shoots very smooth. Shots go

Mil R- 152.9,152,149.8,147.4,150.3 Avg-150.5

Mil L- 151.9,152.7,149.9,145.3,151.2 Avg- 150.2

SE - 134.8,134.4,133.9,135.4,134.8 Avg- 134.7

U9

Mil R- 136.4, 135.4,135.9,135.3,138 Avg- 136.2

Mil L- 136.1,133.8,133.5,135,134.7 Avg- 134.6

SE - 137.6,140.2,139.2,138.9,136.7 Avg- 138.5

Interesting that the 9 is that much louder at the ear... maybe the extra dwell time is over gassing it?

These are really great results! Ultra 9 is one of the few cans I've ever seen get an AR10 sub 140db at all three locations. What was the gas block set to?

Not sure what it was set to. It came out of the box like this. The Seekins gas block has a lever that gives you a range. I had it on the wide open setting in this range. I'm sure I can dial it in better better for each can playing with the gas. I wanted to show what the 5 v 9 did without touching the gas. Plenty of testing to come the next few weeks. Lots going on here.

Reactions: Geno C.
Interested in results as well

Hey guys I’m building a Savage Gen 3 6.5 creedmoor and I I’m looking to shoot maybe out to 1600-1700 ocassionally but mostly 809-1000. I hear some say silencerco and others beast master because it affects the trajectory the least. Opinions?

Hey guys I’m building a Savage Gen 3 6.5 creedmoor and I I’m looking to shoot maybe out to 1600-1700 ocassionally but mostly 809-1000. I hear some say silencerco and others beast master because it affects the trajectory the least. Opinions?
Beast master or thunderbeast? But thunderbeast is the best precision rifle silencer out there.

Why is silencerco so much more talked about. The armour building my rifle said I needed the thunderbeast. I’ve watched a bunch of videos I was just looking for some personal experiences. Thx!
Probably cost. They are decent for the price and great on AR’s and pistols. But for precision work I only use TB. I mean it’s all personal preference really but you won’t hear a lot of bad anything about them. SiCo is hit and miss.

SiCo has been in the game and more popular for many years. They probably produce a shit ton more can.

That being said TBAC has become the gold standard for bolt guns.

I run an Omega though. As I didn’t know much before I bought. I don’t use it enough to buy another large can.

Probably cost. They are decent for the price and great on AR’s and pistols. But for precision work I only use TB. I mean it’s all personal preference really but you won’t hear a lot of bad anything about them. SiCo is hit and miss.
Should I go with one for my caliber or get the 30cal so I could use it on my AR as well? I’m skeptical as I have not been around any while being used. I’m an Audio engineer and don’t listen to much over 90db. They say reduced to 130? Still above where I’d be wearing cans and plugs.

If you want a do it all can for AR’s, bolt guns, and anything else you got get a Dead air sandman.

No I’m not looking for a generic do all can. I was just wondering if there were discernible differences in getting gun specific cans. I’d only put it on my 223 and 6.5. I would buy one of each if it made a difference in sound deadening or performance.

No I’m not looking for a generic do all can. I was just wondering if there were discernible differences in getting gun specific cans. I’d only put it on my 223 and 6.5. I would buy one of each if it made a difference in sound deadening or performance.
Your asking a lot of any can If you want to get below 130 dB. I personally would get the 30 cal can. Probably an ultra 5 would be more than enough for 223 and 6.5. But if you ever want to go bigger get an ultra 7. Just one mans opinion. @TBACRAY Can give you better advice and stats.

You can check out some of the videos I've posted to see if a little extra reduction is worth it. 30 cal will give you very good suppression and versatility. A 6.5 can will give a little better suppression but you can't put it on a 300 BLK or 308.

Reactions: LeadZeke
^^^This.

TBAC holds crazy tolerances. SiCo is more volume mass production. Not bad cans, just not spectacular. Its not even about sound. Its just all the other attributes too. TBAC better Mounting system, less POI shift, lighter weight, more consisent build characteristics. SiCo does great things for the industry though. They are great at marketing and gaining awareness for suppressors in general. I really like the Omega 9k and 45K. Its important to support all reputable companies furthering the cause!!