• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Thunder Valley Precision 6xc

srt_1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Steubenville, OH
Well, finally getting some nice weather and able to get out to the range.

Here's my cold bore...
target_zpscf35a821.jpg

3 shot group was also very pleasing.
target1_zps66013d3a.jpg

Today was 39 degrees, bright and sunny with very little wind. Made it out to the local police department range to put the Thunder Valley Precision 6xc to work.
So far, I can say this rifle loves the Berger 105's with 37.5gr of H4350. Until today, I've only been shooting steel. From 200 yards to 1000 yards, the 6xc shot amazingly good. After today, I am more than happy with its performance. My cold bore was right on then my 3 shot group was right on as well. With some fine tuning of the ammo and bettering my skills I can only imagine this rifle shooting better and better with every outing.

6XC.jpg

Here ya go....Thunder Valley Precision 6XC built by Tom Sarver....and I can assure you it is very real.

Also, I'm shooting H4350 powder and Berger 115's. In case you wanted to know if the ammo was real as well...:)

Good job with the 6XC, how did you decide to go with this round? I just put together a 6XC for this year too. Looks very promising, everyone of these rounds I've seen have produced great groups. We've been using 260's for the past 3 years and see the 6mm and it's bullet choices coming on strong. We'll try to get up to TVP this summer and give one of the matches a go. If you'd like to see the results of my 6XC testing on it's first field test here's the link. I'm using 105 AMAX with 39.8gr of H4350, seems that round likes H4350. 39.2 shot very well but I needed to get a bit more velocity and both loads seemed to shoot well.

Nice looking rifle for sure. Seems like I've been seeing more 6mm guns being built lately and less of the big bore stuff. We never thought the smaller calibers were going to work as well out to 1000 but we're seeing on calm days even the 223's are doing much better than expected.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showt...range-time-to-test-it-out&p=172059#post172059

Maybe see you at one of the matches somewhere this summer.

Topstrap

Last edited:
That's one beautiful rifle srt and it shoots as well as it looks. I'm shooting a Savage with a hart barrel in 6X and I love it. I'm shooting a mild load of varget, 32.6 under 107 smk's. I think I'm in the low 2700's but its accurate and I want the barrel to last. I use 38.5 h4350 with federal primers when I want more speed and accuracy. Varget is 1/4" groups with 5 rounds, h4350 is 1/8", of course, it depends when I can do that. I have Berger 105's and 115's I have yet to shoot but I'm waiting on Lapua brass and my necking die for those.

Love it, I'll keep looking for more range reports.

Actually, I had no idea about the round... When I went to Tom about a build he suggested it. After testing his demo rifle I loved it. So far I've only shot te berger 105 as 115's... 38.5 and 37.5 of H4350 and the rifle seems to like it a lot. Ill definitely be out TVP for the matches... And I'd like to make it down to Rayners for a match... Heard a lo of good stud about the range there as well. I will for sure keep posting range reports..over all I am more than pleased with the round and this build.