• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Mike I'm sure Tom can help you out with both of those...

Same pricing for the 22 matches as the big bore? Are these all prone or benches or whatever we can carry along to support a gun? Got another short gun I'd like to try.

Topstrap

Yes the price is the same, Standing,sitting,supported and prone for those who can.

Hey Wade

Missed you today.. Shay and I spent the afternoon busting clays and shooting at rocks at the 600 berm!!! BTW you are going to like the new pile of steel at TVP just waiting to be set up and shot at! back of my truck was full! Fricking fuel pump went out on the way home right on 93 and got towed to Zanesville to the Dealership.. gonna need a new fuel pump and filter!

weather was nice but windy!! 15mph most of the day.

See ya next trip!

Sometimes you have to take care of a few things at home....On my way to work now to start the week early but I'll be there next weekend to get a little work done...
See ya next time

Yea I know. Just always good to see a familiar face up there I am not one to talk I never get up to tvp as much as I would like

.22 lr match should be cool!! anyone gonna try to make it??

I will definitely be there for the. 22 match, there's quite a few dead squirrels in my back yard, so i think i got her dialed in good.

Andy

SASSdriver-

I showed up on Saturday early afternoon,there were a few people there. We worked on the rimfire targets mainly. There was a straight path mowed from the benches to the 1000 yard line. That mowed path was ranged in 100 yard increments. There are a couple target holders to be made for that path. If we had more manpower and daylight the holders could have been made and installed.

Sunday...Can't comment,was at work.

van

good deal... I was baling hay
I hope the targets work out OK.. If not I can always take them back and fix them! my boys ages 14 & 8 hope that their dad loads them and their 17hmrs up and they get to shoot the course! only prpblem with that is I think they can out shoot me and my .22 and we can't have that!

Well today was the best day I've had at Thunder Valley so far. It was so nice to sit down at the bench and shoot out to 1000 yds in 100 yd increments. All of the targets were in a straight line to the 1000 yd target. I also met some new people today and saw some old familiar faces. The only thing that I need now is a night force scope so I can reach out to the mile target. Thanks to Tom for a great shooting facility!

no 308 here... just me and my tack drivin 284. i was nailin the steel today tom is going to have the targets at 50 yard increments out to 1000 yards, everything is there, he just needs to find some time to do it. i cant wait to shoot the 1000 yard paper match. you going to make it mike?

Yes, I plan to make the paper shoot. Unfortunately, my scope took a shit on me and I need to get it replaced between now and them. I guess I will find out how good Bushnell customer support is.

sorry, i was just trying to put guns to faces. i was out today as well.

A very fun day indeed. We brought a couple of new (and young) shooters. Kara had never shot a gun but had a very good time. We helper her with dope and scope setup and had her shoot the 100 yard steps out to 1000 yards. She hit her first 1000 yard shot and immediately ask if she could try it again ( a miss).

Zack had been shooting with us at another range and with help hit all the targets from position 1 of the intimidator although the long target took several shots.

Marcy

Bushnell is saying I'll be out a scope for 3-4 weeks to repair or replace, so this weekend is kind of in doubt at the moment unless I can find another scope to use.

My scope is usable (sort of), but there is distortion right in the middle of the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell is saying I'll be out a scope for 3-4 weeks to repair or replace, so this weekend is kind of in doubt at the moment unless I can find another scope to use.

My scope is usable (sort of), but there is distortion right in the middle of the scope. </div></div>

You don't have an extra scope??

I'm sure somebody's got an extra they'll bring for ya.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You don't have an extra scope??

I'm sure somebody's got an extra they'll bring for ya. </div></div>

Not at the present time. If I had a spare scope, it would probably be attached to a spare rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had a spare scope, it would probably be attached to a spare rifle. </div></div>

That's the spirit!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You don't have an extra scope??

Not at the present time. If I had a spare scope, it would probably be attached to a spare rifle. </div></div>

...still a spare scope, though. It's not sacrilege to pull a scope off a rifle!

REALLY?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You don't have an extra scope??

Not at the present time. If I had a spare scope, it would probably be attached to a spare rifle. </div></div>

...still a spare scope, though. It's not sacrilege to pull a scope off a rifle!</div></div>

This Saturday has been <span style="color: #CC0000">Cancelled</span> and moved to the 30th...So the range will be <span style="color: #CC0000">closed</span>
The 22 Match has been postponed to a later date..

Sunday will be as scheduled..HeadHunter

sorry wade, but what course will be shot on the 30th? i didn't see what was originally suppose to be on the 23rd?

The schedule is on the first page of this thread and on the website... But its 1000yd and Mile Paper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The schedule is on the first page of this thread and on the website... But its 1000yd and Mile Paper </div></div>

When will the .22 shoot take place now?

How many shots on the 1000 yard and mile paper targets? Size of the targets? # of Sighters? Timed event? Will all the benches shoot at the same time? Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> june dates?... i have a buddy flyin in from NYC to shoot....</div></div>

yo...... anything? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any news for next month yet? </div></div>
<span style="color: #CC0000">Ring</span>
Why do you keep asking but not coming out and shooting?

<span style="color: #CC0000">BAZ_0157</span>
As I stated in an earlier post "The 22 Match has been postponed to a later date" When that date is set I will post it....

Thanks and have a good weekend

Mike I have a spare 36x leupold If your near the Mansfield area let me know maybe we can work something out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killahog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike I have a spare 36x leupold If your near the Mansfield area let me know maybe we can work something out. </div></div>

If you are talking to me, I have a replacement scope already, have it mounted and zeroed. Thanks for the offer.

Thanks Breeze! I'm looking forward to the 22 shoot! and getting out there and testing out the new rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> june dates?... i have a buddy flyin in from NYC to shoot....</div></div>

yo...... anything? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any news for next month yet? </div></div>
<span style="color: #CC0000">Ring</span>
Why do you keep asking but not coming out and shooting?

<span style="color: #CC0000">BAZ_0157</span>
As I stated in an earlier post "The 22 Match has been postponed to a later date" When that date is set I will post it....

Thanks and have a good weekend</div></div>

the guy from NY just found out his sister has cancer and couldnt come out...

the other guys i come down with havent wanted to come, so coming down by my self hasn't happened... doesn't mean i not planing to... in fact, if there is a open range day next month, i have a group of 6 or more that want to come...

That was fun yesterday, 17 people shooting the Head Hunter. It was plenty hot, but not unbearingly so. I actually hit a couple targets at position 2 this time shooting off the log and afterwards I hit the mile target in 3 shots with my 308.

I'd like to do the paper shoot Saturday, but, unfortunately, I already made other plans. Hopefully, I can make the Intimidator next Sunday. I have a local guy or 2 who is interested in trying it out.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Thunder Valley for the great time and job at the June 24th Head Hunter. A buddy and I decided to go out for the first time and we had a blast. The staff and the attendees were all very hospitable and extremely friendly. The course was very challenging and I would highly recommend anyone to try it out!

Thanks again and we are looking forward towards the next Head Hunter.

I wanted to make the headhunter match real bad but couldn't. Any pics from this past Sunday?

Glad you enjoyed you it..
New schedule will be up ASAP