• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2012 Schedule

Shooters.... If you are plan on coming out to the open range day on the 26th I want to inform you that there will be a film crew doing some taping for an upcoming video. There maybe a couple of brief interruptions.
Here is one of his video's
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IbPE8l1Qqg&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IbPE8l1Qqg&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Wayde, that dude is freaking hilarious...

If you liked that one go watch his "One Shot One Kill"

Does that mean you'll be there to get Ricky's autograph?

Love that dude!!!! He is fuckin hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does that mean you'll be there to get Ricky's autograph? </div></div>

I will be there the 26th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters.... If you are plan on coming out to the open range day on the 26th I want to inform you that there will be a film crew doing some taping for an upcoming video. There maybe a couple of brief interruptions.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IbPE8l1Qqg&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IbPE8l1Qqg&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Wayde when did you get aviators? LMAO

25th - Head Hunter Day & Night <span style="color: #CC0000">w/20 new lights</span>
26th - Open Range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">25th - Head Hunter Day & Night <span style="color: #CC0000">w/20 new lights</span>
26th - Open Range
</div></div>

Good luck with the new lights! The night HH is an awesome experience.

AA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any news on the TVP Fall Tactical Challenge?.. times getting close.... </div></div>

Did you enter? Or just curious....

didnt know it was open to enter, i havent seen any posts in here about it.. i was in the fall shoot

What time should we arrive for the open shoot?

I found a pair of BSA Binoculars in my truck bed last night. I assume they are either from the day or night Head Hunter shoot this weekend at TVP. I am planning to be at TVP on Sat. 9/8 for the Intimidator. I will have them with me then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a pair of BSA Binoculars in my truck bed last night. I assume they are either from the day or night Head Hunter shoot this weekend at TVP. I am planning to be at TVP on Sat. 9/8 for the Intimidator. I will have them with me then. </div></div>

D'OH!! You have a PM.

Thanks
Stan

Well if everything goes as planned I should be picking up a new Honda CR-V today or tomorrow (keeping my fingers crossed). That means I'd have reliable transportation to get there and back. And I'm not scheduled to work this weekend.

So if everything works out, me and my REM 700 SPS and cheap Burris scope are going to try and not look too inept around all you seasoned guys this Sunday.
grin.gif

You guys have a decent chrono on site? i think mine is full of crap. showing 20-30 fps sd on a rifle shooting 1/4 moa. I want to order custom elevation knobs for my NF but dont have any reliable data to give them.

i am definatley coming tommorow just worried that guys wont wanna shoot in the weather. and i have a 3 hour drive. i hope all goes well it would be rather shitty to drive all that way to just turn around and go 3 hours home.

do they ever wait out the weather or shoot in rain?

....rain should move out by 10:00 - 11:00AM.....it's THE WIND that will be a factor...

...btw.....ever hunt in the rain?

yeah...bring your Gore-tex....

o ill be dressed for the occasion trust me. and yea i have hunted in some nasty shit in the past. just hoping that nothing gets cancelled because thats a long ass drive for nothing thats for sure.

I doubt they will cancel unless there is thunder, but the crowd may be a touch thinner than usual. I reloaded most of the afternoon in preparation for coming down tomorrow morning, but the forecast looks to be getting worse. I'm doubtful my shooting buddy and I will end up going. I know that there have been a lot of times the weather forecast said it was going to rain and ended up being a beautiful day of shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPGuN050</div><div class="ubbcode-body">o ill be dressed for the occasion trust me. and yea i have hunted in some nasty shit in the past. just hoping that nothing gets cancelled because thats a long ass drive for nothing thats for sure. </div></div>

Copy that.....1 hour drive for me

well ill be going down alone. dont have a shooting partner, i hope there is enough people that i can find a partner anyhow. also i am new to most of this with only an open range day under my belt but i figured what the hell ill go and try atleast. all i care is that the weather isnt a total wash and ill be happy. should be a damn good learning experience.

Well Im happy to report mother nature cut us some slack and I had another great day shooting at TVP. It was also nice meeting some new shooters.

dsc0367z.jpg

This was also the first time my daughter expressed any interest in shooting and asked if she could go to the range with me. I let her shoot a few rounds after the match and I think the smile says it all. She mentioned something about a purple AR when she was done......

dsc0371xv.jpg

.....I think you're gonna have to get Alicia a rifle!!!

..great shooting day again at TVP....

..albeit with 15 - 17 mph winds gusting to 20 mph...

..the weather moved out, and the wind came in...been too long since I was back at TVP [18 months].

video is uploading....should see it tomorrow morning....DOG-SLOW DSL uploads SUCK...

..btw, Nick, great shooting for an Intimidator First-Timer....

6.5x61-

18 months....it has been awhile. Hope to shoot with you again soon.

Van

thanks man it was a great time and we all sparked a huge interest in my cousin that was out there with me watching. as soon as he gets ahold of an optic he wants to get started.

cant wait to see the video man and thanks for the good spotting and all the help from everyone. i will no doubt be back.

also nito, i went and subscribed to your youtube videos.

...video as promised.....I embedded on another sniper thread I started..didn't want to jack this thread!

gonna work on more videos today.....did I tell you UPLOADING with "country" DSL speeds SUCK BIG TIME....takes almost 3 hours to upload a 6 minute HD video....

gonna be my Head Hunter Rifle

Click Here ------------>>>AR15 6PKD Build

6PDK2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: van</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6.5x61-

18 months....it has been awhile. Hope to shoot with you again soon.

Van </div></div>

..indeed.....

I got an AI in the works......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPGuN050</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks man it was a great time and we all sparked a huge interest in my cousin that was out there with me watching. as soon as he gets ahold of an optic he wants to get started.

cant wait to see the video man and thanks for the good spotting and all the help from everyone. i will no doubt be back.

also nito, i went and subscribed to your youtube videos. </div></div>

...indeed Nick.....yeah, get your cousin some glass for his rifle!

The weather cleared out by about 10:00 and we had a great day of shooting. That was a little more challenging with all that wind than it's been lately. I had close to 3 mils of wind at the 1165 target. Was good to meet and shoot with the new guys.

Stan, I think you're gonna have to get Alicia something to shoot. She was having a great time shooting afterwards.

Nito are you posting the video of the match itself?

..yeah just the videos of us shooting...

...here's what's involved in posting a video:

1. Edit = takes about 30 minutes

2. Upload = 9 minute video takes about 5 friggin' hours, literally at 0.75Mbps

not bitchin' or anything..just ties up the internet line in the house..my 14 year old son, asking every hour...are you done uploading Dad??!!!

.lol...
grin.gif

...switch to 1080p for higher res...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaSDHCl-BFQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaSDHCl-BFQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters.... If you are plan on coming out to the open range day on the 26th I want to inform you that there will be a film crew doing some taping for an upcoming video. There maybe a couple of brief interruptions.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IbPE8l1Qqg&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6IbPE8l1Qqg&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

the vid is up now..

http://youtu.be/6u7pkxdPQsM?hd=1

first stage video looks good man that little camera you had puts out a damn good picture haha. and btw thats some damn good exploding ground hogs you have on your channel lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPGuN050</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first stage video looks good man that little camera you had puts out a damn good picture haha. and btw thats some damn good exploding ground hogs you have on your channel lol. </div></div>

my exploding hogs?.... didnt film as many this year...

"6.5x61 Super .....I think you're gonna have to get Alicia a rifle!!!"

"skigolfmike - Stan, I think you're gonna have to get Alicia something to shoot. She was having a great time shooting afterwards."

Yeah I think Im in trouble... When we got home she started showing me pics of purple ACU cammo AR's and Louis Vuitton print pistols.
shocked.gif