• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision....Thanks Tom

Tim OToole

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2011
My friend Tim Lyons and I showed up at TVP for a day of training with Tom Sarver. How amazed were we when we were the only shooters at the range. Tom introduced himself and got down to business of determining an exact 100 yard zero. After a few detours of re-mounting a scope which was loose and set up issues we set our 100 yard zeros. We quickly and methodically developed a dope chart out to 1,000 yards and determined a true muzzle velocity for each gun. Post lunch we shot from 5 different positions around TVP. Various target positions and placements made for an incredible experience and all the while Tom would guide us as to body position, trigger work, and "sack control". We are both new to long range shooting and Tom had us hitting consistently out 800-900 yards and even some hits at 1,000 yards with a 308. With my limited knowledge I believed this was the limit of that caliber but when Tom had us adjust to the 1,650 yard target I was amazed. Both my friend and I put 2 shots within the frame holding a 12 x 12 target at 1,650 yards in about 1 MOA range. Not bad for newbe's and a more seasomed shooter would have had a hit. This completely blew what I thought was possible out of the water with respect to the 308. The training we received in one day was more than I could have learned in years of shooting on my own. At days end all we could talk about was when could we schedule to go back for more training.

Thanks Tom!!!

Re: Thunder Valley Precision....Thanks Tom

This was money well spent. I am relatively new to long range marksmanship and this course provided a good foundation to build upon. Thanks again Tom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is TVP?</div></div>

Kimbolton Ohio I believe. What bullet where you guys using to stretch to a mile?

I did the same training about a month ago and it was great. Tom is a great guy and knows was he is doing.

+1 - if you have not been.... you need to go and spend the day with Tom at TVP.
Mike

I have to say I have learned more at TVP in the last month than I thought I would, thanks to Tom and a few of the regulars there. You cant learn these things shooting paper at 100 yds. I look forward to some formal one on one training.

I also took toms course. before that say i had never shot past 200 yards. After that day i can say i hit a target at 1165 yards. I was shooting a 6.5 grendel. thanks again tom and can wait to shoot again.