• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision (TVP) Steel Shoot 1-3-10

Re: Thunder Valley Precision (TVP) Steel Shoot 1-3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dale Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mike I would be your pard,but I don't do MOA yet and my XP is being re-barreled and my new Custom Savage Striker is not ready .

Have fun, </div></div>
Pistols?????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
We'll get you onto the MOA eventually. You know that saying about teaching old dogs.
Topstrap, I think groundhogs are more consistent in size than truck tires, but we'll figure that out, too.

I don't think any of it will matter since the Weather channel is calling for 22mph winds.
crazy.gif

A high of 22 degree's,and 25mph winds.I might have to bring a jacket with me,maybe even some gloves.

Start time is 830 for sight in and 9 am match right??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J. A. Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start time is 830 for sight in and 9 am match right??</div></div>

I thought the match started at 10am?

Happy NYE... Rumor has it im DRUNK!!!!!
smile.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">O-H</span></span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #666666"><span style="font-size: 26pt">I-O</span></span></span>

Just called Tom and he wants everyone there by 0900 to allow for sight in, registration, etc. We will have a big turn out and need to make sure we start on time. Happy new year guys!!! What a great way to start the year off right!!

Josh

I-O..... I-O..... Off to Thunder Valley we go.........
Whistle this part to yourself....

I-O..... I-O.....

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey is anybody coming from northern ohio? I am just wondering cause really don't trust my 92 Pontiac for the whole trip. </div></div>

Jon Addis and Scott Cousino are coming from Toledo but I know they are leaving at the ass crack of dawn and like their nice quite, romantic time together during the drive down. Scott already told me that Jon has made sexual innuendos towards him..

FYI, You both deserve that. Jon for the comments on the board and Scott for the text messages.
smile.gif

Hey Scott. My girl wanted me to tell you Go Bucks! </div></div>

GO DUCKS.

And don't sweat me and Jon, I know you guys got something special, plus I'm married, you both are confirmed Bachelors, correct?
grin.gif

I am on the other side of ohio anyway. I might still come but 4 hours is quite far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey is anybody coming from northern ohio? I am just wondering cause really don't trust my 92 Pontiac for the whole trip. </div></div>

I plan on leaving the Cleveland area (Parma) around 6am. Need to zero and would like to chrono. Not sure when I need to head back though.

Its gonna be damn cold tomorrow. Hopefully its not too windy.

Shooters,

Can someone bring a chronograph tomorrow for the the shooters who need velocity info?
My chrono won't work in these temps with printer/computer...have had issues with it and need a back up just in case. Hopefully we don't have to many shooters needing this info.
Thanks,
Tom

I have a chrony F-1 but the last time I took it out I didn't have any luck with it. I'll bring it anyway and hopefully others will bring some too.

Not going to be able to make. Buffalo is getting hammered by lake effect. Hopefully the next match when ever it is I'll be able to make.

I threw my F1 Chrony in as long as someone has a tripod.

Tom, do you have a posthole digger to install the sign for position 1? Though we may be better off using C4...

I know this is late in the game....but if anyone has an extra copy of ExBall software..I could use a copy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this is late in the game....but if anyone has an extra copy of ExBall software..I could use a copy!</div></div>

For Windows or Palm? I have the Palm version...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this is late in the game....but if anyone has an extra copy of ExBall software..I could use a copy! </div></div>
I have all 3 versions. What do you need?

Bring all 3 on a CD..
smile.gif
Ill take it.

The car temp gauge has been reading 4F fir the last hour... Freaking cold..... Should be fun...

have at it guys, your better than me, it may be a few degrees warmer down there but up by the lake here the snow is going by my window horizontal and it is cold !!!! so much for all that fair weather load data you got....

I hope you guys have fun,glad my gun wasn't done yet,Its damn cold in SE Ohio this morn , Brrrrrr-rrr !!! In my experience you can have some target damage in this kind of weather ?

Just shot a round of sporting clays. Not too hatefull out there.

Dale where about in SE Ohio? I'm in Londonderry, I had 12 when I left the house this morning. And a Big yes on target damage. But it was still better than sitting in the house.

Breeze67,
I'm over by Beallsville/Powhaton Point area,
I shot alittle at my range here at the house yesterday and it was to cold then,colder today .

Did you get to shoot all 4 positions or, did you get stuck on position one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

WOW...If as many show up as it sounds like, we'll never leave Position one. This is going to be fun, cold but fun.

</div></div>

We got our Wish!

Tom,
Thanks for another great time.
Great to see all of the new shooters!
When we decided to play off of the benches, the line was full.
Can guy's know who they are now,and should sign up as a squad.

Tie for first.
Gary, Tony. (22 points)
Kenny third. (12 points)
Six shooters had 10.

Great to see everyone again.

cold as a mother$#^%&% but we still had a good time! there was a really heavy turn out which suprised the hell out of me. i think everyone was happy to return to the bottom to shoot. thanks tom and see you next time.

Two, two man teams saved time.
Gave other team time to talk.
Staying on line gives chance to spot for other shooters.
Did anyone use a brass monkey to check the temp?

I think it might have been warmer up on the hill than under that shelter with the wind blowing thru.

It was cold but was fun to watch everyone shoot, I'm all ears at the matches and learned quite a bit from talking to everyone. I can't imagine it being any worse conditions for the next shoot but ya never know here in Ohio.

The match looks very challenging, everyone got along and no knock down drag outs in the brush. The cold weather had most mumbling to themselves about their dope.

I bet a fella could of made match fees easy selling hot coffee today up on the knob top. Am slowly figuring out what they mean now when they say "give it two minutes left" not how much time is left to shoot
smile.gif

Topstrap

We learned about wind.
That was not as much a factor @ station one.
Hard and heavy wind on your back is not the same as out there.
40 min base should give 10 to spare.

If yu have the makins, I have a coffee pot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

WOW...If as many show up as it sounds like, we'll never leave Position one. This is going to be fun, cold but fun.

</div></div>

We got our Wish!

Tom,
Thanks for another great time.
Great to see all of the new shooters!
When we decided to play off of the benches, the line was full.
Can guy's know who they are now,and should sign up as a squad.

Tie for first.
Gary, Tony. (22 points)
Kenny third. (12 points)
Six shooters had 10.

Great to see everyone again.
</div></div>

Dang, I guess my one hit at 550 and near hits at 875, 950 and 1175 didn't get me into first....lol

Can somebody PM me my actual score??? I dont think it should be posted on the internet...haha

Please give me a break on the total scores.

US, Have you found some kind of range?
Contenders and revolvers.
We have 100-550 close to you.
Whats the name on the silo falling down?

I am on Quarry rd

Tom-

Great time as usual.I know alot of shooters (myself included) were chomping away at the bit wanting to get out and shoot.That certainly beat sitting behind a keyboard wanting to shoot.The cold just didn't seem to matter.

Thanks.

van

How many shooters yesterday?I should know,I was holding the score sheets,didn't count though.

One more thanks I want to give.-This goes to the guy who brought out the propane heater.I saw you packing it up yesterday but I didn't take the time to tell you I appreciated it.Thanks.

van

I think scores are kinda pointless on this one considering that we only shot the first 4 targets from pos 1

Scores not pointless.
As we share duties, nobody knows everything.
Many regulars, as well as new guy's got zipped.
From what I heard, dope was off for many.
Guy's that helped keep score.
How can we make the sheet better?

Team plus one guy and spotter was done in time.
Not sure on time for others.
No bonus points given for time yesterday!

Flounder, ya got 2 points.
Target four.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scores not pointless.
As we share duties, nobody knows everything.
Many regulars, as well as new guy's got zipped.
From what I heard, dope was off for many.
Guy's that helped keep score.
How can we make the sheet better?

Team plus one guy and spotter was done in time.
Not sure on time for others.
No bonus points given for time yesterday!

Flounder, ya got 2 points.
Target four. </div></div>

Not sure what you just said.. I forgot my decoder wheel.
DecoderWheelA.gif

Secret decoder ring?
Nine guy's got zippd!
Several shooters, including yourself got two points.
Yesterday was not easy, nor was it meant to be.
We either hit or we didn't.

Damn nice range, wish we could have hit all the stations. Probably the coldest day I have shot, 4 degrees, not factory in wind chill.

I hope to come down again and shoot with you guys.

Tom, you have a hell of a range, and hope to attend a multiple day match and to bring sun screen instead of thermals next time.

I have no idea if its even possible, since this was my first time down, if we could shoot multiple stations at once, to split up the teams, just to get things rolling faster. Like I said, I dont know if its possible based on station location, but I know Tom was a little overwhelmed by the turn out, wich threw a monkey wrench in the mix, but done properly, a hell of a match can be put together there. Looking forward to next time.

Nick

That was a really humbling experience!I never thought it would be that hard to shoot in those conditions,I have alot of practicing to do!I still had alot of fun,and can't wait to go back.
Max

-3 with the wind chill according to the Kestral. That's just damn cold. One thing is for sure, I know what to wear if I want to stay warm. I felt pretty good all day. The extreme cold does strange things to your data.

Tom,
Thanks for having us. I'm glad to see we have that much interest now. 33 shooters with ice cicles hanging off our asses, unreal. Imagine when it gets warm.

Carl/John,
It was good seeing you guys again.