• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Thunderbeast 30BA or 30CB9 or????

Pinecone

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Got my trust done and getting a suppressor. Primary use will be my .308 bolt gun. Secondarily it will be used on a couple of ARs (.300 BLK and 5.56).

So I was looking at something with a quick mount. Was going to get the 30BA, but saw on the TB page, teh 30BA has been discontinued and replaced by the 30CB9. Same price, 30CB9 is about half ounce lighter. Of course, newer product.

So get the 30BA or wait for a 30CB9? Or something else?

How about the Gemtech Quicksand?

Thanks

My choice would be whichever one you can find in stock and ready to submit forms on. TBAC has already made it clear that they will continue to support the BA in terms of manufacturing mounts, etc so there's really no downside to going with the BA if it's available. I like the 30BA and it has been working out well for me. It would work well with 300 BO subsonic as keeping the velocities down helps keep the temperatures down as well. It would work well for limited use on 5.56, just be mindful of extended strings of fire as the heat generated by 5.56 in an AR with long courses of fire will get the cans too hot for long term durability of the titanium.

The quicksand is a nice can, but if the primary use is for your bolt gun I really like the Thunderbeast.

I've got the 30BAS and a 30CB9 in NFA prison. The 30 BA brake isn't attractive and it's OD is larger, if you've an adjustable gas block in the handguard you may not be able to get to it. I chose TBAC because of it's accuracy and a repeatable quick change mount without a lock, it needed to fit in the handguard for a 300BLK SBR. Enjoy.

I contacted my FFL and it seems that we had a slight miscommunication. He has some (one is MINE) TBAC suppressors coming, and they will be the 30CB9, not the 30BA.

I can see I will probably end up getting dedicated 5.56 and .300 BLK suppressors. :)

I can see that.

It would make me happy, but my bank account not so much. :)