• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunderbeast Re-core

TV308

Amateur Expert
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Comfort, TX
So I recently got my form 4 back for my ultra 9 (7months and 3 weeks wait). I love it so much I wanted another. It has significant weight and sound improvement over my 30p1 (which I thought was awesome to begin with). So I decided to re-core instead of wait over a year for another can.

Wanted to let hide members know about my experience with re-coring my 30p-1 to an ultra9 brake attach.

Process was easy...filled out a form on the website and received an RMA via email within minutes.
Return instructions were clear and simple. Included copy of the RMA, form 4, and Drivers license in the package and shipped insured via USPS.

3 business days later I received a call from Thunderbeast letting me know they received the can and confirming my order, also Offered to change color and asked if I needed any muzzle devices. Super professional. Said I could pay when work is done. This was Monday.

Today (Thursday 3 days later) received a call from Blake letting me know my can was finished and once again confirming my order and shipping address. Paid him over the phone and in minutes received an email invoice.

Should have my upgraded can back in a couple of days....total turn around time including shipping both ways less than 2 weeks!

If you are considering re-coring there is no need to hesitate from my standpoint.

Thanks to the staff at TBAC for the great product and service!

I’ll update thread when I receive my can.

Last edited:
This was my experience as well with the process and I personally think it was worth it, went from a DT to a CB, can got lighter and quieter.

Reactions: Charger442
I have done two recores so far and the process was smooth and quick. I can't say enough good about my WY brothers to the north TBAC Customer Service is Top Notch.... :)

I have done a bit of business w/ TBAC from cans, threaded muzzles, and ffl transfers. Their crew , Blake , Natali, et al are just awesome to deal with.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
This is encouraging, I've been pondering this but haven't had the incentive to actually do it because my 30BA works so well, but lighter and quieter have always appealed to me just trying to figure out if $800 justifies the benefits. TV308, you mentioned a followup, just curious now that you've had the suppressor back, what are your thoughts, could you tell right away it was quieter? How much POI shift if any did you notice, on my current 30BA it is almost .7 mil but with my Ultra 5 it is practically null, maybe .1 mil difference between suppressed and unsuppressed.

This is encouraging, I've been pondering this but haven't had the incentive to actually do it because my 30BA works so well, but lighter and quieter have always appealed to me just trying to figure out if $800 justifies the benefits. TV308, you mentioned a followup, just curious now that you've had the suppressor back, what are your thoughts, could you tell right away it was quieter? How much POI shift if any did you notice, on my current 30BA it is almost .7 mil but with my Ultra 5 it is practically null, maybe .1 mil difference between suppressed and unsuppressed.

My main goal with the conversion was to go to the CB attachment system on all my rifles (planning on a dominus for my next can). Unfortunately I have been very busy with work and have not had a chance to really get out to my range and test it side by side with my Ultra 9. I did shoot a couple of rounds behind the house.....Definitely has a different tone than before. I have never checked POI shift as I never shoot unsuppressed. I’m hoping this weekend I’ll be able to do some shooting....(just Received my GA precision build yesterday and need to do a barrel break in)... but we’re getting a bunch of much needed rain here and my range may not be drivable by the weekend. I’ll update ya after I get some shootin in. I’ll check POI shift as well as I’m now curious. see pics below for post conversion weight compared to the U9.

42D45AD3-13B3-4A82-BF3B-FB05E83905EB.jpeg
4292E25D-A240-487A-964B-F4CEDDB9D609.jpeg
CDB3D8A2-3E93-4621-A716-79E42EC6FAD8.jpeg

Thanks TV, no rush. So a little over 2 oz heavier on the recore'd suppressor vs Ultra 9, not bad. My 30BA has the CB brake adapter which is how I've used it with CB brakes and my Ultra 5. I guess the biggest hindrance is for the price of the recore I'm about 3/4 the price of buying a new suppressor. Sure I have to wait the 6-12 months while the suppressor is in jail but hard to think of doing a recore when I can spend a few hundred more to buy another suppressor.

Reactions: jb0311
Thanks TV, no rush. So a little over 2 oz heavier on the recore'd suppressor vs Ultra 9, not bad. My 30BA has the CB brake adapter which is how I've used it with CB brakes and my Ultra 5. I guess the biggest hindrance is for the price of the recore I'm about 3/4 the price of buying a new suppressor. Sure I have to wait the 6-12 months while the suppressor is in jail but hard to think of doing a recore when I can spend a few hundred more to buy another suppressor.
That's the truth. I was looking to get my 30P-1 re-cored and decided to just get an Ultra-7. Started looking at a recore earlier this year again, and decided to get another Ultra-7, haha.

Reactions: Glassaholic

I agree..if it weren’t for wanting all my cans to have the brake attachment I prob would have done the same and gotten another U9 or7...the minimal weight savings alone not worth the cost In my opinion....the wait just sucks as we all know.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I’m pondering the recore. I have a 223CB that I bought and it was in jail when they brought out the Ultra 223.
Using it with my Tikka 223 varmint for prairie dogs. Don’t know if the Ultra internals will handle heat better than the 223CB.