• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tier 1 scope rings?

Totoro

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Gold Country, PRK
Hey fellas, anyone using the Tier 1 6 screw rings?

If so, how do they stack with the current 6 screw offerings from BO and NF?

Thanks!

Never heard of Tier 1 before, but I can tell you this...

I've never had any issues with any of my Seekins Precision rings. It's what I run on nearly every rifle I have. Lightweight, built like a tank, beefy, strong, precise machining, doesn't require lapping when used with a high-quality rail... Can't recommend them enough. 👍🏼

Reactions: Totoro
Thanks fellas!

I am moving from away from rings with big nut fasteners to slimmer/sleeker designs for aesthetics alone.

Seekins, Tier 1, APA are without a doubt at the top of the heap.

Reactions: FuhQ
I have never had an issue with any rings i have ever used regardless of price. Seekins, 2 lines of vortex, 2 lines of Burris, Leupold, Steiner, Talley, Weaver and cheap amazon rings... and probably a bunch of others that i can't remember. Never had a set of rings slide, loosen, or pinch the scope so that it damaged or hindered the elevation or windage. That said, only the cheapest set from Amazon were the lowest line of rings i have used and i have never used vertically split rings.
My favorite rings are the Burris Signature with the inserts, because of the flexibility. I have them on 4 rifles and they work beautifully.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I have never had an issue with any rings i have ever used regardless of price. Seekins, 2 lines of vortex, 2 lines of Burris, Leupold, Steiner, Talley, Weaver and cheap amazon rings... and probably a bunch of others that i can't remember. Never had a set of rings slide, loosen, or pinch the scope so that it damaged or hindered the elevation or windage. That said, only the cheapest set from Amazon were the lowest line of rings i have used and i have never used vertically split rings.
My favorite rings are the Burris Signature with the inserts, because of the flexibility. I have them on 4 rifles and they work beautifully.

I am very partial to the Burris XTR Signature rings as well and for similar reasons. As far as regular two piece rings go, unless I need some specific height that is not available with Signatures, they are pretty much all I use.

Now, I have a ton of different rings laying around, so you'll see all sort of rings on my rifles, but as far as recent purchases go, it is predominantly the XTR Signatures.

ILya

Reactions: want2ride
I have both Burris XTR Signature rings and a Tier One Short saddle unimount and both are flawless. I do like the way the pic rail mounting bolts on the XTR are counterbored for aesthetics.

Thanks for the info fellas! Got some more thinking and looking to do!
I am using tier one rings on one of mine for one of my zco. They are excellent rings. Right there with the very top no doubt. I have one of their bipods too and it's great. They are top quality, period.

Hey fellas, anyone using the Tier 1 6 screw rings?

If so, how do they stack with the current 6 screw offerings from BO and NF?

Thanks!

Why do you think you need 6 screw rings?

Reactions: Baron23
Love the stack of pennies ring height correlation.

Makes it super easy to order the exact correct ring, or even sim how you’d like different heights before ordering. Then you order them, tighten 4 screws, and wonder why you ever bought anything else. Short Action Precision shipped my last set the day I ordered and I had them two days later too.

Reactions: Baron23
I use 4 screw and 6 screw Tier 1 rings with my Blaser, because you can get 20 MOA built in. I have multiple sets, and they are high quality IMHO.

Last edited:
Hey Rob, not a need thing per se.

Looking at options for an upcoming build thats nothing like I have ever had and the Tier 1 look nice and sleek.

More low drag, low speed for me, LOL!

Why do you think you need 6 screw rings?

A pair of Seekins won't have a nut and be less than half the price and hold just fine. Just wasn't sure about 6 screws being a reason or just because they are what they come with.

Reactions: Totoro