• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley 4man Team Match

Billk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2006
Plano, Tx (DFW)
As usual TJ and crew put on a tough match. The weather sucked and the stages were very physically demanding.

The highlight of the match was watching a wounded Marine with one eye and one prosthetic leg kick ass both days. It was hard enough running in the mud and going over the obstacles with two legs..... My hat is off to you Sir.

There was also a 12 year old boy who competed with his father and he did an OUTSTANDING job...

Re: Tiger Valley 4man Team Match

Opalvom and his team won the match. It was Awesome to watch these guys work together with such precision. Great job.

Great job to the Marine guys. The prosthetic leg did not slow him down from giving it his all.

This was one of the toughest matches that we have been to.

I swear I 'm going to make this next time. Sounds like a fun match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Txmxracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about fun but it was an adventure. </div></div>

No wonder you weren't smiling all that much..

THE RO'S WERE THE BEST. They worked their but off with a good attitude the whole time. It was amazing how crappy the conditions were due to the 3" of rain and 30mph winds but you wouldn't know it by watching the RO's work like a swiss watch.
Congrates to Plano SWAT, you could learn a lot about team work buy watching them, you could tell it wasn't their first rodeo. Also congrates to my 53 year old father who gave his 100%. He as well as James Gill(Marine with 1 leg) should inspire people to get off their but and enjoy life before it passes by. Good job T.J. for keeping the show going, I don't know of many match directors that can adapt and prevail as well as him. If you missed this match then you missed a good one, it was fun and challenging. See you at the next one!

Congrats to everyone who finished. It was a challenge to just make it thru.
shane

Thanks guys.. Just for the record all of us are not Plano SWAT. I don't want folks thinking we are claiming to be something we are not so here is what we do.

opalvom: K9 handler

Sgt. Ross: Marine, civilian employee of Bell Helicopter, owner of Ross Precision Gunworks

Texagator: former part time SWAT and PD Training Coordinator

S. Casey: (not a member of the Hide)assigned to PD special enforcement unit and part time SWAT guy.

Hats off to all competitors. This was a challenging match, infact it was the most challenging one so far for me at tiger valley. TJ and his crew put on a first class match. The Marine team is as good as any I have seen about working together. Great job guys. As a Marine myself, I know we are trained to work together, but you guys took it to a new level.

As far as our team, we all worked together and things clicked this time. We all had a great time and are looking forward to the next one. If anyone took photos, I hope you post some. Thanks again to TJ and RO's.

I wish these matches would catch on because they are some of the best training I have had.

I don't have many pics but will try to get some up later.

Results can be found:
HERE

Many thanks for all who toughed it out during a tough and challenging match!

If you have some pictures you'd like to send my way it would be much appreciated. Just PM me.

--Benjamin at Tiger Valley

TJ, Benjamin, and staff, looks like you guys did an outstanding job (again). Please give the wounded Marines a Semper Fi from us. Mark

Outstanding. Everyone who finished that match gets a big thumbs up.

TJ, please keep doing this one...my group could not be there this year, but if at all possible we will make the next one.

Awesomeness.