• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley Low light sniper match

MADUCE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2004
DALLAS,TEXAS
www.tigervalley.com
Tiger Valley will host a one day Low light Sniper Match July 31st 2010. With an emphasis on "sniper" all equipment necessary to deploy as a sniper should he brought, water and snacks just a few. Short on time long on stages, so plan on lots of thinking and shooting three short and one long stage. Cost is $75.00 per shooter, engraved plaques for 1st-3rd place. Be at the range no later then 6:30pm, shooting starts at 7:00pm

Stages for Low Light Match
Stage #1 - Terrorist Bomber
You have information that a female is bringing a suit case bomb into a crowded train station. You have five minutes to locate her and eliminate the threat.

On the timer, you will have 20 seconds to memorize a picture of the suspect, move into position and eliminate her. Any shot striking her head or torso is considered a hit, hurry time is important, five minutes total. Good luck, it’s crowded.

Stage #2 - Counter Snipers
You are over sight protection for a dignitary. Radio traffic indicates that you have 5 snipers in your area of responsibility, eliminate them.

You are on the clock to find and destroy 5 sniper teams before they eliminate your dignitary. All shots will be from the past snipers range card, hope he did good.

Stage #3 - Run for your life
Everyone else is dead and they know your location.

You are on the clock to move and eliminate all threats you encounter, using any and all weapons you have. Threats will be from contact distance to several hundreds of yards, kill them before they kill you.

Stage #4 - Sniper Alley
You are in your hide waiting for your targets of opportunity.

Snipers are in position and waiting for targets to appear. They could be movers, stop and goes, runners or stationary, don’t miss, you might not get another shot. Make sure you pee before you lay down…

Re: Tiger Valley Low light sniper match

Hopefully I can make this...first long gun match!

It was one of the mistakes that slipped through the cracks when we switched over our system. Second time in two years for super spam

I will plan on being there.
cool.gif

T.J.
I just signed up.
I've never shot a low light (night) match before. What should we bring that we wouldn't bring to a daytime match?

T.J., What will max ranges look like...and can this be shot with an AR in .223 or does the weapon need to be a more traditional sniper platform?

I'm curious if you can bring more than one platform if you're willing to pack it out? AR15+bolt gun+pistol? M14+bolt gun+pistol?

A sniper will likely pack his long gun and carry a carbine when in an urban situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brazos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T.J., What will max ranges look like...and can this be shot with an AR in .223 or does the weapon need to be a more traditional sniper platform? </div></div>

when at tiger valley....bring enough gun

Signed up, thinking it was a pistol match, but oh well.. Im ready for both. Is this a single shooter event?
I've never done a low light match. I assume we wont need night vision, FLIR, spotlights or helicopters when it gets really dark?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brazos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T.J., What will max ranges look like...and can this be shot with an AR in .223 or does the weapon need to be a more traditional sniper platform? </div></div>

when at tiger valley....bring enough gun </div></div>

Is this enough gun?

DSC02136.jpg

in Low light matches we don't plan on going past 600 yards, but we do get a little wind in Waco. Since it is low light, please bring a flash light with red cover so you don't ruin the night vision of everyone around you. All targets that you will engage will have some form of light on them, you will not need to illuminate them yourselves. Everything you start the match with you must finish with. Also this match requires that you carry all your kit, no 4-wheelers, 6-wheelers, ponies, golf carts are allowed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brazos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brazos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T.J., What will max ranges look like...and can this be shot with an AR in .223 or does the weapon need to be a more traditional sniper platform? </div></div>

when at tiger valley....bring enough gun </div></div>

Is this enough gun?

DSC02136.jpg

</div></div>

only if you know how to drive it........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me and JV will be there </div></div>

Is he putting reflective tape on his rifle this time?

Save me a spot. I'll be there with my posse.

This sucks. I have to be at Ft. Drum for an exercise and we get done on the 30th, but with two days of AAR's I am going to miss this. Todd have fun for me. Will have to make it up at the two man match in Nov.

Nate,

Shoot the Two Man and the Bash and you are good to go!

Be well..

Oh dont worry Todd I am going to be there for them. Still need to get my hands on your 500 before the matches to get the S&B locked in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me and JV will be there </div></div>

Is he putting reflective tape on his rifle this time? </div></div>

we painted it bright yellow and put motion detectors all over it so that wont happen again.

Looks like fun. I'm in.

I just looked at my fight info and I will be able to make this. Land in Austin at 1430. Wife was not realy happy, but she can deal with it.

The S&B is zeroed on the 5R, all you need is about 100 rounds of BH 175gr. We will get you a quick dope and you will be good to go. By the way, you destroy my S&B and you buy it! Also, bring a back pack, I don't have a bi-pod on the 5R so you will need to shoot it off a pack. Sorry.....

Cool. Weeds, bring it along. Todd I will baby your baby. I plan on bring my pack to move around with. I am so pumped for this.

Just registered...one of my teammates will register tomorrow. We'll see everyone down there, looking forward to it.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt">This just in from Tiger Valley...</span></span>

This e-mail is to notify you that the gates will be open at 5:00pm.

Please do not arrive before 5:00pm

The range will be in use between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm and not open to the public during those hours.

There will be no overnight camping or use of the bunkhouse.

Thank you.
--
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">T.I.G.E.R VALLEY</span></span>

----------------------------

That is all...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.J. PILLING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Everything you start the match with you must finish with. Also this match requires that you carry all your kit, no 4-wheelers, 6-wheelers, ponies, golf carts are allowed. </div></div>
Will this be like the Team match where each stage will be ran ran simultaneously or will we move as one group? If we bring a gas gun and bolt gun are we allowed to switch between stages?

Sounds like you can switch, pull one off your back and put the other one on
grin.gif

Very fun match TJ.
I really enjoyed shooting the movers at night on the long range stage.

Thanks again. Can't wait for the next one!

Congratulations to Jason (Triton19) for the win!

I had a great time it was my first match, I didnt do so well on the 800-300 range but did pretty good on the other stages. Will be back for sure.

It was a good match overall, had a great time. Just wish there had been a little more pistol
eek.gif

Where can the results be found?
Thanks..

Thanks to T.J., Benjamin,Brent,Bruce,Chris and everyone else for a fun match.

Had it been like the typical Tiger Valley match (Run,run,run,climb,fall down,shoot,climb then run some more) I can assure you the results would have been very different. For me atleast.
laugh.gif

Jason

Wow, when I left Saturday night I was 6th, now I'm 9th, that sucks. First place has also changed
frown.gif

Hey...I bumped up from 7th to 6th. Bribes do work
laugh.gif