• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley Lowlight match update

SFC Carpentier jr

Minuteman
May 14, 2002
Corpus Christi TX
www.angelfire.com
Started a new topic on the TV Lowlight Sniper match. This will be an AAR and also rundown on the course of fire.

Before I get started I would like to say THANK YOU to TJ and company for putting this match on. The course of fire were well though out and the RO were very friendly and kept the stages going.

Now for a rundown on the match. Our group started on the first stage which I will call the building stage. At this stage the shooter started with all his equipment on him and holding on to his rifle. The shooter was given a binder that had photos of at least five different views of the front of 8 buildings. Down range at 80 yards were 8 cardboard building that had different windows. Of course the building looked the same as the photos you were given. In the windows were toy soliders. On the signal, the shooter dropped down and loaded his rifle, he then opened the binder and looked through the different pages. The photos of the front of the buildings had circles around the windows that had the threat. The shooter was to engage the toy soliders in those windows. You had 4 rounds and four minutes to complete the event.

The next event was the tower stage. We started on the tower with our rifle on the deck unloaded. We loaded our pistol and holstered. Down range was 3 steel ISPC targets at about 25 yards and 8 LARUE targets that were from 366 yards to 510 yards out. Before you started on the stage you were given a range card with a distance to all the targets. Once you looked at the card you then gave it to the next shooter that was on deck. On the signal, you were to draw your handgun and engage the three steel IPSC targets. Once those targets were hit, you were to clear your handgun and drop down, load and engage the Larue targets with your rifle. The time limit for this stage was 3 minutes.

The next stage was the Mad Bomber stage. The shooter again started with all there gear and holding there rifle. Down range at 80 yards were four target backers that had photos of different women. There had to be at least two hundred different photos. The shooter was given a photo. Once he recieved the photo the time would start. You had four minutes to look at the photo, find it on the target backer and engage it with one shot. You could look at the photo as long as wanted with in the four minutes, but once you were on glass you could NOT look at the photo again.

Once it got dark we shot the last stage. This stage was shot on the 1000 yard KD range. We started at 800 yards. Once the load command was given you were to look down range and find your target number. Your number was on an IPSC paper target that would come out of the PITS. You had to be looking for your number and you would not know when your target would come up. Once your target came up you had 15 seconds to fire four rounds on your target. Sometimes one target would come out or maybe two targets would come out. The target line was lit up by a set of lights and the ISPC target was white. The good think about this was that all the shooters were helping each other out. Once a target or targets would come out, the shooters on the line would call the numbers out. This helped many of the shooters out. We also did the same thing at 600 yards. We also shot at 300 yards. At this yard line we had different exposures. Some times the target was stationary, sometimes it was moving or it move, stop and move again. Of course each time it would come up the target was to be engaged with four rounds.

Like I said the match and course of fire were good, but there were a few problems. They wanted to get the match started a little early to be able to run three of the stages during daylight hours. They start about an hour early from what was posted. People were still driving up during the briefing. Also there was a problem with the scoring. Once it was brought up they tryed to correct it on the spot.

Re: Tiger Valley Lowlight match update

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the problem with the scoring?
</div></div>

On the tower stage some shooters were given only 9 hits out of 11 and that change there time and score. Like I said when they were shown the mistake the scores were corrected.

Well I'm on vacation in Avon Colorado right now, or I would have been there, sounds like another fun time I missed

Where can the results be found? Thanks...

I really wanted to do this one but, I was out of town.... arrrrg!