• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley this weekend 22nd Saturday. Waco, TX

jwoolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
Anybody going to the open shoot?

I was thinking of going out to Tac Pro but, I'd much rather shoot with pit service.

Anyone else planning on going?

Re: Tiger Valley this weekend 22nd Saturday. Waco, TX

Nobody going to Waco to shoot at Tiger Valley this Saturday?

Guess I'll have the whole place to myself!!!!!

It'd be cool to have at least one other person so we could take turns pulling targets!

We've been out here all week. The wind is kicking at 15-25mph with some gusts at 25mph. Anywhere from 1/4 to full value...it's tough.

Eh, that's the best kind of practice!!!

I'm going in from Dallas, should get there around 8am.

I'm sure you can still shoot if you get there late but, most try to show up at 8am.

It really all depends on what everyone wants to do but, usually everyone gets a 200yd zero and keeps backing up till you get to the 1000yd line.

Then again, if not too many show up, you may end up shooting steel or whatever else you decide.

Insayn...

If you are still gonna be there on saturday can you keep an eye out for a bud of mine. This will be his first real venture in to LR. His name is Bobby.

Cheers..

-Wil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Supa_Fly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Insayn...

If you are still gonna be there on saturday can you keep an eye out for a bud of mine. This will be his first real venture in to LR. His name is Bobby.

Cheers..

-Wil </div></div>

Sorry, we just left. We spent the week down there and the wife wanted me home. Plus I burned through 500+ rounds and didn't have anymore with me. It was definately a great weekend and we enjoyed the company of TJ and Bruce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've been out here all week. The wind is kicking at 15-25mph with some gusts at 25mph. Anywhere from 1/4 to full value...it's tough.

</div></div>

Yep, we had 7-25mph gusts and it was switching directions... arrrg. It's fun and, you learn a LOT but, it is humbling.

Yesterday was a blast. Excessively windy but I had some good shots every now and then despite being my first time out shooting to 1000 yds. Just confirms that you just need to get out and shoot as much as possible to be able to figure those kinds of shifting wind conditions out.

As much fun as the shooting was the people were equally great to hang out with.

Lynn got some pictures and a LOT of video.... not sure I'll mess with the video but, I'll get a few pictures up of the event probably tomorrow.

That was some of the toughest wind I've ever shot in.....

It was fun though and, it's the experience you gain from shooting in conditions like that that mean the most.

I'd been mostly watching mirage but, it can lie to you. Your rifle is only focused on the mirage at one distance.... I got tripped up a couple of times because of that and at 1000yds, it's easy to see when. haha

I still shot pretty well overall. ( for me ) My loads shot REALLY well. No issues ever with elevation. The wind was shifting and then, it'd die off completely then gust in a 3/4 value, die then pick back up at 1/4 value between shots.

After having a great day at the range killing 4" skeet at 1000yds the other day, yesterday was a humbling experience. haha

I caught a lot of the changes but, I missed some too.... missed a couple by 2' LOL

I was only trying to take head shots yesterday and, ( I know ), in those conditions it ain't easy. But, for example, the target comes up... I missed by 1.5moa to the left.... I look up, the mirage looks the same, I make a correction, fire again and, I missed by 1moa to the right!!!

It was one of those days. The flags were telling more than the mirage or, I should say that I was ignoring the flags a bit too much.

I installed a new radio in my truck friday, and for some reason, forgot to turn the damn thing off when I was done.. Needless to say, when I was ready to leave... Nothing. Hooked the charger up to it and it still wouldnt crank. Batteries were f-ed, so I had to pick up new ones. By then it was 9am, so I said F it.. Im bumbed I missed it.

Good crew, mostly squared away. All listened to corrections and direction resulting in everybody squared away. (I belive?) Once again I was dressed down for my happy attitude by an attendee. All good, enjoy life, verbally, mentaly spar, and by the way I won. These are very informational shoots as far as wind, mirage and elevation at range. I may actually shoot one when I don't have to work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GAU19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again I was dressed down for my happy attitude by an attendee. All good, enjoy life, verbally, mentaly spar, and by the way I won. </div></div>

I think that was my lovely wife that did that, Sir. She loves to jack with ... well, pretty much anyone. haha She says her name is, "Mrs. attendee"
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
She has fun everywhere she goes so, don't expect to get treated any different than anyone else by her. haha If she sees some way to jack with someone, she's going to pounce and laugh and you're going to pounce and laugh back!

This was her first event and, since she wasn't the only wife out there, she had a BLAST. I just opened the bed of the truck and put her in the back with a spotting scope and, she sat there the whole day watching us and taking pictures and video. ( while I put gear back there and drove from firing line to firing line ) hahah

I think I may make the little camera video(s) into something I can post up on youtube.

I've never seen my rifle fire before..... wow, the muzzle brake works pretty well. ( looked like the blast went 10' from side to side )New loads and, they're going about 2875fps... 300wm shooting 220 SMK... I was only at 26.25 elevation from a 100yd zero at the 1000yd line. The brass won't last long like that but, the damned thing is driving nails... 4 reloads and throw it away... the primers won't stay in anymore. hahahah

I checked the throat again today and, it's .002 further out than it was.... LOL

Meh, I guess barrels are like tires, you change them when they start to suck.

I'm already contemplating my next barrel but, this one is shooting great right now.

Does anyone know anyone in the area that does the barrel treatment that lengthens the life of the barrel? I forget what the process is called.... Hell, I'll call Mr. Gene tomorrow and see what he thinks.