• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 2 stage trigger. Reducing the 1st stage?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    I have a TacA1 w/ the factory 2 stage trigger. I've moved my trigger weights to under a pound as my preference but the 1st stage on the factory Tikka 2 stage is approx. 13 oz and if I go lower than a total of 1+lb, you can't 'feel' the wall of the 2nd stage unless you pull very slowly and deliberately. Even then you can easily pull through the 'wall' and into the 2nd stage release. It essentially becomes a one stage since the 2nd stage is so much lower than the 1st.

I have adjusted it to approx. 16-18 oz total weight which keeps the 1st stage usable but I'd like to lighten that first stage and I'm wondering if the Yo Dave spring or similar does this or if there's another way to lower the 1st stage weight. Also the 1st stage is a bit 'springy' and hoping a solution will help reduce that.

Overall I'm very happy with the Tikka 2 stage and the weight I have it at now but it's certainly not as good as a TT Diamond two stage I have in my Vudoo. I'm not looking to replace the trigger either. But if you're selling one cheap...

Thanks in advance.

Get a standard Tikka trigger and a spring kit for that, the cheapest option for ruining a good setup... 😉 (if you can't manage the factory weight, you really need som trigger time...).

The expletives! Oh well....

Don't fuck with the factory trigger! If you can't shoot with it at factory setting, you're a wuss. Learn how to shoot you wimp!

Get a standard T3x trigger and a Yo Dave spring kit, it's bolt on dammit! And the most affordable option available, you cheap maggot!

It won't be a bleeding two stage, but I doubt it'll matter in your case....

Clearer now? 😁

• Haha
    Reactions: carbonbased
    You say don't mess with the factory trigger. Then suggest to swap out the factory trigger for a different factory trigger and put in a trigger spring? But if he puts a trigger spring in, he's a wuss?

If you have an AR, you can steal the bolt catch spring (or buy one for $0.15) to swap it in and try it. Quick way to test if a lighter spring will work.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    You say don't mess with the factory trigger. Then suggest to swap out the factory trigger for a different factory trigger and put in a trigger spring? But if he puts a trigger spring in, he's a wuss?

If you have an AR, you can steal the bolt catch spring (or buy one for $0.15) to swap it in and try it. Quick way to test if a lighter spring will work.
    Yes, because the two stage triggers have more springs than one, and these needs to work together to give the right trigger pull (as he has already found out).

Yes, because too many triggers have been wrecked by people not knowing what they are doing (the pre -13 TRG trigger is a fine example).

Yes, not being able to handle the light trigger pull of 3(?) lbs (factory setting) you really need to work on that trigger finger action.

The expletives! Oh well....

Don't fuck with the factory trigger! If you can't shoot with it at factory setting, you're a wuss. Learn how to shoot you wimp!

Get a standard T3x trigger and a Yo Dave spring kit, it's bolt on dammit! And the most affordable option available, you cheap maggot!

It won't be a bleeding two stage, but I doubt it'll matter in your case....

Clearer now? 😁
    It's pretty clear you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

The Tikka TacA1 comes from the factory with an adjustable two stage trigger. Only the 2nd stage is adjustable. I was hoping someone may have a spring swap or other method to lighten the 1st stage as at 13 oz. it's too much for a very light 2nd stage. Yes I realize I'm pushing the boundaries of the factory trigger. Hence the question. I was wanting to not spend money on a $300+ trigger and before I did I thought I'd ask.

But here you are confounding the situation with some shitty advice and indicating I don't know how to pull a trigger. And then following up with more derogatory terms.

Reactions: littlepod
    I have the reduced spring installed on the factory two stage on the Tac A1. The second stage breaks at about 15 oz and it's decent. There's a definitive wall for the second stage, I've never had an ND due to pulling the trigger all the way. I don't like the really long first stage travel of these things. It's nothing like the Trigger Tech Special 2 stage.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    It's pretty clear you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

The Tikka TacA1 comes from the factory with an adjustable two stage trigger. Only the 2nd stage is adjustable. I was hoping someone may have a spring swap or other method to lighten the 1st stage as at 13 oz. it's too much for a very light 2nd stage. Yes I realize I'm pushing the boundaries of the factory trigger. Hence the question. I was wanting to not spend money on a $300+ trigger and before I did I thought I'd ask.

But here you are confounding the situation with some shitty advice and indicating I don't know how to pull a trigger. And then following up with more derogatory terms.
    The derogatory terms were started by you unless you count the jibe about leaving well enough alone.

I've got a Tikka 2-stage myself and has looked well into the construction. It's up to you to accept that or not. Only one spring is adjustable since the other two are internal and good luck trying to change those and finding the correct spring rates.

Your choice: Start meddling with a $400+ factory trigger or get a cheaper replacement...

The derogatory terms were started by you unless you count the jibe about leaving well enough alone.

I've got a Tikka 2-stage myself and has looked well into the construction. It's up to you to accept that or not. Only one spring is adjustable since the other two are internal and good luck trying to change those and finding the correct spring rates.

Your choice: Start meddling with a $400+ factory trigger or get a cheaper replacement...

(if you can't manage the factory weight, you really need som trigger time...).

Listen fuckstick, I didn't start shit with you. You're so fucking retarded that you can't even contemplate how your first fucking post would be taken by a complete fucking stranger. Then you finish with what you should have just fucking began with instead pulling your little dick out to wave it around like we'd be impressed. It was a simple fucking question that required a simple fucking answer as shown just above. But apparently you're fucking smarter than me and you needed to show off or something. I hope we've given you all the attention your fragile ego requires.

Why don't you just ride the fuck on and bother someone else.

Listen fuckstick, I didn't start shit with you. You're so fucking retarded that you can't even contemplate how your first fucking post would be taken by a complete fucking stranger. Then you finish with what you should have just fucking began with instead pulling your little dick out to wave it around like we'd be impressed. It was a simple fucking question that required a simple fucking answer as shown just above. But apparently you're fucking smarter than me and you needed to show off or something. I hope we've given you all the attention your fragile ego requires.

You got a simple answer, guess it wasn't simple enough...

As for fragile ego, it's not my panties in a bunch.

Well, good luck with your endeavor, it seems you'll need it.

Easy Killer, this is kinda out of character from what I’ve seen from you in my time on SH.
    If you need to vent, I’m willing to listen with no judgment and no suggestions if that what you want.
    if you want to try a KRG Midas, I have a couple in two rifles if that will help make your decision easier.
    I‘ll even supply the ammo and a beer or 12 afterwards.