• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 20" 6.5 CM CTR Loads

jpistolero02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
Austin, TX
I ran an OCW awhile back and came up with 41.6 H4350 with 130 Berger VLD's. I didn't have my chrono at the time, so I had no idea what kind of velocity I was running. Today I went back out to run a seating depth test and used the chrono. My velocities were very consistent across all the loads, but only averaged around 2493. I am using Lapua brass and 450 primers. I feel like I need to move up to the next higher node to have any velocity to run out past 500 yards. What do you guys think? The smallest group was just over .25" and the largest just over .5". I have been impressed with this "cheap" rifle, box stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 9
Seems pretty slow to me. I would try to work my way up to 2700 if I could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Seems like it's really slow, especially with the 130's. You should be doing 5 shot groups to make things a bit more meaningful.

Yeah, that's slow. For comparison my Grendel is 100fps slower but uses 13 grains less. You should find another node up around the 43.1 range in your creedmoor. Though with a 20" barrel varget might be worth a look.

That definitely seems slow. There was a test somewhere where they were cutting a creedmoor barrel down inch by inch, and with 142 SMK's they were getting above 2600.

Seemed really slow to me as well. I just have a cheap Pro Chrono, but none the less I will test some charges in the 43 range. I should also have more time to shoot at distance to see what the dope is telling me. Thanks for the help.