• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka 223 varmint, manners, CDI

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
$old
No longer for trade

IMG_20190505_150504.jpg
Built this and just haven't done anything with it.

Stainless Tikka varmint 223, manners T4, CDI bottom metal, Murphy precision rail

Last edited:
Something I don't have and might use more than this ... So try me I guess lol

I'm a little heavy on bolt guns currently (hence this listing), but possibly other caliber conversions / barrels for DT SRS or Fix by Q rifle...

Bighorn TL3 maybe

Lighter gas guns are certainly on my short list.

Few various scopes I'd be interested in trying. Shorter & lighter "tactical" scopes in mil preferred.

Put towards a thermal scope upgrade maybe.

For pistol use I'm pretty confined to 9mm and 22lr.

I'm sure there is other stuff I'm not thinking to list though... I hate making lists

Trying to think out other trade interests to list... I'm willing to go plus or minus cash for balances, or add other items to cover large differences.

MP5K clones, FN Scar, Bighorn TL3, Trijicon / NVision thermal units (especially m300), bump helmet set ups, lighter weight gas guns (Christensen arms carbon models for example), lots of scopes... Think short, lighter, illuminated.

Feel free to snowball stuff, as there is more stuff I'd like to try out than I can ever list out. Thanks

Custom Rem 700 sporter in 6x45. Shilen Barrel and Trigger. Low mileage. Brass and dies included

Would you be interested in a Sako Finnlight in .30-06 with a Shilen Select Match 10 twist barrel?

Got a couple question asking about groups

Just to clarify by saying I haven't done anything with this one means it hasn't been fired beyond proofing round.

I've put a mag of ammo through it without firing to check feeding and ejection. Tried this with one mag each of loaded and empty brass without issue.

But I can't give groups as it hasn't been shot, thanks

How about an extremely lightweight AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Proof Carbon fiber 20" barreled 2A Xanthos. 2A handguard. Never fired. Geissele SSA-e trigger. Cerakoted tungsten with genuine ferrari red paint accents. Magpul CTR stock. I have not even tightened the barrel nut yet as I did not have a reaction rod or a way to clamp the receiver. We would have to discuss relative value.

@ebaas Really no interest in splitting the rifle apart, but thanks for the interest

@Liftman101 sounds a little flashier than I'd do myself, but the extremely lightweight part has me curious at least. I'll send you a message

Not much red. He painted it inside the handguard. The rifle weighs 7 lbs 9 oz. Not a true lightweight but excellent for an AR10. The proof barrel is heavier than you would expect. It is a Bull barrel with a large diameter. It has a Troy .875" gas block and a rifle +2 extra long gas tube. According to Proof, no adjustable gas block required as it will not be over gassed. I used a chromed bolt carrier with a JP high pressure bolt supplied by Proof. Standard short AR10 carbine buffer. I kept a simple CTR stock but added a limbsaver
AR10.jpg
pad.

Just looking for trades only or complete rifle sale possible?

Trying to think out other trade interests to list... I'm willing to go plus or minus cash for balances, or add other items to cover large differences.

MP5K clones, FN Scar, Bighorn TL3, Trijicon / NVision thermal units (especially m300), bump helmet set ups, lighter weight gas guns (Christensen arms carbon models for example), lots of scopes... Think short, lighter, illuminated.

Feel free to snowball stuff, as there is more stuff I'd like to try out than I can ever list out. Thanks

Will this shoot 5.56?

What would you consider a $$$ value? Just wondering abut trade offers.

If you have any interest in a 45acp I have a Kimber stainless gold match II with less than 100 rounds through it and extra Wilson mags.
It's just to pretty to beat around in the woods with so I usually carry my G21 for that.

@WB300 Steiner might work towards it, but I wouldn't make that an even trade. Thanks

@Maggot I sent you a message about the 5.56/223 question, and so far I've blown somewhere between 2,300-2,400 in this thing after thinking I just had to have a 223... Turns out I still prefer my 22lrs playing around house, or take a bigger caliber when going to the range

@XLR308 those are some nice looking pistols, but a long way from my wheelhouse I'm afraid

Reactions: XLR308
A freakin steal!

Leaving for Disney in 3 days so a bit out of my wheelhouse right now.

Would love to have this and even have a new scope on the shelf and Seekins rings for it...... ?

@Maggot
While not familiar with the Tikka .223 chamber, some .223 chambers may have a shorter throat for some of the 556 rounds. This could cause pressure issues.

One could have a smith pull the barrel and for with the Wylde chamber which mitigates that.

Had LRI chamber a fresh one that way for me and it was a hammer. Shot 55gr 556 surprisingly well, Hornady 68 and 75 match in an unreal fashion.

@PlinkIt

this is 1/8 twist?
Barrel length?

Thanks.

also, what mags were you feeding this with?

I know one of my tikkas will not feed from a magpul AICS with CDI DBM, so not sure if this BF and set-up would.

still tempted.......

#resistbuyingniceguns#. ?

I'm not even aware of Magpul AICS pattern mags in 223...

I got accurate mags in metal and loaded a mag of loaded ammo and a mag of empty brass through it just to make sure it functioned correctly

they appear to be functioning perfectly

Reactions: powdahound76