• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 3 Feed Problem

fsfty

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
I went to the range with my brother today to zero in his new Tikka 3 30-06 rifle, and he was having failure to feed issues with every other round using Winchester Super X ammo. He then tried Federal ammo, and it worked flawlessly. We then went to the store where he bought it and the gun cycled Federal, Remington and another brand perfectly. When the salesman tried to cycle Winchester, it wouldn't feed properly again. He tried 3 different types of Winchester ammo (including $60 for 20), and it wouldn't feed right. Is this common that a rifle wouldn't feed a particular brand of ammo properly?

Re: Tikka 3 Feed Problem

No not really,

however different types of bullets can be hard to feed in some rifles,

could it be that all the win ammo tried were 180 or more grain ammo? Or the bullets were blunt?

Other than that I don´t know, apparently win differs at some one critical measure.

Best regards Chris