• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka 7SAUM (First build finished and getting returned)

Mxracer532

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
WA State
After all these issues below then having my mag show up today damaged. I sent the Smith Pics of the mag and told him this whole ordeal has been very unprofessional. He then called me and cussed me out for a couple minutes calling me an asshole and a dick ect....... He then told me to just bring it back and he would refund my $. I said fine, And that I would be down. He then said I would have to schedule it. ( He did order me a new mag but at this point my first semi custom has turned into a very undesirable experience and I can't see myself ever being happy with this rifle. So my plan is to return.

This is my first ever semi custom build. When I got the call it was finished I was beyond excited, only to get a call from my brother who went to pick it up for me to have the excitement flushed down the shitter. This is not my MBM Beast brake it was supposed to have. Smith refused to install it and even told my brothers it wouldn't work.
Then when I called he changed his story to he didn't realize it was in my gun case, yet still refused to install so now I will have to pay AGAIN to have my MBM brake installed.
He also said he never got my Hells Canyon mag that I sent with my dummy rounds. (Clearly he got those) but didn't have them either. He then said the guy who did my custom chamber (he only chambered to SAMMI SPEC) must still have it. About 3 hrs later he text me and says his helper left my mag and dummy rounds in the case he used to ship to the guy he uses to chamber custom chambers.
Needless to say this experience was far from great and ruined my excitement of having this 8+ year in the making rifle done.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200710165706472_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful gun man. Ag composites apline stock? Brake looks nice that is on there, I'd leave it on and go shoot that thing.

Beautiful gun man. Ag composites apline stock? Brake looks nice that is on there, I'd leave it on and go shoot that thing.
Yes AG Alpine Hunter stock.
Brake looks nice, but it's not what I wanted and what I paid for. I shot it yesterday. Brake was nothing to write home about. It even come loose throwing my groups off untill my brother noticed it.

Sorry to hear about the problems. Always frustrating to get let down. No chance of swapping it yourself? I suppose it needs to be timed correctly. It’s a beautiful rifle. I appreciate the lefty from a fellow lefty. Let us know how it shoots. I’ve been wanting a 7 SAUM as well.

Sorry to hear about the problems. Always frustrating to get let down. No chance of swapping it yourself? I suppose it needs to be timed correctly. It’s a beautiful rifle. I appreciate the lefty from a fellow lefty. Let us know how it shoots. I’ve been wanting a 7 SAUM as well.
Unfortunately no, having to have it timed isn't something I can do and having to pay another smith to install really sucks. So I have an email into Nathan (Muzzle Brakes and More) to see if I can return my beast that the smith won't install and update to his self timing beast. Titanium? 🤔

Reactions: The D
Unfortunately no, having to have it timed isn't something I can do and having to pay another smith to install really sucks. So I have an email into Nathan (Muzzle Brakes and More) to see if I can return my beast that the smith won't install and update to his self timing beast. Titanium? 🤔
Yes, titanium is always the answer. If you can justify the extra cost, of course...

Reactions: Mxracer532
7SAUM - Hell yes. I have a barrel on order with PVA and I'm past ready to lay my hands on it. Excited.

Great looking rifle!
I'm jealous regardless of your MB problems. I'm liking what you have there .
Don't let that Smith ruin your 8 yr wait get that bad boy the way you want and never do business there again

Yea
That’s odd and suspect.
Apparently? He didn't have the chamber reamer/stuff to chamber it to my specs (only had SAMMI spec reamer and there was no way in hell I was going to handicap this round to a short action chamber so instead of me walking away from the build entirely (with him) he said he had a guy that would chamber it to my specs.

7SAUM - Hell yes. I have a barrel on order with PVA and I'm past ready to lay my hands on it. Excited.

Great looking rifle!
I'm jealous regardless of your MB problems. I'm liking what you have there .
Don't let that Smith ruin your 8 yr wait get that bad boy the way you want and never do business there again

It wasn't just the MB, he told my brothers that he had never got my Hells Canyon mag (that had my dummy rounds) Then told them it wouldn't work with his bottom metal that also excepts factory mags ( Hells Canyon mag fits factory bottom metal)
The factory mag sags a good 1/2inch in the action now and won't cycle anything. (Mag retention spring needs fixed) All this shit is something the customer should NEVER have to deal with considering your supposed to be a professional gun Smith. Never use again is an understatement. 👍

what caliber was your donor? What did you do to the bolt to make the move to 7SAUM? Nice looking gun

I have a Tac A1 that I am mulling a caliber change for when I re-barrel. I like the shouldered prefit concept and want to stay w same bolt face if possible. LRI says they are making replacement bolts for it soon so maybe can just go w new bolt/caliber.

Reactions: reubenski
Sooo pissed, I just updated my original post.

Hate that for you. Was looking forward to seeing you get it figured out and letting us know how it shot. Can’t blame you for wanting to get out of it. At a certain point I wouldn’t want him having my money either.

There’s plenty of excellent and accommodating smiths out there. Hopefully you can get a fresh start on a new build and have a good experience. Best of luck

Hate that for you. Was looking forward to seeing you get it figured out and letting us know how it shot. Can’t blame you for wanting to get out of it. At a certain point I wouldn’t want him having my money either.

There’s plenty of excellent and accommodating smiths out there. Hopefully you can get a fresh start on a new build and have a good experience. Best of luck

I'm sooo disappointed it's not funny. This was something I only planned on doing once. (Semi/custom build) It takes my family along time to come up with the $ it takes to invest in something like this.
To top it off Bear season starts next month and I drew a once in a lifetime Washington State Bull moose permit for October 1st. This rifle was to be my second option as I'm an avid archery Hunter so a bull moose with a bow is a dream. I'm am just floored at how this all played out.

I'm sooo disappointed it's not funny. This was something I only planned on doing once. (Semi/custom build) It takes my family along time to come up with the $ it takes to invest in something like this.
To top it off Bear season starts next month and I drew a once in a lifetime Washington State Bull moose permit for October 1st. This rifle was to be my second option as I'm an avid archery Hunter so a bull moose with a bow is a dream. I'm am just floored at how this all played out.
It’s unfortunate you had to put up with that.
What bullet you plan on using?

Bummer deal dude! I threw Area 419's Hellfire on my 300 Rum and it knocked the starch right out of it. I know it's pricey but it's self timing and it definitely calms down magnum rounds. I plan on putting one on my 7 Saum here shortly.

Apart from the frustration you went through. You have a beautiful rifle chambered in a super kick ass cartridge. These Saums absolutely HAMMER! Get that puppy out and shoot it!

Bummer deal dude! I threw Area 419's Hellfire on my 300 Rum and it knocked the starch right out of it. I know it's pricey but it's self timing and it definitely calms down magnum rounds. I plan on putting one on my 7 Saum here shortly.

Apart from the frustration you went through. You have a beautiful rifle chambered in a super kick ass cartridge. These Saums absolutely HAMMER! Get that puppy out and shoot it!

Bottom line is, after getting called a dick by the smith and all my issues I just can't see myself representing his company and being happy or satisfied with it. As much as I want to love the shit out of it, all I think about is all the bullshit I had to deal with and I just get upset. Just not worth it IMO.

Bottom line is, after getting called a dick by the smith and all my issues I just can't see myself representing his company and being happy or satisfied with it. As much as I want to love the shit out of it, all I think about is all the bullshit I had to deal with and I just get upset. Just not worth it IMO.

Yeah that would be hard to stomach for sure. Is he just gonna give you cash for the whole thing or give you your parts back and some coin?

I have a sidewinder on my 7 saum.
It’s pretty damn effective.

Yeah that would be hard to stomach for sure. Is he just gonna give you cash for the whole thing or give you your parts back and some coin?
All I want is refunded for the bottom metal, barrel and brake install. I will have another smith chamber and install a Proof when I find one.

Reactions: KenRUM
You think it's that much ahead of the Hellfire?? I was looking at the Sidewinder as well. I am going back and forth between the two.
Probably not a huge difference, If you going to carry it I’d definitely get the hellfire or even a insite Heathen.
Sidewinder is not lightweight.

Recently had a very similar crap experience on my first semi custom build, also on a tikka action.
For now I won’t say what or why, but what are the chances I get a bum stock inlet, and a bum barrel and it makes it to me? I’m giving the builder a chance to make it right.
Not what I expected when I bucked up over 2k for a semi custom build.
Your not the only one.

I know the feeling man, 4 months later and I’m still waiting on my build. Could’ve got an AI for the money this fucking thing is costing me.....

Tikka makes wonderful actions. I'm a south paw as well, have several of them that I built myselr.