• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka action only

Blue72

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
Are these available on their own ?

If not, are there any custom actions that are just as smooth and light bolt lift as the tikka for around $500?

I’m not aware of tikka actions available separately and there aren’t any custom actions available for that cheap. But all is not lost, tikka’s are made well enough that shouldered barrels are available from plenty of companies. Pick an action with a bolt face that offers a few(or several) cartridges that you are interested in shooting. Use the time spent shooting out the factory barrel to save $$ for some different barrels and some tools to change them and before you know it, you’ve got yourself a kickass switch barrel rifle with a whole stable of different barrels

^^^Doing exactly this myself right now. Have two other Tikka CTR already that I have left alone other than a move to MPA chassis. Working on a new build. Purchase a Tikka Lite around $600 then a barrel and some tools as suggested. Just did the barrel swap the other day. Here is a link to the thread I started to share the build.

This is the best price I can find on a new Tikka. $490. Not bad, especially if you’re just looking for an action and trigger:

Reactions: physguy88
So these are your options...

I thought they were sub $1k but I guess my memory was off...

Reactions: Blue72
So these are your options...

I thought they were sub $1k but I guess my memory was off...
A barreled action with trigger for that price is pretty decent.

Reactions: stello1001

If not, are there any custom actions that are just as smooth and light bolt lift as the tikka for around $500?

What are you planning??? A stock Tikka is a great rifle. Maybe find one with a caliber your looking for and go shoot.

There is one in the equipment PX. Not $500 but still not often to find a Takka action by itself

Tikka T3X Varmint in 223 or 6.5CM - get gunsmith to thread 5/8x24. I got the 223 and dropped into KRG Bravo

Reactions: Islas82
You can find decent deals on tikka rifles on gun broker. Personally I love the platform. I think it’s better option than most of the cheaper custom actions.

There are multiple Tikka T3s for sale used around Atlanta for $500 +/-

i know this is an old thread.....but in case there's still someone wondering:

International Barrels makes Ultimatum DeFacto Action which is on Tikka footprint and can accept a Rem 700 trigger.....a sweetspot, isn't it?
Just buy a Tikka and you can get shouldered prefit barrels from several places. And that has to be the worst name ever for an action. :)

Tikka makes a good action(have several), but no way in hell would I spend 600$ on a Tikka VS paying 900$ for an origin or CDG action if I was starting from scratch. If it requires you to save for another month or two, do it. Accuracy isn't a question, but the options within the aftermarket support for 700 clones VS a Tikka is a major difference, however better than it used to be.