• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka action wrench and barrel vise for rent?

sprink21

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Finally received my Proof 7 PRC prefit for my Tikka T3x action. Is there a shop that you can rent action wrenches and barrel vises from?

I know the stock barrels I tried to remove were stuck. For the money, send it to LRI to do the work. That‘s what I plan to do with another CTR that I have…. And I have a vise and action wrenches.

New barrel is on hand tight. Just need it torqued

Attachments

• 0BF6DE08-F20F-48DB-96F1-7135E36E0B82.jpeg
    0BF6DE08-F20F-48DB-96F1-7135E36E0B82.jpeg
    879.5 KB · Views: 64
post up your location. Someone near may offer to loan you the tools

Reactions: sprink21
I picked up an action wrench off Ebay, showed up in 2 days. It worked perfectly. I also had a bare action that I got from J/A.

just buy the wrench and vise. trust me, this won't be your only tikka prefit...

Did you buy a vise also or is there a trick to get by without one?
you should be able to get by with a shop/machine/wood vise, something that will apply enough pressure to keep the barrel from spinning. the key is that you want to secure it on the shank which is only a few inches long, and not on the carbon.

Husky strap wrench on the barrel. Tighten and shoot. It works well.

Buy a mechforce vise for $100. Throw away the leather piece that comes with it and just wrap the barrel with a bit of paper and it won’t slip. I just C-clamp mine to the table when I want to use it. It will set you back $100. There isn’t a need to spend more on a barrel vice.

This is the one I use. Works great.

Reactions: Dendro
Viper works fine . I have changed many barrels with one , sporter to straight pipes .