• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka Beavertail screws?

RMS65

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2019
I want to replace the front sling studs on my Tikkas with the same flush fitting screws that attaches the beavertails to them. Does anyone know where I can get those screws? Berretta only list a pic rail and a butt pad in their Tikka parts page.

Thanks
Ron

I want to replace the front sling studs on my Tikkas with the same flush fitting screws that attaches the beavertails to them. Does anyone know where I can get those screws? Berretta only list a pic rail and a butt pad in their Tikka parts page.

Thanks
Ron
Have you taken one from the beavertail and tried it for fit ? If so and it works, any good hardware store will have metric screws .

Have you taken one from the beavertail and tried it for fit ? If so and it works, any good hardware store will have metric screws .
Thanks I have tried the screw from the beavertail it fits fine. It is 5mm but is countersunk oddly. 5mm thread is close enough to 10/32" that the both size screws fit. I haven't been able to find 5mm or 10/32 that's counter sunk the same way or with a small enough head to fit in the recess. The best I can come up with so far is a thin pan head 10/32 that still sticks out of the stock a little bit. Unfortunately the screw hangs up on the rail I rest the gun on. I could probably reverse the screws font to rear but I'd prefer they match for aesthetics.

OE screw and sling stud on left. Best fitting hardware store on right. It happens to be too short to fit the rear Beavertail screw hole. It's off to buy a longer screw or call Beretta.

Attachments

• 20240523_104739.jpg
    20240523_104739.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 24
Well Beretta was predictably useless. "It's not a part we don't typically sell". They referred me to the hardware stores. F'N useless. I probably have seven Tikkas. Now I pray I never need another part for one.

Well Beretta was predictably useless. "It's not a part we don't typically sell". They referred me to the hardware stores. F'N useless. I probably have seven Tikkas. Now I pray I never need another part for one.
McMaster Carr is sometimes useful. Not sure if you need 90° or 100° but 90° are easier to find.

They have some 316 stainless metric 100° counter sink screws. Problem is they start at ~$2.50 each.
McMaster-Carr Page:
https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/met...-of-measurement~metric/countersink-angle~100/

McMaster Carr is sometimes useful. Not sure if you need 90° or 100° but 90° are easier to find.

They have some 316 stainless metric 100° counter sink screws. Problem is they start at ~$2.50 each.
McMaster-Carr Page:
https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/met...-of-measurement~metric/countersink-angle~100/
Thank you. The head on their 100* flat heads is too large in diameter. The rest of the stuff they have is basically have the same stuff I already have. I'm just going to put the flush OE screw on the front where it rides the bag and I'll put the HW store thin button heads on the rear. Thank you for trying.

Thank you. The head on their 100* flat heads is too large in diameter. The rest of the stuff they have is basically have the same stuff I already have. I'm just going to put the flush OE screw on the front where it rides the bag and I'll put the HW store thin button heads on the rear. Thank you for trying.
What Dia do you need?

What Dia do you need?
The OE head diameter is 9.3 mm and there's not much room to spare. I'm ok using what I have now. The button head sticking out a little at the rear wont affect performance. I was hoping to match them front to rear for aesthetics but it's not worth turning the world upside down. Thanks again but don't worry about it.

The OE head diameter is 9.3 mm and there's not much room to spare. I'm ok using what I have now. The button head sticking out a little at the rear wont affect performance. I was hoping to match them front to rear for aesthetics but it's not worth turning the world upside down. Thanks again but don't worry about it.
90° 9.3mm dia torx head exist if you ever decide you need them. 9.2mm exist but they're only philips or flat. Both much cheaper.

Reactions: RMS65