• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka Builders?

Cobracutter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Feb 28, 2006
NOVA
Tikka Builders?

Is there anyone out there that builds these up? That doesn't have a 5 year wait?

Throw a new barrel on them, Throw it into a WC3 Chasis.... seems like a no brainer.

My smith did mine, exactly has u described. Machined the front of thr action down to get rid of the small radius at the action front. Hung a Krieger tight bore LV contour(1.20" at breech, perfect size) in 243 1-8 25.5" long. Lapped the lugs, probably80% before now perfect. Bolt face was true from the factory, as was the receiver face but the radius needed to be removed. He made a cleaning pass at .001" and all the finish was removed on receiver face with that cut, pretty true. 1"-16 tpi threads. Added a krg and SS5-20, mixed in some handloads and it will throw down 1/2 moa @1k like it is it's job. Have a couple 4 shot groups at 1 k that are 2.5-3", just can't seem to get the 5th one inside of that. Smith charged 290 for truing and barrel install, also bead blasted the barrel. Brian Wick at Wick Custom Firearms . He is working with havercamp on converting his single shot br actions into repeaters. Saw the prototype in 260 feeding from AI mags.

Longrifles Inc. and Wildcall Custom Rifles both work on Tikkas. I will be sending my Tikka off to Chad as soon as this wedding is over. Im going to have to get used to this asking for permission thing, before I spend money.

Longrifles Inc. and Wildcall Custom Rifles both work on Tikkas. I will be sending my Tikka off to Chad as soon as this wedding is over. Im going to have to get used to this asking for permission thing, before I spend money.

Chad is finishing up my Tikka T3 build and I should have it in a couple weeks. I took my rebuild in a different direction

They faced off the small transition on the front of the receiver
Blue printed and trued the bolt and action
designed, cut and pinned a custom Remington style recoil lug that matches the outer contour of the T3 receiver
installed a 24" 1:8 SS #3 Brux barrel for .243 win - spiral fluted the barrel and threaded for my muzzle break/QD suppressor adapter
spiral fluted the bolt for esthetics
pillar bedded into a LH McMillan Sako hunter stock with LongRifles Inc digital camo pattern
Black Ceracoked the barreled action

The kicker on the build, I was hoping to have them install a #4 Brux barrel as the Sako hunter was suppose to support a #4 Douglas contour barrel. John at LongRifles called to tell me the Sako hunter stock wouldn't support a #4 Brux as the barrel channel was too narrow. He said he would have to use a #3 Brux. He also said a #3 brux was the same diameter as many #4 barrel contours from different barrel makers as there are no real standards for barrel makers to follow. In the end I'm still getting the same diameter barrel.

When I get back I'll post plenty of pictures.