• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka CTR 34mm ring height with 50mm objective 20moa base.

PainfromLongRange

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2019
Howdy. I just got a 24” Tikka CTR in 6.5 creedmoor and I’m waiting for it to arrive. I plan on putting a 20moa base on it and a 34mm scope with a 50mm objective. I’m trying to find out what height rings I should use. I was thinking of the Badger low rings which come out to .91.

I was also debating getting ARC M10 in .95 but they’re outta stock everywhere.

Please let me know which ones y’all think would work thanks.

Impatient GIFs | Tenor

Back to the top. I know it’s been covered a lot and I’ve tried searching but there seems to be a lot of people posting different things, if someone has the height of the barrel to rail, I’ll do my own math. Once the rifle arrives, I’ll be able to do measurements, but I was hoping to have everything ready to go when the rifle arrives. Thanks for the help.

Do not go lower than a .97” ring on a Tikka. The scope bases are much shorter than Remington 700 and clones and savage as well. You have to go up one size. The .91” may work but you will be cutting it close. I wouldn’t do it.

.97” and 50mm objective.
1CC04E60-A81A-4C20-A2EB-D1ABE3D7A517.jpeg

So looks like 1” would be better. 20 moa base should give slightly more clearance but not by much correct? And thanks for the responses I thought someone forgot about lol

.97 - 1.00” is perfect. The factory rail like what is on @Trigger Monkey ’s Tikka is the shortest Tikka rail. Any other rail besides that one will be slightly higher just like the photo I posted.

It’s a Mountain Tactical 20 moa rail. Anything with a built in recoil lug should be good. Area 419 seems to make good stuff that people like.

I’m a total dummy but I just figured out rings for a T1X with this site and a measurement of height over barrel with the DIP rail in place. Rings may arrive sooner than purple Loctite that I couldn’t find locally.

I was wondering about the purple too, I've used purple a couple of times but I've found that it doesn't do anything that blue can't do better when it comes to most gun fasteners. Technically speaking purple is classified as a low strength threadlocker designed for small screws less than 1/4" in diameter, such as base screws while being easy to break with a hand tool and low torque. Blue is a medium strength threadlocker, so it's a little stronger, resists vibration better, but breakaway torque can still be achieved with hand tools if you have to remove something.

Setting small 4-40 set screws or something of that nature, then yeah purple makes sense but for me 6, 8, and 10 size fasteners get blue when it comes to gun stuff.

@SenorT why the purple loctite? Do you use it to bed the base or rings? Thanks.
The DIP rail that I’m putting on it had a slip inside the package that said to use purple with its tiny tiny screws. I have a pistol optic where stupid me stripped a screw that was a PITA to extract, so I’m a little gun shy (of course, I had that gun out the other day and realized that the replacement screws and blue Loctite apparently came loose when I shot it a couple weeks ago).