• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka CTR & AICS Magazines

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
I have a CTR in .308 that I just installed a DBM bottom metal. I changed it because of the availability( or lack of) and cost of the Tikka Magazines. The Magpul mags do not work in the Tikka without shaving along the top of the mags outside of the feed lips. I don't want to remove material from the mags and potentially weaken them. I have two 700ss and a RPR that will allow me to interchage mazines once I change out the bottom metal. Enough history..
Do the MDT polymer mags work in the CTR without modification, or do I just need to go to the metal magazines? I'm good either way, just wanting to know.

I believe the MDT poly mags work, but I'm not positive. But I can tell you that you can make Magpuls work with very little work on the feed lips. Where the feed lips mate with the underside of the action is a bit too wide, but the bigger culprit is the 'shoulders' of the mag not allowing it high enough in the action. You can sand them down with a bit of a chamfer and get it in & working fine- catch is they won't drop free without a decent bit more work on the feed lips.