• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka, If it works why mess with it?

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
The Tikka below was my first precision rifle, bolt action. I choose the Tikka because of the Sako barrel and the butter like action. I make the claim that this was the last 308 Varmit sold in the US of A. Any how, this was the first load I developed when I took up this sport. It's 45gr of Varget in Lapua brass pushing a 178 Amax, seated 2.112 to the ojive or Tikka magazine length. The target on the top is the 5shot result of the load. I used that load for shooting in the local 300 yard palma match and to ring still out to 1200 yards. Up until now I have about 1700 rounds down the tube.

Well wanting to see if I could improve on a load now that I know a bit more, I started a charge test with the Varget and the same load produced the same results, as shown by the target from today. I will take this test a little further and load closer to the Lands and see if I can tighten up the group a bit. The tikka lands is about an 80 thou jump.

Diego

Last edited:
Nice rifle and it shoots good as well. I say just work on wearing that barrel out...

I agree. I have a T3 Varmint in 22-250 that shoots better than I can.

By the way, you're a good shot!

I have a 24in Tikka T3 Tactical that I use sparingly. Sub moa to 1k as long as I do my job and feed it correctly. It's an amazing weapon.I wonder why they quit that barrel. I practice with a Rem 700P to save the Tikka but it's hard to leave it home. Some reviewers didn't care for the stock but usually praise the action, accuracy and craftsmanship. I hold my own with the big dollar rifles and save the extra for ammo. I added a TRG muzzle brake and a Harris bipod, otherwise stock. Don't see many around and haven't tried a 20in model yet. May get a .223 if I can put away the Savage Model 12.

I helped my friend setting up and sight in his t3 lite. Even it is cheaper model, it still shoots sub moa out of box. I am impressed with it. Tikka stock is fictional and works great. I just don't like the looks and feeling of it. Until now. They came out with t3 sporter line. That is just nice. I would get one if I am not saving money for a ai ax 338 lm.

I have CTR .223 that shoots very well with pretty much anything I feed it. The new T3 heavy barrel line they have coming out (CTR, new run and more chambers) should be welcomed favorably.

I am a diehard Tikka Fanboy but you should be tarred and feathered for that abomination of a paint scheme......

Like I said in another thread, my .308 Tikka Varmint can out shoot my DTA SRS w/.308 conversion kit. I haven't finished working up a quality load for the DTA but with everything I've tried in both the Tikka has always shot better! Almost enough to break a person's heart when you consider cost!!